The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:54 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Eagle2000
CPH to CDG

Normally I detest fish but this was cooked and I was hungry so it was acceptable 6/10 (bread NOT reheated)
Oh dear! When all European airlines are improving their Business Class meals and service, AF is just insiting on serving us crap!
f0zzyNUE, Solevita and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:23 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
That AF bread roll is tough like a stone when not reheated. Not sure why but in my experience it's borderline inedible at times.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That AF bread roll is tough like a stone when not reheated. Not sure why but in my experience it's borderline inedible at times.
I really don't understand why many FAs don't heat the hread. The planes have ovens. When its heated then it's ok, but there is better bread in the air.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
I really don't understand why many FAs don't heat the hread. The planes have ovens. When its heated then it's ok, but there is better bread in the air.
I guess unions will call a strike if they are pushed to use the ovens.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
This is why I like the bread from YYZ to CDG (see my AF long haul business meal Post) doesn't shred the gums on my front teeth,lol
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
I guess unions will call a strike if they are pushed to use the ovens.
except if itís for their own usage 😉
feederflight and Solevita like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:37 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold

This was served onboard LX ZRH-LIS at dinner time (21h05 departure, 2h50 block schedule) last week. Not much better than what AF is serving intra-Europe, much worse than its code-share partner (TP) and its parent company (LH) in flights to LIS. Let's hope there isn't a race to the bottom.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Eagle2000

CDG to CPH

Meh is all I am gonna say.

That looks like the leftover beef and veggies AFTER straining the beef broth that was simmering on the oven for hours....and I remember it tasted exactly like that when I had the meal a while ago.

Bute wth is AF not capable of bringing in more meal rotations? They are feeding us kind of the exact same stuff for 2-3 years now.

Quality and presentation still miles ahead of the biohazard KLM is serving, but time and again the same stuff. That is completely uninspired. To hell with the unions!
tff likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by BA6948
Have you complined to AF? I mean if we all complain formally through the appropriate channel, things may change.
They couldn't care less. I did complain politely and suggested some minor improvements, KLM included and the only reply was a virtual middle finger. Thanks, I got the memo.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by tff

This was served onboard LX ZRH-LIS at dinner time (21h05 departure, 2h50 block schedule) last week. Not much better than what AF is serving intra-Europe, much worse than its code-share partner (TP) and its parent company (LH) in flights to LIS. Let's hope there isn't a race to the bottom.
That is pretty awful, the baby corn looks like it is already it's at least 2nd appearance on a plate......somehow. For LIS-ZRH, this is an insult. And I agree that TP's catering is about 100 times better, along with A3 and OS the best on *A in Western Europe. TK is again another league.
tff likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
TP on FRA-LIS was the single best meal I've had in an airplane period.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
TP on FRA-LIS was the single best meal I've had in an airplane period.
Couldn't agree more, there's also the option to pre select the hot meal on TP/A3 Europe flights.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Got this on GVA-CDG for breakfast last week. Carbs + Fruit. And a bit of cheese.

Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by jb1012xna
Got this on GVA-CDG for breakfast last week. Carbs + Fruit. And a bit of cheese.
Still a very poor show from AF. Yikes 🤮
Old Jun 23, 2023, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I'll consider to rename Air France simply to Air QS (Air Quinoa Salad) after having two quinoa salad variations again on NUE-CDG-SVQ today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.