Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold

This was CDG to CPH it was described as Eggs on Ground beef. It was meh, a huge downgrade compared to the last meal of shrimps on Curry Mashed potatoes. The mixed Veggies on the left looked unappealing was actually quite tasty.
tff, Sealink and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 6:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
CDG - BSL and back

I was the only pax in J on the way back and was proactively offered champagne on the way back but declined, the bottle seemed half empty and without a proper cap, I doubt there was any sparkle left.
Sealink likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Those are some sad looking snacks for a J flight...

Does it count as a domestic flight? Iirc GVA still gets 5(15)xp and meal service despite being technically a french airport.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 3:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
It's international from an XP perspective.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 7:51 pm

CDG - FLR 3/23

cold beef and eggs. It was ok. The desert was better.

Old Apr 9, 2023, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Copenhagen to Paris, noon departure.

Perfectly adequate for a short hop, and not bad in the flavour just needed some salt. With a few glasses of champagne to round it of.

I do wonder why there is not a better option for the bread, but maybe the point is to have warm bread bring butter and cheese up to a better temperature for eating?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
This one is from January,
CDG-IST in Business Class

No hot meal on this flight.
Drink refills promptly offered by the crew.

Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Actually, the same meals are offered whether it's a flight from PAR to AMS, or PAR to IST. This is what I find off. IST should have proper catering, not this which is more suited to shorter flights such as GVA, BHX or FRA, for example.
tff and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Actually, the same meals are offered whether it's a flight from PAR to AMS, or PAR to IST. This is what I find off. IST should have proper catering, not this which is more suited to shorter flights such as GVA, BHX or FRA, for example.
Agree, have had this same meal CDG to BCN, althought probably it was without the mushrooms and the nuts.

I guess the difference is the praliné, but poor IMHO.

I hope the solution is not to “enhanced” the meals of the shorter segments.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Don’t hold your breath. AF though customer service department confirmed to me this miserable offering is here to stay: one cold meal option not matter the length of the flight!!!
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:06 pm

Af1095 ork-cdg 11.04.2023

Yummy meal for a 75 minute flight.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6948
Don’t hold your breath. AF though customer service department confirmed to me this miserable offering is here to stay: one cold meal option not matter the length of the flight!!!
Sorry if I'm repeating what I wrote elsewhere (or even possibly here) but I find easyJet so much better these days that I have no motivation to book AF or KL at the moment. On Easy the service is much friendlier and the catering much better than it used to be. From their BoB menu you can now have a snack, sandwich or hot ciabatta and a drink for CHF9.95. If you have a beer or wine, it goes up to CHF12.00. It actually makes a lot more sense to buy something from the Easy menu than get anything from the airport (sandwiches were €9.80 in SVQ and AGP airports recently).
tourguide and AnaTFN like this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Must be easy Switzerland.

Whenever I fly with easyJet around here in the northwest of the continent, the crews are severly lacking. Feels like flying with a bunch of teenagers on job experience. Other airlines have young crews as well, but they present much more proffessional, even LCCs.
I also hate the fact that you can't change seat even for payment once it has been autoassigned to you.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it was indeed easyJet Switzerland (DS), although one of my sectors was on easyJet mainline (U2) on BRS=GVA and it was ok. But the DS crews are the best, IMO, as is their BoB trolley. Maybe you were on the third easyJet variation - easyJet Europe (EC) - which I haven't tried yet. But so far, I am more pleased with DS and U2 than I am with AF or KL.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by irishbcn

Yummy meal for a 75 minute flight.

Nice, they finally put a food description card there! Had the same on my flight to CPH. 6/10 for me. The Curry Shrimp dish I had last month was by far the best one.
hhdl likes this.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Apr 13, 2023 at 1:16 pm Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.