Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA:GOLD
Looks like LYS has been axed for the 23' summer season. What could be the reason - aircraft availability, low premium load?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by frausflyer
Looks like LYS has been axed for the 23' summer season. What could be the reason - aircraft availability, low premium load?
From dummy bookings I did, LYS was the only place with very empty J cabins for most of last summer (GVA was also that way on occasion, but far less often). You could get some crazy last minute points bookings.
Old May 7, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan
J class YYZ or YUL to BOG?

Hi there - I'm trying to find out whether Air Canada operates a full J class (flat seats) between either YYZ or YUL, to BOG, on any day of the week in the summer/fall. I can't seem to find one on their website, but a few people have told me they do operate one, seasonally and only on certain days. If that's the case, I can't figure out how to search for it. I've been having challenges reaching Air Canada on the phone to ask so thought this might be faster. Thank you!
Old May 7, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Most efficient way would be to run a Google Search with YYZ and YUL as origin, and BOG as destination, non-stop, searching for Premium Economy fares. Then, click the date and it'll show you which dates that's offered.

The point here isn't to buy a PE fare, but that search will filter out any aircraft without a PE cabin, and on this route that should cut out everything except AC widebodies.

Keep in mind that this far in advance, equipment changes are absolutely possible.
zappy312 likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: AC 75K
AC has scheduled the ex-SQ A330 on the YUL-BOG route, and on those they sell J as Premium Economy since it's not the pods.
Old May 7, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rowill64
Hi there - I'm trying to find out whether Air Canada operates a full J class (flat seats) between either YYZ or YUL, to BOG, on any day of the week in the summer/fall. I can't seem to find one on their website, but a few people have told me they do operate one, seasonally and only on certain days. If that's the case, I can't figure out how to search for it. I've been having challenges reaching Air Canada on the phone to ask so thought this might be faster. Thank you!
J service seems to end on the YYZ/YUL-BOG route on June 30th. As both of the ex SQ aircraft will be in the fleet at that point, it's anticipated there won't be J on this route unless there is an aircraft substitution.
Old May 7, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Hello

There is a thread here on which A330 AC uses on this route however I can't find it. it? I can tell you that since March of this year, I have flown this route three times all in J and on two different versions of the A330 all on cheap mileage runs. The first time was the updated lie flat hard product on just about all wide bodies now, four across in J on the A330. The second and third time was on the older lie flat configuration three across and that was on Aircraft C-GFAH or Fin 932. I have two more flights booked in the next four weeks and two of them are on the old TAP aircraft with a 2 X 2 X 2 configuration that AC sells as PY. So far from what I can tell, starting in May AC is going to the ex-TAP aircraft as when you are booking this route your option is only Y & PY so that is the ex-TAP configuration. If you see Y, PY & J then check the seat selection if it's three across or four across. If you do get the older configuration do not choose 4K as the plug-in does not work!

I think it was TP as I see some say SQ?

Hope this helps
Old May 7, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Hello

There is a thread here on which A330 AC uses on this route however I can't find it. it? I can tell you that since March of this year, I have flown this route three times all in J and on two different versions of the A330 all on cheap mileage runs. The first time was the updated lie flat hard product on just about all wide bodies now, four across in J on the A330. The second and third time was on the older lie flat configuration three across and that was on Aircraft C-GFAH or Fin 932. I have two more flights booked in the next four weeks and two of them are on the old TAP aircraft with a 2 X 2 X 2 configuration that AC sells as PY. So far from what I can tell, starting in May AC is going to the ex-TAP aircraft as when you are booking this route your option is only Y & PY so that is the ex-TAP configuration. If you see Y, PY & J then check the seat selection if it's three across or four across. If you do get the older configuration do not choose 4K as the plug-in does not work!

I think it was TP as I see some say SQ?

Hope this helps
The remaining FIN in the old XM configuration (1-1-1 in J) is actually FIN 931. The two aircraft coming into the fleet, FIN's 946 and 948, are with the old SQ angled J configured 2-2-2. These aircraft were never in service with TP (unlike some of the previous A330's that were).

There does appear to be J to the end of June, with only PY and Y for sale on dates after that.
Old May 7, 2023, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
The remaining FIN in the old XM configuration (1-1-1 in J) is actually FIN 931. The two aircraft coming into the fleet, FIN's 946 and 948, are with the old SQ angled J configured 2-2-2. These aircraft were never in service with TP (unlike some of the previous A330's that were).

There does appear to be J to the end of June, with only PY and Y for sale on dates after that.

Yes 931, my apologies, I am sitting in the YOW MLL at the moment, and I do not have access to my data to confirm. On my next BOG flight at the end of July, I actually booked in Y as I expect to be upgraded to the PY cabin on that ex SQ aircraft so I will have done all three variations during these past few weeks.
Old May 7, 2023, 3:19 pm

This has been extremely helpful, thank you all very much. I appreciate the speedy replies.
Old May 7, 2023, 3:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
If it's of any consolation, I realize it's not true J , but these seats being sold as PY are perfectly acceptable and comfortable for a flight that is 6 hours or less.

FYI - Planned Configuration is PY28/Y255

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; May 7, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Old May 7, 2023, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
If it's of any consolation, I realize it's not true J , but these seats being sold as PY are perfectly acceptable and comfortable for a flight that is 6 hours or less.

FYI - Planned Configuration is PY28/Y255
Yes, I agree, that's a fine consolation, PY is pretty good; but I'm planning to redeem a J-class YVR-UIO (Quito) ticket on Aeroplan points. The routing is YVR-YYZ-BOG-UIO. I can fly proper J from YVR to YYZ. The BOG-UIO segment is with Avianca in Y, but it's only an hour so it doesn't matter. The YYZ-BOG will have to be in PY, which is fine, but I have to redeem the ticket in J so it's a mixed cabin award. I'll be redeeming points for biz class flight, but can't get actual biz on the YYZ-BOG segment which is why I've been trying to figure out whether they (or someone) operates a proper biz class config. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2023, 3:45 pm

Yes, I agree, that's a fine consolation, PY is pretty good; but I'm planning to redeem a J-class YVR-UIO (Quito) ticket on Aeroplan points. The routing is YVR-YYZ-BOG-UIO. I can fly proper J from YVR to YYZ. The BOG-UIO segment is with Avianca in Y, but it's only an hour so it doesn't matter. The YYZ-BOG will have to be in PY, which is fine, but I have to redeem the ticket in J so it's a mixed cabin award. I'll be redeeming points for biz class flight, but can't get actual biz on the YYZ-BOG segment which is why I've been trying to figure out whether they (or someone) operates a proper biz class config. Thanks!
The challenge with BOG is that all the Star Alliance carriers that fly the route do so either with a narrow body (United, Copa), no J (AC), or a terrible in flight product (Avianca).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.