The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:33 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by NickB
Please, let us not and let us leave that obsession with champagne to the BA board...
Oh Bless - I fear that the fixation with Champagne is extremely BA but clearly it is catching on. Indulge me - in Europe do they serve drinks before the meal or during the meal. I have an interest as I am flying LIS-CDG in C. As the only glass seems to be without a bottle do they pour from large bottle on a route that long.

The AF menus do look somewhat strange but how can one judge without tasting first. I am then travelling on the next day to EZE the following day. Are they still doing pre-ordering in Long Haul?

Maybe I should take some picture and let you know what I think?
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oh Bless - I fear that the fixation with Champagne is extremely BA but clearly it is catching on. Indulge me - in Europe do they serve drinks before the meal or during the meal. I have an interest as I am flying LIS-CDG in C. As the only glass seems to be without a bottle do they pour from large bottle on a route that long.
AF does serve Champagne with the meal. No pre-take off drink so far. They serve from a big bottle so you can top it up throughout the flight.

The AF menus do look somewhat strange but how can one judge without tasting first. I am then travelling on the next day to EZE the following day. Are they still doing pre-ordering in Long Haul?
Maybe I should take some picture and let you know what I think?
The menu is quite disappointing for such an airline. it has been discussed a lot here. One only option and it is cold. For longhaul, not sure! Yes please take a picture and share your views.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
AF does serve Champagne with the meal. No pre-take off drink so far. They serve from a big bottle so you can top it up throughout the flight.

The menu is quite disappointing for such an airline. it has been discussed a lot here. One only option and it is cold. For longhaul, not sure! Yes please take a picture and share your views.
Yes - that is interesting - thank you. I have no problem with cold meals if what is being served is worth it. Does AF like BA cater for the return out of CDG or pick up fresh from outstations? I wonder if this cold meal business is to compensate for crew numbers?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:26 am

Yes - that is interesting - thank you. I have no problem with cold meals if what is being served is worth it. Does AF like BA cater for the return out of CDG or pick up fresh from outstations? I wonder if this cold meal business is to compensate for crew numbers?
cold meals are return catered. But the change happened because of a dispute with management regarding crew numbers. AF decided to simplify the service across the board. So you get the same service whether you fly to LHR or Yerevan!!! There is also that excuse about A220s not having big enough ovens!!!

flown AF to Kittila and back on Tui Fly Belgium and guess who won the best service?
PUCCI GALORE and Bullspread like this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
cold meals are return catered. But the change happened because of a dispute with management regarding crew numbers. AF decided to simplify the service across the board. So you get the same service whether you fly to LHR or Yerevan!!! There is also that excuse about A220s not having big enough ovens!!!

flown AF to Kittila and back on Tui Fly Belgium and guess who won the best service?
Crew numbers? Really - so you get the same on board meal regardless of which city Short Haul AF are serving. Fascinating.

One thing - do Air France do Champgne d'Accueil in Buiness Class on Short Haul? They used to years ago except from London where the Customs Regulations prohibit the bars being opened before take-off

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Feb 22, 2023 at 8:20 am
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
No champagne before take off, just water (proactively offered... mostly).

Plenty once in flight.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Are they still doing pre-ordering in Long Haul?
My experience on 6 recent AF BIZ flights between CDG and YYZ is yes, main course pre-ordering is available and has always been honoured. Note "available" not "offered" - you need to be pro-active and keep an eye on your booking and watch for the pre-ordering option to open up -- about 2 weeks prior is my experience.
Note big differences between AF and KLM -- pre-ordering not available in KLM. And no ore-dinner drinks offered on KLM! And it was cheese OR dessert on KLM -- quite emphatically told it was either/or.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Last edited by Stanbury; Feb 22, 2023 at 4:23 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Stanbury
My experience on 6 recent AF BIZ flights between CDG and YYZ is yes, main course pre-ordering is available and has always been honoured. Note "available" not "offered" - you need to be pro-active and keep an eye on your booking and watch for the pre-ordering option to open up -- about 2 weeks prior is my experience.
Note big differences between AF and KLM -- pre-ordering not available in KLM. And no ore-dinner drinks offered on KLM! And it was cheese OR dessert on KLM -- quite emphatically told it was either/or.
That is is quite remarkable and fortuitous. I was just about to post the question again as it is nearly two weeks before I fly to EZE. I will do as you ask - yesterday I saw nothing of the kind except "special meals" (hindu etc) - so will keep watching. Thank you.

