The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:58 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by orbitmic
to be honest, ita has mostly turned out to be a copycat of its az predecessor, down to the same brands of juices and biscuits down the back…
TBH I liked the old one better. Small things, like bread and prosecco, but it's not quite as good as it used to be. (but that's true across the board so it's not like AZ is the only one to have gone downhill over the last 5 years)
Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by BA6948
wow!!! Amazing. Seems that AF FAs still know how to use an oven. This business class meal is appalling. Have you complained?
Extremely helpful as I will be on this in ten days. Will pack my own breakfast then! Thank you
chrisljo likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by SQPPS
Extremely helpful as I will be on this in ten days. Will pack my own breakfast then! Thank you
yes and please don’t forget to share here and you are not happy about the meal to share with cabin crew and customer service.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:41 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Yolow
Sure did
Just received 5,000 miles as a compensation, equivalent to 10pcs bitterballen at AMS Blue Bar...
BA6948, Porcepic and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Yolow
Just received 5,000 miles as a compensation, equivalent to 10pcs bitterballen at AMS Blue Bar...
Did they apologize and promise to improve things?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:05 am

CDG-TUN Departure18:45 Flight Time 2h07.

and this what AF thinks is a Business Class meal: Cold Quinoa, courgette and 4 (edit 5) pieces of mozzarella.

orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: FB Gold
Oh not the p***** quinoa again
orbitmic and BA6948 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
The worst is that product managers truly believe they have a great medium-haul catering. Pathetic.
orbitmic and BA6948 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I can only say I think people need to keep complaining. I know it sounds like it’s going nowhere but ultimately when complaints about an aspect of the product are in the thousands someone starts noticing. Whenever possible, id personally attach a J ticket confirmation of a trip booked with ba, lh or other competitor with a better c product or o show I’m “voting with my feet”.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I can only say I think people need to keep complaining. I know it sounds like it’s going nowhere but ultimately when complaints about an aspect of the product are in the thousands someone starts noticing. Whenever possible, id personally attach a J ticket confirmation of a trip booked with ba, lh or other competitor with a better c product or o show I’m “voting with my feet”.
I have complained already multiple times. I have sent them pictures of BA, A3, AY, IB, LX and OS meals and even their own meals on the shorthaul Caribbean routes. But it is always the same answer. Your answers will be forwarded to the right department. Today I told them I have booked 2 round trips with Aegean to Athens from CDG this summer because they know how to do business class. Told them their product is a waste of money. It is over for me forever. No more AF business class in Europe (except if it is a part of a longhaul trip). I won’t be paying for that crap!
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:21 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I have sent them pictures of BA, A3, AY, IB, LX and OS meals and even their own meals on the shorthaul Caribbean routes. But it is always the same answer. Your answers will be forwarded to the right department. Today I told them I have booked 2 round trips with Aegean to Athens from CDG this summer because they know how to do business class. !
]

don’t send pics of meals on A3, OS, and the likes let alone AF in the Caribbean - they know perfectly well what those are like. Instead follow your latest instinct and send copies of your A3 e-ticket. Of course you can’t do it on your own and I’m guilty here myself because so far I’ve just booked trips that would involve European C with the competition quietly instead of telling them) but I’ll try and remember to tell them next time and maybe if many of us do they’ll start taking notice of the missing income…
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CDG-TUN Departure18:45 Flight Time 2h07.

and this what AF thinks is a Business Class meal: Cold Quinoa, courgette and 4 (edit 5) pieces of mozzarella.

but you don’t seem to realize that you saved the world and the planet with this meal ?
maalloc likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For those cold trays they are serving now for a while, even if some are testing good, one criticism I have reported several times to the FA is that most of those meals contains only « soft ingredients » and there is nothing consistent. Purée of something, poached egg, etc. It’s all for les sans dents
tff, orbitmic, mlin32 and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
For those cold trays they are serving now for a while, even if some are testing good, one criticism I have reported several times to the FA is that most of those meals contains only « soft ingredients » and there is nothing consistent. Purée of something, poached egg, etc. It’s all for les sans dents
yes Servair seem struck in the mushy Nouvelle Cuisine trend of the 1980s - mousseline of whatever on a bed of mushy something else. Maybe AF just want to get rid of knives in the C cutlery set to save a bit more money…
Old Apr 13, 2024, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have complained already multiple times. I have sent them pictures of BA, A3, AY, IB, LX and OS meals and even their own meals on the shorthaul Caribbean routes. But it is always the same answer. Your answers will be forwarded to the right department
Well, what else do you expect, frankly? Comments from a customer on their own are never going to shift the dial. Consistently negative net promotion scores from a significant proportion of the customer base might do and, in that context, the narrative of customer complaints becomes relevant but no airline is going to change its product or engage meaningfully and substantially with individuals customer comments on the quality of catering.
hhdl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.