Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It should be pretty seamless. It will be the same terminal, and shouldn't be any immigration at LHR, maybe just re-clearing security.
LHR wasn't seamless connecting when I was there a week ago. Certainly not as bad as Pearson, but LHR doesn't seem to have the ability to totally avoid some form of a lineup when connecting international to international. There was a fairly long line for the security queue to make this kind of transfer (though not nearly as bad as the UK border).
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC, KL
BKK is exciting, but I need TPE back
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by BML87
BKK is is ridiculously expensive: YUL/YYZ -BKK RT J class using AC vi CDG or NRT hubs is pricing out $6000-$6400 at multiple OTAs (all AC flights or AC codeshare with TG).
AC prices the same itinerary at $9100 the RT from YVR is $7253. I will gladly take the transfer through ICN/NRT/ to save a few thousand $$.
It's smart that AC is adding routes to bypass the much hated China hub transfers, but the pricing isn't competitive.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
LHR wasn't seamless connecting when I was there a week ago. Certainly not as bad as Pearson, but LHR doesn't seem to have the ability to totally avoid some form of a lineup when connecting international to international. There was a fairly long line for the security queue to make this kind of transfer (though not nearly as bad as the UK border).
That's a problem at a lot of airports these days, and compared to the question I was responding to about dealing with a terminal switch, or other huge inconveniences like clearing UK immigration, even a "fairly long line" at security probably passes for "pretty seamless" these days.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BML87
I would think TPE will be back soon as quarantine (currently 3 days + test) is lifted. TPE govt suggests that they would remove all quarantine once their rates mirror other countries which may happen by next month. TPE currently allowing transit but most would not want to run that risk. I hope to visit in Oct assuming everything lefts by July/Aug and a business trip can actually be planned.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
BKK is is ridiculously expensive: YUL/YYZ -BKK RT J class using AC vi CDG or NRT hubs is pricing out $6000-$6400 at multiple OTAs (all AC flights or AC codeshare with TG).
AC prices the same itinerary at $9100 the RT from YVR is $7253. I will gladly take the transfer through ICN/NRT/ to save a few thousand $$.
It's smart that AC is adding routes to bypass the much hated China hub transfers, but the pricing isn't competitive.
AC must feel they can command the price they are asking. No question there is a huge demand to travel. Alan Joyce was interviewed yesterday and commented that Qantas is getting a huge premium because of the lack of capacity and it is more than making up for fuel prices. Whether the route returns the following year will likely provide a sense of whether AC sees the route as sustainable. AC may feel they have an aircraft available this northern winter and now is a good time to try out the route.
ridefar and TheCanuckian like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Super cool for those of us living in London:

https://liveandletsfly.com/air-canad...london-mumbai/
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
The changes to YVR-ZRH seem to have been implemented. My upgraded flight in October has now been rerouted through YYZ. The last YVR-ZRH I could find was on Sept. 10th.
My ZRH-YVR-ZRH was cancelled like all others . . but . . here I am more than 4 weeks later and I do not have replacement flights YVR-ZRH confirmed due to route controller not approving any upgrades - despite my total flexibility to change dates / routing . . but with the only stipulation - I don't get routed via YYZ/YUL (as the west coast departure times are too early for my schedule). I am SE and this is full-LAT fare.

Frankly- concierge and AC have totally messed up on this one. Now - we are never entitled to the upgrades but I think there is an expectation that if a route is canceled, that reasonable attempts to accommodate previously confirmed upgrades would be made. What is most frustrating is that now I have spent already close to 6-8 hours on hold (SE lines) talking with people, talking with Concierge - and basically being told to take a refund if I don't like it.

I am not asking for much - I am not even asking for a very specific individual flight - I am fine to take flights (about 10 options over 2 days of departure times). I am ranting a bit but never ever have I had any issue getting these replaced. Every cancellation I have had (and being in Zurich - I can tell you there are many and almost every year) - that the upgrade was always accommodated if that was a reasonable request (i.e. J is 50% full).

Hoping to get this sorted in next week but tired of spending countless hours on this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
My ZRH-YVR-ZRH was cancelled like all others . . but . . here I am more than 4 weeks later and I do not have replacement flights YVR-ZRH confirmed due to route controller not approving any upgrades - despite my total flexibility to change dates / routing . . but with the only stipulation - I don't get routed via YYZ/YUL (as the west coast departure times are too early for my schedule). I am SE and this is full-LAT fare.

Frankly- concierge and AC have totally messed up on this one. Now - we are never entitled to the upgrades but I think there is an expectation that if a route is canceled, that reasonable attempts to accommodate previously confirmed upgrades would be made. What is most frustrating is that now I have spent already close to 6-8 hours on hold (SE lines) talking with people, talking with Concierge - and basically being told to take a refund if I don't like it.

I am not asking for much - I am not even asking for a very specific individual flight - I am fine to take flights (about 10 options over 2 days of departure times). I am ranting a bit but never ever have I had any issue getting these replaced. Every cancellation I have had (and being in Zurich - I can tell you there are many and almost every year) - that the upgrade was always accommodated if that was a reasonable request (i.e. J is 50% full).

Hoping to get this sorted in next week but tired of spending countless hours on this.
While I don’t disagree with any of the argument, transatlantic J is really full into the fall.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: hahaha
YVR-KIX from next June

https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220622-acns23kix

From the successor of the airlineroute website that I think was previously considered reliable and cited often on the previous version of this thread
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:35 pm

From the above website, YVR-HKG planned to go nonstop fromSept 7.

https://aeroroutes.com/eng/220622-acsep22hkg
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: hahaha
Oh man, HKG-YVR reverting to a 9am departure broke my inbound connections. That really sucks
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by asovse1
From the successor of the airlineroute website that I think was previously considered reliable and cited often on the previous version of this thread
Appears that way: all posts by Jim Liu, just like Routesonlie and of course its successor.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: UA, JB, AA, DL
Massive layovers

We are flying BOS to MXP and chose AC as their PE fares were cheap. Our trip is in Nov. Flight times have changed many times but they then changed our dates which greatly impact our trip. We moved things around but now have 4 and 3 hour layovers in YUL. Do you think they might add BOS flights before Nov.? I'd almost rather drive home vs sit and wait. Anything fun to do in YUL. Might get a massage
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by caribchakita
We are flying BOS to MXP and chose AC as their PE fares were cheap. Our trip is in Nov. Flight times have changed many times but they then changed our dates which greatly impact our trip. We moved things around but now have 4 and 3 hour layovers in YUL. Do you think they might add BOS flights before Nov.? I'd almost rather drive home vs sit and wait. Anything fun to do in YUL. Might get a massage
The layovers are long but not massive. You will need to clear Canadian immigration on the outbound and USA immigration on the return. Depending on the time of day, this can be lengthy. Also, BOS-YUL may not be on time. Anecdotally, yesterday’s flights were over 2 hours delayed.
vernonc and Adam Smith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.