Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I’m always a bit uncertain about how miles credit when flying on a codeshare and wondering if anything’s changed now that Alaska’s joined OW. I’d really appreciate if someone could ELI5?

For example, booked into “I” on an AA codeshare that’s on BA metal (AA fare & ticket). Not sure if that credits at the AA or BA rate? (150% vs 250% RDM)

shuttle
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by shuttlerider
I’m always a bit uncertain about how miles credit when flying on a codeshare and wondering if anything’s changed now that Alaska’s joined OW. I’d really appreciate if someone could ELI5?

For example, booked into “I” on an AA codeshare that’s on BA metal (AA fare & ticket). Not sure if that credits at the AA or BA rate? (150% vs 250% RDM)

shuttle
In your example, it'd be based on AA's chart.
Basically you earn based on the marketing airline, as long as the metal airline is a Oneworld partner.

Check under details on this page:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-american
shuttlerider likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
AA violating agreement to upgrade AS Gold 75K

What is the AS phone number and email address we AS Gold 75K can use when AA refuses to upgrade us?

As OWE, we are entitled to space-available upgrades on AA. Additionally, the AA website states that AS 75K get CU.

Twice I have been the only person on the AA upgrade list. Twice I have been denied upgrades.

I emailed AA and they said "Upgrades are at the discretion of the GA". That is not what the website or agreement say. That means someone noneligible got a complimentary upgrade, like a non-rev AA employee.

AS pax are being mistreated by AA.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Guate87
What is the AS phone number and email address we AS Gold 75K can use when AA refuses to upgrade us?

As OWE, we are entitled to space-available upgrades on AA. Additionally, the AA website states that AS 75K get CU.

Twice I have been the only person on the AA upgrade list. Twice I have been denied upgrades.

I emailed AA and they said "Upgrades are at the discretion of the GA". That is not what the website or agreement say. That means someone noneligible got a complimentary upgrade, like a non-rev AA employee.

Contact AS Customer Care with the details of your flight and I bet they can pass it along. I imagine it's a training issue at this point, assuming you were indeed eligible and space was available.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Guate87

That’s unfortunate. As anteater suggested, AS customer care is your best bet. Sadly, AA treats their own flyers like garbage, so it seems about right for AS frequent flyers to get the same treatment…
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I've done a couple of searches in vain. I am sure this has been asked before, so please bear with me.

I am AA EXP, how do I designate my AA FF# onto my AS account. I want to earn AA credit when flying on AS metal.

Thank you!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I am AA EXP, how do I designate my AA FF# onto my AS account. I want to earn AA credit when flying on AS metal.
On the passenger info page when booking, there’s a drop down box labeled “Mileage program and number”. Click “add mileage program” below it. Enter your AA # and click continue.

You can also add it prior to booking in the “Profile and Settings” section of the website. Click your name in top right, overview & elite status, scroll down to bottom left, travel preferences, programs.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by anteater
Contact AS Customer Care with the details of your flight and I bet they can pass it along. I imagine it's a training issue at this point, assuming you were indeed eligible and space was available.
I emailed and called both the AS and AA elite customer support departments.

I fly both AA and AS almost every week.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
AA treats their own flyers like garbage, so it seems about right for AS frequent flyers to get the same treatment…
I am Platinum and have been an AAdvantage member since 1987 but don't feel any love from AA.

I wish the AA lounge employees could handle the upgrades. I love both the AA and AS lounges.

According to AA "customer service", gate agents can do whatever they want with upgrades, including ignoring AS Gold 75Ks like me.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow
On the passenger info page when booking, there’s a drop down box labeled “Mileage program and number”. Click “add mileage program” below it. Enter your AA # and click continue.

You can also add it prior to booking in the “Profile and Settings” section of the website. Click your name in top right, overview & elite status, scroll down to bottom left, travel preferences, programs.
Thank you so much. Very helpful!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Alaska
AS Award availability from any US City to Rome in any class has disappeared entirely for AA after April 30, 2022. I can't believe it is all booked out. Is this related to the OW Conversion?

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:15 am

Obligatory apologies if this has been asked —
Does anyone know if there is an upgrade waitlist issue if you pre-select an exit row seat?

I’m MVP, and In this case, doing a PDX-LAX-LIR routing. When I originally selected seats at booking I had selected an exit row on a few of the segments, and it showed me only as ‘premium’ waitlisted on all segments; however recently I changed only the PDX-LAX segment to a regular elite seat (one other is still exit), and now it’s showing both ‘premium’ and ‘first class’ waitlisted on all flight segments.

I was curious if there was a known explanation for this phenomenon.. will Alaska upgrade you to FC if originally in an exit row?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Tussis
will Alaska upgrade you to FC if originally in an exit row?
Yes. I would call in to verify you are on the FC UG list.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
I’m on a paid J ticket tomorrow. If I SDC to a Q400, will I lose Alaska Lounge/extra miles? Obviously there is no First cabin, but my ticket offered those benefits (and a SDC doesn’t trigger a ticket reissuance, iirc).
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by sturges
I’m on a paid J ticket tomorrow. If I SDC to a Q400, will I lose Alaska Lounge/extra miles? Obviously there is no First cabin, but my ticket offered those benefits (and a SDC doesn’t trigger a ticket reissuance, iirc).
I did this once (J to Y) so I could get home on an earlier flight. You will still have lounge access, but you will earn miles based on the new fare class.

They must track the lounge access eligibility in some manner because all I did was show the new BP (reflecting Y class) and I was granted entry.
PABE likes this.

Last edited by anteater; Jul 11, 2021 at 11:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.