Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, interesting.

I just noticed that the two YYZ-YVR flights right after mine on July 4 are also zeroed out. But mine isn't and still has a bunch of seats (and even R space) still available. So, it's certainly very selective.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:17 pm

I have a trip to Washington DC booked on July 15 but after stumbling on this forum, I decided to check Air Canada's website and all direct flights from YYZ to any DC airport (DCA, BWI, IAD) have disappeared! My booking hasn't been cancelled but now I'm really worried that both of my flights are going to get cancelled. Am I over reacting?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skiier97
Am I over reacting?
Yes
StuMcIlwain and ChrisA330 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:43 pm

I get a flight schedule change notice when I go to my bookings, but when I review my new flights there is no change. This is a booking on an international flight connecting to one of the zeroed out YYZ-YWG flights.

The changes take effect July 1st, so they have to sort things out in the next day or two.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Do we know if any of these zeroed out flights:

a) really will be cancelled?
b) have existing confirmed pax?

I'm not doubting the logic here, I'm just curious to see if there is consistent real-world data.
I have two AC126 flights booked on July 5th and August 2nd, no change notification yet.

Last edited by northerncoalminer; Jun 27, 2022 at 5:18 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:33 pm

We're flying from CVG to YYZ on July 30th and the app is telling us to review a flight change. The system, however, doesn't show us what the issue is, nor does it allow me to make a change. I did a bit of testing and from what I can see there are no direct flights from CVG to YYZ after July 1st.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jude Miller
We're flying from CVG to YYZ on July 30th and the app is telling us to review a flight change. The system, however, doesn't show us what the issue is, nor does it allow me to make a change. I did a bit of testing and from what I can see there are no direct flights from CVG to YYZ after July 1st.
Looks like you are seeing exactly what I am seeing for my reservation.

I'd give AC a few days and see what happens. They seem to have implemented the first half of a major schedule change, but they haven't implemented the second half yet.
Jude Miller likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:57 pm

Now, the 1hr33m direct flights are showing again for all of July. But when I go to view the booking, I get an error page with this message: "We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)." As you've said, maybe this will be sorted in a few days. I'm actually hoping for a cancelled flight, as we have a 19hr layover in Toronto that I'd love to lesson.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:59 pm

According to their published schedule that is effective June 30, my flights should still be happening. I looked at some other flights that a few of you have posted and they also appear in this schedule. I can't post the link to the PDF because I'm too new of a user but you can find it by just googling "Air Canada Flight Schedule" and downloading the PDF.

Something very weird is up. I can't imagine Air Canada would decide to take a large chunk of flights off their schedule so suddenly.

Last edited by skiier97; Jun 27, 2022 at 6:01 pm Reason: c
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by skiier97
Something very weird is up. I can't imagine Air Canada would decide to take a large chunk of flights off their schedule so suddenly.
I’d argue it’s one of the few things they can do right now to stop their operations from collapsing. Some might argue that hiring is the answer (which agree it is) but the effects of that would only be felt post summer.
rankourabu and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: hahaha
Woohoo seasonal YEG-CUN from mid-autumn on a 7M8

https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220628-acnw22cun
YEGAccountant and BML87 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Nice to see YEG get some love from AC!!
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:29 pm

Maybe the zeroed out flights are still operating, but not for sale to allow for misconnect recovery?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tracon
Maybe the zeroed out flights are still operating, but not for sale to allow for misconnect recovery?
If they were just holding something like J5 Y25, I'd buy that, but EVERY one of these flights is zeroed, regardless of actual load.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:26 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by canadiancow
a) No. But something's going on. They're not just suddenly stopping sales for no reason. Could be a downgauge, a consolidation, a cancellation, or anything else.
b) Yes. I'm one of them. Friday July 1 has 377 people booked between 743+745.

There won't be a notification until something actually happens (until then, there's nothing to notify).

I'm trying to book a return for the outbound, and I don't want to route through any connecting city, so with the two late non-stops zeroed out, I can't do anything.
Booked on AC740 and 743 myself for the long weekend. 743 just recently upgauged from A330 to a 772 for my date so I expect for the long weekend it will come back as it was, lot of pax.

Hope they come back in time for you to book.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Edit 2: I missed the fact that they seem to have zeroed out Y as well. Sigh. Guess one of them is getting cancelled or something. Not sure what they're going to do on the days where they have 80 more booked pax than a 333 can accommodate.
Perhaps they can switch to larger wide body than A330 as-necessary, consolidating the evening narrow + wide into a single wide body flight? I guess that would need to be 77W though, not sure if they'd have one.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jun 27, 2022 at 11:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.