The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This quinoa/bulgur is now everywhere due to the Greta friends...
Greta who, Thunberg?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I say it's time to serve up some stuff from the good old sud-ouest to counter this tasteless quinoa trend.

Fire up the ovens and churn out some magret du canard or cassoulet toulousain.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Greta who, Thunberg?
yes
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
CPH-CDG 20:25 flight

Main course was chicken breast, pasta salad with artichokes and an olive/tomato mix. Dessert was a raspberry cake.
It was very good, although the piece of chicken could have been bigger IMO. The dessert was particularly good.
And...no quinoa in sight .
JOUY31, mlin32, Arpoador and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Totally agree. This quinoa/bulgur is now everywhere due to the Greta friends and is the favorite meal (in its organic version) of the Parisians bobos of the Oberkampf district. I know : a lot of clichés here but not so far from the truth. I always found this tasteless and without interest and, unfortunately, AF kitchens seems to be invaded by the same bobos who wants to save the planet by serving quinoa in all dishes.
Given the choice of quinoa but normal cutlery or wanderbox with bamboo, I'll take the quinoa despite everything
lynxy, SkyteamEP and BA850 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Lancem504
April 5, CDG to PRG. I don’t fly Air France very often, but I was impressed with the Attendants and that there was food on a short flight (domestic US flights).

Morning breakfast from LHR. The Champagne was adéquate :-).
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Morning breakfast from LHR. The Champagne was adéquate :-).
These rolls are on air since almost 1 year 🙄
they are served on short, medium (breakfast) and long hauls (as 2nd meal before landing).

I cannot believe that Servair and AF cannot agree to vary the J offers …
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
OT - Aegean on AF ticket

I think AF should stop selling tickets with segments operated by Aegean, at least in C class, because the comparison is a little sad. I wish at least they had a codeshare.
I had a trip with two A3 segments in an A320neo, and the F&B were really way beyond anything I've ever seen in medium haul in Europe, even before the pandemic (though I started flying in C only 5-6 years ago).
Two hot meal choices for a 1h40m flight from ATH to LCA. In ATH, you can even choose a personalized meal before your trip.

This is what I've got for breakfast (inbound) and lunch (outbound).

Attaching the wine list and the beverage list as well. They had even proper espresso in a cup.

BA6948 and lynxy like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Andy82
I think AF should stop selling tickets with segments operated by Aegean, at least in C class, because the comparison is a little sad. I wish at least they had a codeshare.
I had a trip with two A3 segments in an A320neo, and the F&B were really way beyond anything I've ever seen in medium haul in Europe, even before the pandemic (though I started flying in C only 5-6 years ago).
Two hot meal choices for a 1h40m flight from ATH to LCA. In ATH, you can even choose a personalized meal before your trip.

This is what I've got for breakfast (inbound) and lunch (outbound).

Attaching the wine list and the beverage list as well. They had even proper espresso in a cup.

i have written my 3rd complaint to customer service attaching both AF and A3 meals for them to compare. The AF one was the infamous breakfast spinach mousse. Got a call back where I explained that they along with KLM have the worst business class meals in Europe now. They acknowledged that and admitted the spinach mousse was unappetizing. And they said they will escalate that to appropriate teams.
HalconBCN and Bullspread like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by BA6948
this must be the most offensive business class meal ever.
hey, it features the cook‘s favorite pineapples 😜
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948
And they said they will escalate that to appropriate teams.
I've also sent them a message about the meals. Specifically about the situation on longer European sectors, where the meals really should be hot and of larger quantity/quality than the meals on ultra short hops. They gave me 8K miles as compensation. Which...I guess is good, but, doesn't really help the meal situation. They did also say that this will be forwarded but I doubt this will have any effects on the short term. The current state of the catering is by choice and they must be well aware.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Let's keep up the pressure guys. They need to hear loud and clear that the cold, cheap meals are unacceptable and will force us to switch to other airlines that offer better
f0zzyNUE and BA6948 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Let's keep up the pressure guys. They need to hear loud and clear that the cold, cheap meals are unacceptable and will force us to switch to other airlines that offer better
Sounds good - we can file a complaint after every J flight. Sooner or later they will realise the pressure is growing.
BA6948 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:28 am
Original Poster

CPH-CDG 20:25 flight

Main course was chicken breast, pasta salad with artichokes and an olive/tomato mix. Dessert was a raspberry cake.
It was very good, although the piece of chicken could have been bigger IMO. The dessert was particularly good.
And...no quinoa in sight .
I had a piece of chicken that was hard to cut with the knife the dish would have been much better when served warm.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:45 am
Original Poster

This cold fish plate served on CDG-NUE was the worst menu that i have recieved on a plane in a long time. 🙈 - if they only offered a second choice.
TarquinMontague likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.