Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I am surprised BA still gives anything for free!
JapesUK likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by Concerto
Those pretzels wouldn't feed a mouse.
maybe they cust contain lots of salt so that you become even more thirsty and buy more drinks
Old Sep 7, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
maybe they cust contain lots of salt so that you become even more thirsty and buy more drinks
Be careful! At the time business class meals in Europe switched to cold meals and one option no matter the distance, there were also some rumors AF/KL would switch to Buy on Board. We may end up with nothing in Economy. But at least BA has options and hot food on longer routes in Business.
Bullspread likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 7:48 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
CDG-JMK
Aug 27

A tasty but kind of strange little snack on what is not a short flight. I am curious, is this dish something that would actually be eaten in a non-airplane context in France? Feels very ... grab what is left in the fridge for a quick snack.

JapesUK likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
"Tasty but kind of strange (and not that substantial)" is probably the most succinct characterization of AF short-haul catering. The lounge food is generally pretty good, though.
Fabo.sk and Solevita like this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
CDG-JMK
Aug 27

A tasty but kind of strange little snack on what is not a short flight. I am curious, is this dish something that would actually be eaten in a non-airplane context in France? Feels very ... grab what is left in the fridge for a quick snack.
Raise a complaint. This is outrageous. Even Lufthansa has good hot options on longer routes now with 3 course meals.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35572528-post540.html
Bullspread likes this.

Last edited by BA6948; Sep 11, 2023 at 10:30 pm
Old Sep 12, 2023, 4:50 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by BA6948
Raise a complaint. This is outrageous. Even Lufthansa has good hot options on longer routes now with 3 course meals.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35572528-post540.html
ATH-FRA only has a good hot option becuase there is the competition from A3 there. You can find similarly long or even longer routes which only get the basic cold meal, if there is no competition to worry about.
hugolover and BA850 like this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
ATH-FRA only has a good hot option becuase there is the competition from A3 there. You can find similarly long or even longer routes which only get the basic cold meal, if there is no competition to worry about.
Unfortunately it’s only BA/IB who are consistent in Europe (and consistently make an effort to deliver decent food).

*NB: I exclude Aegean from this assessment because of their limited network, and TK because very few people really book intra-European itineraries via IST.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
TP is in my experience great up front, but like TK and to a lesser extent BA and IB, they are too excentric.

OK had IMHO the best J service in Europe, and according to recent reports, still do, but they are basically gone and only fly PRG-CDG basically for paper reasons.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by BA850
Unfortunately it’s only BA/IB who are consistent in Europe (and consistently make an effort to deliver decent food).

*NB: I exclude Aegean from this assessment because of their limited network, and TK because very few people really book intra-European itineraries via IST.
- LH, LX and OS offer 3 course meals with 2 hot options for flights over 2h.
- AY offers a 3 course meal with one hot option over 2h30.
- BA/IB works with bands and bands 3 onwards get 3 course meals with 2 hot options and one cold option.
-A3/TK are the very best
- TP has also a great product.

Only AF/KL are crap in Business and it all comes down to a deal they have signed with cabin crew not to overwork them in Shorthaul.
tff, saraoutou and Bullspread like this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
AF do have champagne in short haul though, and that's a big +. Only others I know about are LX and BA.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:34 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948
- LH, LX and OS offer 3 course meals with 2 hot options for flights over 2h.
- AY offers a 3 course meal with one hot option over 2h30.
- BA/IB works with bands and bands 3 onwards get 3 course meals with 2 hot options and one cold option.
-A3/TK are the very best
- TP has also a great product.

Only AF/KL are crap in Business and it all comes down to a deal they have signed with cabin crew not to overwork them in Shorthaul.
Overall, I do believe this is a correct assesment. But I've had LX offer a cold meal on ZRH-LIS (block scheduled at 3h) at dinner time.
It's missing SK, LO or OU, which are crap too. I'm not sure about the new services onboard AZ or SN.
Bullspread and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 4:30 am

AF CDG-TUN breakfast.
  • No pastries were provided in this flight along with the barely warm bread.
  • Also no biscuits or chocolate handed over after the meal.
  • A lot of carbs and minimal substance.
  • Yogurt should at least be served with a bit of honey.

Service was done in around 15 minutes for a really abysmal meal.

JapesUK likes this.

Last edited by BA6948; Sep 15, 2023 at 4:35 am
Old Sep 17, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
A quartet of meals from this weekend. The trout was far and away my favourite, the perfect in flight meal, tasty yet light. Double quinoa, and the dreadful breakfast.

CDG-NCL 17/09/2023

AMS-CDG 17/09/23

CDG-KRK 16/09/23

NCL-CDG 16/09/23
tff and Xandrios like this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
There's apparently no amount of money that a chef will take to sign their name to that breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.