The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE

This cold fish plate served on CDG-NUE was the worst menu that i have recieved on a plane in a long time. 🙈 - if they only offered a second choice.
what is that 🤮🤮🤮🤮 complain. You’ll get 8k miles like I did with that infamous breakfast green mousse. This is outrageous!
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Oh that's just not right for AF........the only cold fish acceptable is real sushi.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

This cold fish plate served on CDG-NUE was the worst menu that i have recieved on a plane in a long time. 🙈 - if they only offered a second choice.
I had it last week to FCO and found it good, although I am not sure what was the red/orange thing.

And I had the chicken again on the return

Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by BA6948
what is that 🤮🤮🤮🤮 complain. You’ll get 8k miles like I did with that infamous breakfast green mousse. This is outrageous!
I complained but just got a "thank you for your valuable feedback ... we do our best to serve dishes that most of our passenger will appreciate ... i sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future" I bet they don't

no compensation miles awarded.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I had it last week to FCO and found it good, although I am not sure what was the red/orange thing.

And I had the chicken again on the return

never had the chicken but looks like the most decent proposition for short flights.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:31 am

Another review of AF Business Class within Europe. https://www.turningleftforless.com/r...les-de-gaulle/
Xandrios likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:36 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold

LIS-CDG
As others have mentioned before, totally unnaceptable.

AMS-CDG
I found it good quality and actually a great product for such a short route; bread was served warm. Even with a small C cabin, the PNC had to rush to serve everyone and they did a great job.

CDG-LIS
Very tasty, actually. The problem is that serving a cold meal without choice in a 2h30 block schedule flight is not competitive at all. TP serves a 3 course meal with 2 hot main options of chef quality in the same route.
BA6948 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by tff

LIS-CDG

AMS-CDG
I found it good quality and actually a great product for such a short route; bread was served warm. Even with a small C cabin, the PNC had to rush to serve everyone and they did a great job.

CDG-LIS
Very tasty, actually. The problem is that serving a cold meal without choice in a 2h30 block schedule flight is not competitive at all. TP serves a 3 course meal with 2 hot main options of chef quality in the same route.
Thanks for posting. Only the last meal looks somehow appetizing (for a very short flight). But yeah, it is getting more and more outrageous what AF and KL are offering in their business class in Europe. And their prices are rediculously high. Decided to go with Finnair to Helsinki instead of Air France just for this. I am fed up with AF at the moment.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Originally Posted by tff

LIS-CDG
I had the same dish on RAK-CDG earlier this month (again, no choice, and about 3:40 PM). Would agree that this is not competitive in any way shape or form. Thankfully there were options in CDG for the lounges!
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Just had that plate with goats cheese, sugar peas and mushrooms - the rest on the plate was undefinable - maybe lentils, but taseless.
I asked the flight attendant what that was supposed to be. Her cheeky answer was "Sorry, I don't know. I didn't prepare it" - but she promised to check on her tablet - but no meal info was loaded.
Wouldn't it be nice if AF told the flight attendants what they are serving?

She forgot to give us bread which made it even more inedible.

Anyway - from the five biz passengers the plates were returned almost untouched - what a shame.

The apple tart and the cheese was fine.

Old Nov 26, 2022, 10:19 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Had the same on the ATH route last week. Not impressed at all. Though, in all fairness, the Wanders box on the KLM CDG segment was even worse.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Had the same on the ATH route last week. Not impressed at all. Though, in all fairness, the Wanders box on the KLM CDG segment was even worse.
This is what Aegean is offering on the Paris Athens route this week. And to top it up A3 is now offering cocktails. This was a Negroni. No going back to AF in business unless they change their horrible offering.

Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I asked the flight attendant what that was supposed to be. Her cheeky answer was "Sorry, I don't know. I didn't prepare it" - but she promised to check on her tablet - but no meal info was loaded.
Wouldn't it be nice if AF told the flight attendants what they are serving?
Not just nice, but compliant with regulations on disclosing allergens.

https://sites.manchester.ac.uk/fooda...gen-labelling/

It is my interpretation that the above would be applicable to airlines serving food in the EU.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:46 am
Original Poster

It looks like there are only two plates for flights from late moring till night.

inbound to CDG - the letil purree with goats cheese, sugar pies, almonds and shitake mushrooms (had it on NUE-CDG and LHR)
outboud from CDG - the cold fish with rice noodle salad, red pepper sauce and marinated radish.(had it on CDG-LHR and CDG-NUE)

I asked again what that purree was - second flight attendant had no clue again - "I don't know, but I guess it is lentil purree" was the answer

one more comment - the lentils/goat cheese was also served on LHR-CDG - a 45 minute flight (with 11 rows of business). They had to take away the tray from my mother (not a quick eater) when she was not even half through the purree stuff, because they started the descent. Why don't they just serve a sandwich on such short routes?

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Nov 30, 2022 at 1:03 am
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:36 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It looks like there are only two plates for flights from late moring till night.

inbound to CDG - the letil purree with goats cheese, sugar pies, almonds and shitake mushrooms (had it on NUE-CDG and LHR)
outboud from CDG - the cold fish with rice noodle salad, red pepper sauce and marinated radish.(had it on CDG-LHR and CDG-NUE)
Same on my flights to/from BER

I asked again what that purree was - second flight attendant had no clue again - "I don't know, but I guess it is lentil purree" was the answer

one more comment - the lentils/goat cheese was also served on LHR-CDG - a 45 minute flight (with 11 rows of business). They had to take away the tray from my mother (not a quick eater) when she was not even half through the purree stuff, because they started the descent. Why don't they just serve a sandwich on such short routes?
While I can understand why you would prefer a sandwich for your mother, I am OK with this tray on short routes and would love to have it on domestic flights.
NickB, mlin32 and Bullspread like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.