Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Is the double EQM promotion still on going? If yes, when does it end? I am looking an itinerary that unfortunately has the lag in AA. Is it possible to credit everything to AS and the last leg to AA? I am gold with AS and Pt with AA. I think my upgrade chances are higher as AA plt on AA leg and AS gold.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Is the double EQM promotion still on going? If yes, when does it end? I am looking an itinerary that unfortunately has the lag in AA. Is it possible to credit everything to AS and the last leg to AA? I am gold with AS and Pt with AA. I think my upgrade chances are higher as AA plt on AA leg and AS gold.
The 50% EQM bonus for Alaska Mileage Plan on Alaskais scheduled to run through September 30th.Also double checking, you have an Alaska ticket with legs on both Alaska and American?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Yes, There are a total of 5 legs. The very last leg is AA.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 12:27 am

Why did my checked bag get a fragile sticker? Maybe because I had cookies??

AS11, EWR-SEA

Weird thing is, I tagged my own bag, and at EWR you don't drop it at the Alaska counter, you bring it right to a TSA bag drop point.

Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Anyone have experience checking bags near the cut off on a flight that has been delayed (in advance)? Im wondering if the 4 hour rule applies to the original scheduled time or if you would have to wait until 4 hours before the new departure time.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I have a reservation for a flight in O, which doesn’t qualify for a GGU. But I see that the price now for a new ticket’s First Class Upgrade is the same as for Main. I take it there’s no way around the original lower price?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I have a reservation for a flight in O, which doesnt qualify for a GGU. But I see that the price now for a new tickets First Class Upgrade is the same as for Main. I take it theres no way around the original lower price?
Can you just cancel and rebook with the wallet credit?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Can you just cancel and rebook with the wallet credit?
I could, but todays price is $100 more. I also tried Change Reservation, but while GGU is an option, the same flight isnt listed.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I could, but todays price is $100 more. I also tried Change Reservation, but while GGU is an option, the same flight isnt listed.
My guess is they sold all of the "O" seat inventory so all that is left is a higher fare class, which is GGU. If you start a new booking and add the "Main" option it to your cart what fare class does it show on the "Your cart" page? I'll gander a second guess that it's the same fare class you'd get if you instead added the "First Class Upgrade" option to your cart.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
My guess is they sold all of the "O" seat inventory so all that is left is a higher fare class, which is GGU. If you start a new booking and add the "Main" option it to your cart what fare class does it show on the "Your cart" page? I'll gander a second guess that it's the same fare class you'd get if you instead added the "First Class Upgrade" option to your cart.
Correct. V for both.

It should noted though that almost half of the seats in Economy are available, so perhaps timing is a bigger factor.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I expect to qualify for MVPG this year having already flown ~36.4k EQM and flying another ~4.1K EQM later this month. However for the 4 segment requirement, only one segment so far has been on AS and a second segment will come in later this month. I should be able to get the remaining two segments in either Oct or Nov/Dec. I can fly those as either paid or award tickets (by redeeming AS or AA miles).

Do award flights count against the "4 segments marketed and operated by AS" requirement or do I need to fly those as paid segments?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
I expect to qualify for MVPG this year having already flown ~36.4k EQM and flying another ~4.1K EQM later this month. However for the 4 segment requirement, only one segment so far has been on AS and a second segment will come in later this month. I should be able to get the remaining two segments in either Oct or Nov/Dec. I can fly those as either paid or award tickets (by redeeming AS or AA miles).

Do award flights count against the "4 segments marketed and operated by AS" requirement or do I need to fly those as paid segments?
Have not seen this clearly detailed anywhere, but my guess would be segments need to be paid, not award. Just as award flights do not earn EQM, there's no mileage activity posted with them, so doubt the segment would count in this case, or even show up in your activity. I might be wrong, but I'd plan to take paid flights (even if you need to add a quick short hop (SEA/PDX r/t) to hit it if you want the status.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I have an upcoming ticket AS=>UA and then return UA=>AS. Since they are on the same ticket, will AS check my bag all the way to the final destination on UA? (And UA checking through to AS on the return?)
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I have an upcoming ticket AS=>UA and then return UA=>AS. Since they are on the same ticket, will AS check my bag all the way to the final destination on UA? (And UA checking through to AS on the return?)
I once had AS check my bags through on an AS=>SK trip (*A as UA). Not even on the same ticket and not sure how they could be.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
I booked a F award flight and the fare code is E. It is a discounted F award, but I’ve never seen E before nor does E show on the fare class charts. Assuming I will still have Lounge access.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.