The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:07 am
  #436  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,192
Originally Posted by Bullspread
i cannot believe it …..
what a downgrade !!!!
I disagree : for short-haul J (= domestic flights), it's an upgrade. They were just serving some "enhanced peanuts bags" or equivalent.
Short haul for AF is domestic flights.
JOUY31, orbitmic, Andy82 and 1 others like this.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:16 am
  #437  
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Posts: 12,412
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I disagree : for short-haul J (= domestic flights), it's an upgrade. They were just serving some "enhanced peanuts bags" or equivalent.
Short haul for AF is domestic flights.
True. A real improvement for domestic flights. No changes for Europe/Maghreb destinations.
orbitmic likes this.
JOUY31 is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:27 am
  #438  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FRA/SXB
Programs: FB Gold
Posts: 2,067
Ok, as long as the french Wanders (or "Adamski") box is for domestic flights, it does represent an improvement......provided it does not make its way onto intra-Europe flights someday.
mlin32 is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:39 am
  #439  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: Der 5* FTL
Posts: 8,400
Not that it matters much, soon you'll be flying Transavia and no longer get anything.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:41 am
  #440  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 30,752
Since when does a calisson count as "a dessert" though??!

More seriously, i agree it's a small improvement - now domestic C will effectively get a sandwich and that's not that different from many other European C ultra short flight offerings. In my view, however, C offerings on flights above 2 hours or so remains inadequate, particularly at meal times so i hope they will revisit those too.
Xandrios likes this.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:43 am
  #441  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,074
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I disagree : for short-haul J (= domestic flights), it's an upgrade. They were just serving some "enhanced peanuts bags" or equivalent.
Short haul for AF is domestic flights.
If they stick to the domestic flights, that’s an upgrade indeed .
Should they serve this box in replacement of the usual offer on short medium haul (GVA, LHR, AMS) that would be a downgrade
JOUY31 and San Gottardo like this.
Bullspread is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 1:12 pm
  #442  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Posts: 2,491
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Not that it matters much, soon you'll be flying Transavia and no longer get anything.
Transavia isn't taking over the ex-CDG domestic routes, AFAIK.
San Gottardo likes this.
hhdl is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:07 pm
  #443  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,192
Originally Posted by Bullspread
If they stick to the domestic flights, that’s an upgrade indeed .
Should they serve this box in replacement of the usual offer on short medium haul (GVA, LHR, AMS) that would be a downgrade
Agreed
Goldorak is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:25 am
  #444  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Posts: 5,821
Originally Posted by Bullspread
If they stick to the domestic flights, that’s an upgrade indeed .
Should they serve this box in replacement of the usual offer on short medium haul (GVA, LHR, AMS) that would be a downgrade
This was ex-GVA yesterday, no box on this short medium haul.

Bullspread likes this.
MichielR is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:09 am
  #445  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FRA/SXB
Programs: FB Gold
Posts: 2,067
Is it really that hard for AF to cater a decent charcuterie, cheese, bread, and chocolatine for breakfast on their flights ?
mlin32 is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:20 am
  #446  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 30,752
Originally Posted by MichielR
This was ex-GVA yesterday, no box on this short medium haul.

looks miserable though…
orbitmic is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:21 am
  #447  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 30,752
Originally Posted by mlin32
and chocolatine
uh oh… are we going to have this lexical debate here?! 😁😁😁
msat, mlin32, fereke and 2 others like this.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:21 am
  #448  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Posts: 5,821
Originally Posted by orbitmic
looks miserable though…
Taste was better than its appearance, actually.

KL must have shifted its excess supply of Gouda to their AF brothers and sisters.
orbitmic and hhdl like this.
MichielR is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:06 am
  #449  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Posts: 7,867
Interesting how AF European J catering developed over time... from something shockingly awful with a truly big bang to one of the better offers sometime around 2019, a first sign of the Ben Smith era. From that point onwards, death by a thousand cuts, making things worse step-by-step. First, with the intro of the A220, no more hot food on the medium haul network. After that, small changes, all of them for the worse, in terms of choice, quality, quantity, freshness.... to something which is now closer to the lowpoint of the infamous White Boxes than to the high point of 2019.

A pity. I like the AF J class product still better than BA, LH, LX, but the difference becomes smaller and smaller.
orbitmic likes this.
San Gottardo is offline  
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:34 am
  #450  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Valencia, Paris
Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Interesting how AF European J catering developed over time... from something shockingly awful with a truly big bang to one of the better offers sometime around 2019, a first sign of the Ben Smith era. From that point onwards, death by a thousand cuts, making things worse step-by-step. First, with the intro of the A220, no more hot food on the medium haul network. After that, small changes, all of them for the worse, in terms of choice, quality, quantity, freshness.... to something which is now closer to the lowpoint of the infamous White Boxes than to the high point of 2019.

A pity. I like the AF J class product still better than BA, LH, LX, but the difference becomes smaller and smaller.
The big improvement in Europe Business class you're refering to was introduced in early 2015 with the introduction of the grey Massaud trays, under De Juniac. All the cuts have started under Ben Smith.
In my opinion, product wise (hard and soft), Ben Smith is not the grand savior many people thinks.
saraoutou likes this.
Satie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.