The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Bullspread
i cannot believe it …..
what a downgrade !!!!
I disagree : for short-haul J (= domestic flights), it's an upgrade. They were just serving some "enhanced peanuts bags" or equivalent.
Short haul for AF is domestic flights.
JOUY31, orbitmic, Andy82 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I disagree : for short-haul J (= domestic flights), it's an upgrade. They were just serving some "enhanced peanuts bags" or equivalent.
True. A real improvement for domestic flights. No changes for Europe/Maghreb destinations.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: FB Gold
Ok, as long as the french Wanders (or "Adamski") box is for domestic flights, it does represent an improvement......provided it does not make its way onto intra-Europe flights someday.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Not that it matters much, soon you'll be flying Transavia and no longer get anything.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Since when does a calisson count as "a dessert" though??!

More seriously, i agree it's a small improvement - now domestic C will effectively get a sandwich and that's not that different from many other European C ultra short flight offerings. In my view, however, C offerings on flights above 2 hours or so remains inadequate, particularly at meal times so i hope they will revisit those too.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If they stick to the domestic flights, that’s an upgrade indeed .
Should they serve this box in replacement of the usual offer on short medium haul (GVA, LHR, AMS) that would be a downgrade
JOUY31 and San Gottardo like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Not that it matters much, soon you'll be flying Transavia and no longer get anything.
Transavia isn't taking over the ex-CDG domestic routes, AFAIK.
San Gottardo likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Should they serve this box in replacement of the usual offer on short medium haul (GVA, LHR, AMS) that would be a downgrade
Agreed
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
This was ex-GVA yesterday, no box on this short medium haul.

Bullspread likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: FB Gold
Is it really that hard for AF to cater a decent charcuterie, cheese, bread, and chocolatine for breakfast on their flights ?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MichielR
This was ex-GVA yesterday, no box on this short medium haul.

looks miserable though…
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by mlin32
and chocolatine
uh oh… are we going to have this lexical debate here?! 😁😁😁
msat, mlin32, fereke and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by orbitmic
looks miserable though…
Taste was better than its appearance, actually.

KL must have shifted its excess supply of Gouda to their AF brothers and sisters.
orbitmic and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:06 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Interesting how AF European J catering developed over time... from something shockingly awful with a truly big bang to one of the better offers sometime around 2019, a first sign of the Ben Smith era. From that point onwards, death by a thousand cuts, making things worse step-by-step. First, with the intro of the A220, no more hot food on the medium haul network. After that, small changes, all of them for the worse, in terms of choice, quality, quantity, freshness.... to something which is now closer to the lowpoint of the infamous White Boxes than to the high point of 2019.

A pity. I like the AF J class product still better than BA, LH, LX, but the difference becomes smaller and smaller.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Interesting how AF European J catering developed over time... from something shockingly awful with a truly big bang to one of the better offers sometime around 2019, a first sign of the Ben Smith era. From that point onwards, death by a thousand cuts, making things worse step-by-step. First, with the intro of the A220, no more hot food on the medium haul network. After that, small changes, all of them for the worse, in terms of choice, quality, quantity, freshness.... to something which is now closer to the lowpoint of the infamous White Boxes than to the high point of 2019.

A pity. I like the AF J class product still better than BA, LH, LX, but the difference becomes smaller and smaller.
The big improvement in Europe Business class you're refering to was introduced in early 2015 with the introduction of the grey Massaud trays, under De Juniac. All the cuts have started under Ben Smith.
In my opinion, product wise (hard and soft), Ben Smith is not the grand savior many people thinks.
saraoutou likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.