Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by caribchakita
Do you think they might add BOS flights before Nov.? I'd almost rather drive home vs sit and wait. Anything fun to do in YUL. Might get a massage
They are unlikely to add flights but I would expect a schedule change this far out. It may end up in your favour it may make things worse.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
November is a long way out, chances are your arrangements will change one or more times again between now and then. Wait till you get closer in before doing anything, or worrying about it. Everything is still pretty dynamic these days.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:03 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Anything fun to do in YUL. Might get a massage
Others have already commented on the rest of your post, but if you do end up with those longer layovers, if you'd like ideas on things to do in Montreal, please consult the Canada forum. In fact, there's a recent thread from someone else looking for suggestions on what to do with a long YUL layover.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:02 am

Finally some definitive news on YVR-KIX but looks like we were a year off. The service is set to return in summer of 2023.

https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220622-acns23kix

Air Canada in Northern summer 2023 intends to resume Vancouver – Osaka Kansai service, based on preliminary schedule listing. For June 2023, the Star Alliance carrier tentatively files 4 weekly flights with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, effective 02JUN23.

AC023 YVR1310 – 1605+1KIX 788 x246
AC024 KIX1740 – 1105YVR 788 x357
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
We are flying BOS to MXP and chose AC as their PE fares were cheap. Our trip is in Nov. Flight times have changed many times but they then changed our dates which greatly impact our trip. We moved things around but now have 4 and 3 hour layovers in YUL. Do you think they might add BOS flights before Nov.? I'd almost rather drive home vs sit and wait. Anything fun to do in YUL. Might get a massage
Given the chaos at airports in many parts of the world and most certainly in Canada incl YUL, I think a 3-4 hr connection may be the minimum you would need though things might improve by Nov. Anything short of 3 hrs could result in a missed connection. As other posters have pointed out, you have to do US immig/customs in YUL on the way back to BOS.
EmailKid likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Grrrrr I had 3 of us booked (Aeroplan) on December 20th and they just cancelled it. Did this happen to anyone else over the holidays? Wondering if they bumped us out because of a genuine cancellation or if they want to oversell paid seats?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Grrrrr I had 3 of us booked (Aeroplan) on December 20th and they just cancelled it. Did this happen to anyone else over the holidays? Wondering if they bumped us out because of a genuine cancellation or if they want to oversell paid seats?
Hard to speculate without knowing what route you are referencing for the cancellation.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:51 pm

Unless they are no longer serving the route, they must have rebooked you on alternate flights.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Unless they are no longer serving the route, they must have rebooked you on alternate flights.
I've had numerous bookings where (for example) SFO-YYZ-YOW became SFO-YYZ. Or YYZ-YOW. Because the system was too stupid to do a full rebooking.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
I had posted into the thread about YYZ-HNL direct but I guess it was merged and that context was lost. Oddly this direct flight seems to be operating the week before, but then they cancelled it on the pre-Xmas run that was fully sold out in J? (My relatives were in paid J)
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:59 am

I had posted into the thread about YYZ-HNL direct but I guess it was merged and that context was lost. Oddly this direct flight seems to be operating the week before, but then they cancelled it on the pre-Xmas run that was fully sold out in J? (My relatives were in paid J)
Looks like it's down to 2x weekly: F, Su.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hey guys,

my sister is on AC326 YYC-YUL as she's moving to montreal this july, and it's a 77L red eye.

Something very weird happened to the flight. It was completely empty but now it is 0 everything, and not even showing up on AC.com to be able to purchase. I don't think it's sold out as the seat map shows no seats assigned, same as it was like last week. Any info on this?

J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 R0 O0 E0 A0 N0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 F0
Old Jun 25, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018-23
Based on that expert flyer is showing AC324 and AC326 are showing Zero seats on multiple days. The flights are probably being canceled or changing to new airplane. Canceled is the best guess.

I am seeing many schedule reductions to deal with lack of crews and planes being repositioned to longer international flights.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by The Macker
Based on that expert flyer is showing AC324 and AC326 are showing Zero seats on multiple days. The flights are probably being canceled or changing to new airplane. Canceled is the best guess.

I am seeing many schedule reductions to deal with lack of crews and planes being repositioned to longer international flights.
Frustrating but seems to be true. Funny how they haven't given notification yet of cancellation for the flights lol
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:29 pm

What happened to the YYZ-CVG direct flights?

I have a booking for YYZ-CVG return flights for the week of July 4. But when trying to book similar flights for the following weeks, they do not exist anymore? Did AC just cancel the route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.