Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

Please use this thread to discuss changes to AC’s schedule in 2022. This includes:
  • New or resumed routes
  • Cancelled or suspended routes
  • Changes in scheduled time of flights
  • Frequency changes, e.g. reduction in service
  • Equipment changes, e.g. scheduled upgauge from narrowbody to widebody

If you have a question about how your travel plans are impacted by an AC schedule change and what your options are, there is a thread dedicated to that purpose: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...q2-2021-a.html

Closed; superseded by 2023 thread
inkygirl likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 5, 2023 at 2:49 pm
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by After Burner
​​​​​​

This is disappointing but not surprising. YYZ-OGG flights (which I planned to use frequently) were removed from the schedule a few weeks ago. I was hoping that YYZ-HNL might remain as a somewhat helpful fallback. That turned out to be wishful thinking.

Maybe worth mentioning that both these routes are still showing as operating for the months of March and April. But I wouldn't bet on these not being cancelled as well.
Looks like the HNL-YYZ direct didn't go away after all. It's showing for sale again.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 3, 2022 at 11:18 am Reason: Clean-up after thread move
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
Looks like the HNL-YYZ direct didn't go away after all. It's showing for sale again.
Interesting ... thanks for posting. At first glance it appears that just some flights have been restored. Late January and the month of February seem to have limited coverage. Unfortunately the YYZ-OGG flights still seem to be cancelled. HNL-YYZ could be useful but YYZ-HNL isn't because the late scheduled arrival doesn't permit an interisland connection.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:25 am

Temporary suspension of AC Caribbean and Mexican flights

Just read this on caribbean.loopnews.com. They say it's effective January 31 for 90 days.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 3, 2022 at 10:35 am Reason: Add link
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
There goes my month working in Mexico - wish they could accommodate us on UA
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Lancelot
Just read this on caribbean.loopnews.com. They say it's effective January 31 for 90 days.
I'm skeptical that this is real. There's nothing on the AC website's press release section. There are no stories in Canadian media outlets that I've seen. And some of the language in the story you've cited is exactly the same as the announcement last year when they suspended Mexico/Caribbean service, as is the January 31 date and 90-day period. Last year, the January 31 suspension was announced with only a couple days' notice. So it seems quite unusual that this time they would give 4 weeks' notice.

I won't believe it until I see something from AC or another more credible source.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Is that corroborated anywhere else? It just doesn't sound right...
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I'm skeptical that this is real. There's nothing on the AC website's press release section. There are no stories in Canadian media outlets that I've seen. And some of the language in the story you've cited is exactly the same as the announcement last year when they suspended Mexico/Caribbean service, as is the January 31 date and 90-day period. Last year, the January 31 suspension was announced with only a couple days' notice. So it seems quite unusual that this time they would give 4 weeks' notice.

I won't believe it until I see something from AC or another more credible source.

Agreed, it seems to hokey to be only on this one web site. Surely we would have had scoop another way.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
This AC captain flies sun destinations. He is currently on a layover in Antigua. Given that he posts regularly, if the routes were suspended, I'd expect he'd say something.

https://twitter.com/flying_steve
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Article is INCORRECT. It is using a year old press release as reference for the shut down starting January 31. In 2021. AC suspended Caribbean operations as part of an agreement with the government. It seems this press release crept up again and was incorrectly used to create this article.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2021...gation-Efforts
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
AC pulled out of AUA for Feb....

There goes my vacation plans
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by lcohen999
AC pulled out of AUA for Feb....

There goes my vacation plans
SXM looks unbookable for Feb also.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:34 pm

AC just
that their report is in fact outdated!
YOWgary, TheCanuckian and asovse1 like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 4, 2022 at 12:43 am Reason: Add link
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:28 pm

It looks like YYZ-ZAG and OTP won't be coming back this year, contrary to previous announcements.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Apparently AC has suspended all its metal to HKG until early March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.