I am so sorry - this had no business being here - so I have moved it to the Long Haul thread - sorry!
Thank you so much -

If this were the BA Forum I'd make you a Mucci for being so helpful and thoughtful. Mais - on est chez Air France.
miles4CDG likes this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Feb 24, 2023 at 4:39 am
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I propose Ambassadeur des Muccis au France (Air)

(or maybe Consul Honoraire?)
miles4CDG, truncated and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:02 am

If this were the BA Forum I'd make you a Mucci for being so helpful and thoughtful. Mais - on est chez Air France.
I am mortified. This will stand as one of the major disappointments of my time on FT!
Maybe I'll simply put a post into the BA forum saying that pre-odering is not available on BA ...
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Stanbury
I am mortified. This will stand as one of the major disappointments of my time on FT!
Maybe I'll simply put a post into the BA forum saying that pre-odering is not available on BA ...
Be at peace. I create you the very first Mucci de la Brosse a Cheveux pailletée. None but you will receive this which is within my gift!

Now I will really try to do photos for everyone. I say try as I tend to have taken a lump out of something before remembering to take a picture!
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:24 pm

Be at peace. I create you the very first Mucci de la Brosse a Cheveux pailletée. None but you will receive this which is within my gift!
Je suis bien reconnaissant et assurément en paix
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Let’s beat the dead horse one more time!

AF1071 HEL-CDG A220. Flight time from gate to gate around three hours, this meal is not sufficient one for such a long flight. This flight was also delayed 2h on departure from HEL and to add insult to injury, I saw my connecting flight to LIN to push back when we got on our arrival gate at CDG 2F. So I got to enjoy one night in Paris…

AF1212 CDG-LIN A320. This savory pancake with turkey(?) filling was probably the best meal on my trip and more than enough for a one hour flight. I couldn’t help but notice how tired the A320 seemed compared with factory fresh A220 on the previous segment.

AF1013 LIN-CDG A220. Not much to say except again enough for a short one hour hop.

AF1176 CDG-HEL A220. This same meal has been around for a long time and it’s still not good enough for almost three hour flight.
and this is what TuiFly Belgium offers on their Kittila- Brussels route if you book the fly deluxe option. Ticket price was 69 euros plus 60 euros fly deluxe (luggage, food and unlimited drinks from the menu). Service starts with a round of champagne and a snack then comes the meal service. And FlyTui allows to be seated in emergency rows with plenty of legroom especially the A and F seats that have no seats in the row in front!

tff, Sealink and Xandrios like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:22 pm

I am reporting back. I have flown LIS-CDG. It was a curate’s egg at the bad bit was entirely due to the ground staff in Lisbon. We were told at the gate that the toilet in club was not working and so we needed to go on the ground. We then in spite of being jet stairs all over the place and the pleasure of going downstairs and then clambering upstairs again to get into the aircraft. I see that France and BA score alike on this. What did impressed me was that the aircraft was spotlessly clean. I say spotless. We took off. People seemed to spend an inordinate out of time running around, pulling curtains. After about 15 to 20 minutes out, came the cart. The tray was served and it was the lentils with the slice of salmon. This came with the cheese and a tarte au citron. The quality was excellent and both of us found the amount perfectly sufficient. The wine was served from big bottles and it was Joseph Perrier. This is a champagne which has a particular flavour and some may not like it. I do. The red wine was a Medoc, which both of us thought was excellent.

I might add that there was nothing the matter with the business class toilets at the front of the cabin. It was just the aspiration which would not work on the ground in the air. It was fine. I might add that I was terribly impressed about how clean it was in there as well.
The crew were perfectly delightful, and nothing was too much trouble. As I say, I was impressed indeed.

tff, Sealink, Goldorak and 4 others like this.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Mar 12, 2023 at 5:28 pm
Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold

CDG to LIS This was excellent, so much so that I requested another and the flight attendant happily obliged! Shrimp on Curry mashed potatoes. Shrimp were perfectly cooked and juicy. It was a cold dish but stellar. Really enjoyed it.
JOUY31, tff, Sealink and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Mar 14, 2023 at 4:35 pm Reason: add info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.