The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by JOUY31
While I can understand why you would prefer a sandwich for your mother, I am OK with this tray on short routes and would love to have it on domestic flights.
At least some catering variety would be desired - especially for the frequent flyers. LH might not be much better quality wise, but they have plenty of options being served on short haul routes so you won't get the same every time you are flying.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE

one more comment - the lentils/goat cheese was also served on LHR-CDG - a 45 minute flight (with 11 rows of business). They had to take away the tray from my mother (not a quick eater) when she was not even half through the purree stuff, because they started the descent. Why don't they just serve a sandwich on such short routes?
Again very lazy from Air France. BA serves a full English breakfast on the same route and most probably there are other choices as well... AF/KL are now officially the worst in Europe for intra Europe business class. Not worth bothering.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6948
AF/KL are now officially the worst in Europe for intra Europe business class. Not worth bothering.
officially? Now that is interesting. Can you enlighten us as to which official authority has made that statement or finding? Or has the personal opinion of some FTers now been elevated to the status of "official" authority?
Fabo.sk, Solevita and hhdl like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Just had that plate with goats cheese, sugar peas and mushrooms - the rest on the plate was undefinable - maybe lentils, but taseless.
This looks absolutely disgusting. I wish someone would require AF bosses to eat that every day. Even though I would never do it, part of me would fantasise about upsetting that tray...
BA6948 and Solevita like this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by NickB
officially? Now that is interesting. Can you enlighten us as to which official authority has made that statement or finding? Or has the personal opinion of some FTers now been elevated to the status of "official" authority?
my personal opinion. Whatís your problem?!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:18 pm

I complained but just got a "thank you for your valuable feedback ... we do our best to serve dishes that most of our passenger will appreciate ... i sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future" I bet they don't

no compensation miles awarded.
Seen somewhere that someone also got 5k miles. 🤷
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Letís beat the dead horse one more time!

AF1071 HEL-CDG A220. Flight time from gate to gate around three hours, this meal is not sufficient one for such a long flight. This flight was also delayed 2h on departure from HEL and to add insult to injury, I saw my connecting flight to LIN to push back when we got on our arrival gate at CDG 2F. So I got to enjoy one night in ParisÖ

AF1212 CDG-LIN A320. This savory pancake with turkey(?) filling was probably the best meal on my trip and more than enough for a one hour flight. I couldnít help but notice how tired the A320 seemed compared with factory fresh A220 on the previous segment.

AF1013 LIN-CDG A220. Not much to say except again enough for a short one hour hop.

AF1176 CDG-HEL A220. This same meal has been around for a long time and itís still not good enough for almost three hour flight.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6948
my personal opinion. What’s your problem?!
Exactly. It is merely a personal opinion and therefore, by definition, the very opposite of anything 'official'. Yet, you told us that this was "official", as if this was an established fact that had the stamp of approval of some kind of official authority rather than just merely your own personal opinion.
Solevita likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by NickB
The officials should officially get fed wanderboxes for a couple of days as an official punishment.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Is it true that AF A220 don't have ovens to heat up meals?

Someone on a facebook group explained the cold catering with the A220 not having ovens and to be consistent with catering all over the fleet they just serve cold stuff across the entire shorthaul fleet. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is it true that AF A220 don't have ovens to heat up meals?

Someone on a facebook group explained the cold catering with the A220 not having ovens and to be consistent with catering all over the fleet they just serve cold stuff across the entire shorthaul fleet. 🤷🏼‍♂️
yes, true . It's been discussed ad libitum.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. BA-Gold
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Letís beat the dead horse one more time!

AF1071 HEL-CDG A220. Flight time from gate to gate around three hours, this meal is not sufficient one for such a long flight. This flight was also delayed 2h on departure from HEL and to add insult to injury, I saw my connecting flight to LIN to push back when we got on our arrival gate at CDG 2F. So I got to enjoy one night in ParisÖ

AF1212 CDG-LIN A320. This savory pancake with turkey(?) filling was probably the best meal on my trip and more than enough for a one hour flight. I couldnít help but notice how tired the A320 seemed compared with factory fresh A220 on the previous segment.

AF1013 LIN-CDG A220. Not much to say except again enough for a short one hour hop.

AF1176 CDG-HEL A220. This same meal has been around for a long time and itís still not good enough for almost three hour flight.
I had the cold Lentil Dish on my A220 Flight from Lis to CDG last week and surprisingly I thought it was excellent!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Re: The ovens, the A220s do have them. I had warm bread served alongside the cold platter on a flight from WAW to CDG in September last year.

The Flight Attendant, however, explained that they arenít big enough to heat a full cabinís worth of meals (whether that means theyíre only fitted with one, Iím not sure).
Bullspread likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA850
Re: The ovens, the A220s do have them. I had warm bread served alongside the cold platter on a flight from WAW to CDG in September last year.

The Flight Attendant, however, explained that they arenít big enough to heat a full cabinís worth of meals (whether that means theyíre only fitted with one, Iím not sure).
as if the business cabin on these regional planes is half the plane ... still I never received warm bread - not even warm croissants the last times I flew AF in Europe. So they could at least heat the rubber bread.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
as if the business cabin on these regional planes is half the plane ... still I never received warm bread - not even warm croissants the last times I flew AF in Europe. So they could at least heat the rubber bread.
Given that the service ďstandardĒ on European flights is cold meals, I would imagine it depends entirely on whether the Flight Attendants choose to use it.

For the avoidance of any doubt; this is the oven. Apologies for the poor quality - had to zoom in and enhance a wider cabin photograph - but you can make out the green light, blue display screen and (just about) the oven handle.

As to your other point - no, the cabins rarely stretch to the overwing exits as BAís CE sometimes does (although that in itself might be a consequence of the productís lack of competitiveness), so perhaps the real reason for the continued cold offerings is management/union related.
f0zzyNUE likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.