The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Completely agree on the chicken pancake, a really nice dish. The only dish so far that has bettered it IMHO is the smoked trout
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
I have to say, I was really impress on my CDG - DUB flight. Had a delicious mushroom and polenta dish (I wasnt expecting to like it), with some excellent cheeses and a fantastic chocolate cake. This, along with the incredibly friendly and pro-active purser, made me think that there has been a general improvement in Short-Haul J
Old Dec 25, 2023, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I presume the egg was cold?

In any case, disappointing. How is it possible that the Germans have better food than the French?
I don't believe Lufthansa gives better food than AF on intra Europe flights. Can you post some pictures of Lufthansa's "better food"?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AfterHour
I don't believe Lufthansa gives better food than AF on intra Europe flights. Can you post some pictures of Lufthansa's "better food"?
They do. LH varies by length of flights. If you are on a longer route you'll get a hot meal at least, which you won't on AF. On very short flights, it can vary from atrocious to pretty good. There are loads of pics of LH short and midhaul flights in the LH forum.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
What's with the lack of hot meals? Union contract, or AF just didn't want to fit ovens?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
What's with the lack of hot meals? Union contract, or AF just didn't want to fit ovens?
I seem to recall it was part of the agreement to reduce staffing levels in the cabin. Fewer cabin crew, no hot meals.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:07 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I seem to recall it was part of the agreement to reduce staffing levels in the cabin. Fewer cabin crew, no hot meals.
this is the French article. https://thetravelersclub.boardingare...ez-air-france/

it has nothing to do with ovens.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: FB Gold
Meanwhile in China, passengers in J and Y get a hot meal on a 1h10 cross-strait flight
KLBGO and maalloc like this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by AfterHour
I don't have any fresh LH pictures, there's plenty in corresponding forum. Cold is hit or miss, warm is better than AF almost by definition.

I do have a picture from OS from three weeks ago or so. Not the best OS meal I've had, but better than anything I could expect from KL on the route, or AF on a similar one.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I don't have any fresh LH pictures, there's plenty in corresponding forum. Cold is hit or miss, warm is better than AF almost by definition.

I do have a picture from OS from three weeks ago or so. Not the best OS meal I've had, but better than anything I could expect from KL on the route, or AF on a similar one.
I hope it tasted better than it looked . This looks like a sad mall cafeteria kids' menu
more4less and AfterHour like this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by maalloc
I hope it tasted better than it looked .
whilst food on lh varies in quality, food on os is almost invariably one of the best youll taste within Europe alongside tk and to a lesser extent a3.
Bullspread and maalloc like this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Lunch ex-CDG:

Polenta with mushrooms. Not a bad light meal.

tff and hhdl like this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold

Not too bad prawn pasta with dried-out and tasteless Cantal and Comt (vs. stuff offered in the CDG lounge and in flight a couple of weeks earlier). Vanilla cream puff was good not great.
tff and orbitmic like this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Polenta with mushrooms. Not a bad light meal.

"Just back from the dentist" special? I think I'd just be badly craving an apple after that gloop!!!
Solevita likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by maalloc
I hope it tasted better than it looked . This looks like a sad mall cafeteria kids' menu
I think it looks alright, in terms of size and presentation. As a menu item, it's not one I would have chosen, but it is quite Austrian. Taste wise it was excellent.
maalloc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.