Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 1:14 am

I would like to see some international destinations restart to/from Ottawa (YOW), in particular, the direct flights to/from London (LHR) and Frankfurt (FRA).
WesternCDN and Cas23 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
It appears that AC just made some more major changes to their fall/winter schedule in the Caribbean, affecting a lot of AC Vacations customers and others, like me, that had book an all-inclusive.

My flights to/from GGT in early November were cancelled today. The flights now start a week later and are down to just 1 day/week. Trying to reschedule my all-inclusive, but most dates sold out, or are much more expensive!!! grrrrr

Travel agent friend figures she can find something but says she is swamped as AC has changed or cancelled a significant number of flights to/from Caribbean and it unless you booked a full package from AC Vacations you are at the mercy of the resorts regarding rebooking!
SuperCargo likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Lots of changes for November/December/January loaded this morning.... was waiting on some Aeroplan tickets for free cancel
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Domestic leg in November moved back by a coiple of hours this morning also. Fine with us...
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:31 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah Canadian Cow's tool keeps popping up alerts for me. Mostly very small things though.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Yup I was waiting for this- We were booked YYC-YVR-OGG-YVR-YYC Nov 27-Dec 8 on afternoon departure getting into Maui at 10 p.m.
I was waiting for the early a.m from YVR to be loaded which gets in at 1 p.m (which it was today). I was also hoping for the YVR flights to be upgauged
to a 789 to try for an upgrade to PY. No such luck. Its still 7M8. The direct flight YYC-OGG not loaded yet but Im 100% sure they will be 7M8. I will wait & hope for the 789 although I recall the afternoon flights were the ones operated with the 789 last year.
Not surprising- they moved our YVR-OGG booking from the afternoon flight (which has now disappeared) to the a.m. flight but kept us on the YYC-YVR which gets in
to YVR at 3:30 p.m That would be a neat trick! I will just wait until the dust settles then call in if needed. AC IT strikes again!!
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Does anyone know if AC uses any other plane besides the old A321 for PHX-YYZ non stop? Will be my first time flying it next month and was wondering if anyone has flown anything other than an A321. Would much rather fly Max 8...

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 3, 2022 at 10:24 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Jun 3, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Does anyone know if AC uses any other plane besides the old A321 for PHX-YYZ non stop? Will be my first time flying it next month and was wondering if anyone has flown anything other than an A321. Would much rather fly Max 8...
it doesn’t appear so, and it moves to rouge later this year. The oldest rouge A321 is 7 years, and the mainline A321s aren’t that old.

I’d take an ‘old’ A32x over a 7M8 any day of the week.
YYC3722 likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 3, 2022 at 10:24 pm Reason: Edit quoted post
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by SKYEG
You will find that statement very unpopular 'round these parts.

The A321 may be old but it is comfortable (in Y) wifi works and is just an old reliable bird. Give me the A321 any day of the week
Bohemian1, YYC3722 and kenlor like this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jun 3, 2022 at 10:24 pm Reason: Edit quoted post
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:06 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
Funny how fast people went from actively avoiding the MAX to actively wanting it.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by muskoka
Not surprising- they moved our YVR-OGG booking from the afternoon flight (which has now disappeared) to the a.m. flight but kept us on the YYC-YVR which gets in
to YVR at 3:30 p.m That would be a neat trick! I will just wait until the dust settles then call in if needed. AC IT strikes again!!
My outbounds remain cancelled but the inbounds from GGT were auto rescheduled to GGT-YYZ on Sunday and YYZ-YHZ the day before....
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
YOW's "leisure" schedule moved from mainlines A320 to Rouge's A319, impacting destinations such as MCO, FLL, CUN and probably a few more. Not surprising, but YOW had been one of the last mainline holdout (with YHZ) for these destinations. I see that they are attempting to schedule a few WB mainline flights to MCO and FLL (A330) next winter. They scheduled it that way last winter, only to revert to Rouge. FLL is scheduled to be 100% mainline from YYZ... MCO 50/50
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
My CUN trip in December just got upped from a 330 to a 777

Times didn't change

AUA was adjusted by 5 minutes
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: hahaha
https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ys-2022-06-04/

Currently, the routes between Canada and the Asia-Pacific run at 30% of the 2019 capacity, but the capacity is expected to double by the end of December,
Not sure if this alludes to other restoration of routes by December (TPE, please)
Unfortunately, I think the reference to capacity being doubled is due to the TPAC routes I'm following are having their frequencies upped for the latter half of the year. hope i'm wrong and that there could be a closer-in schedule change that greatly increases service

maybe someone following Asia routes a bit closer is more informed than me to clarify or even guess?

The airline is also considering adding flights to a new destination in the Asia-Pacific in the near future to cater for pent-up demand in leisure travel, she said.

"Probably we'll make a decision within a month or so," Weiss said, without providing further details.
hopefully that's the KIX route that was rumoured earlier upthread, my trigger finger is itchy for that one
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Angry

Originally Posted by lcohen999
My CUN trip in December just got upped from a 330 to a 777

Times didn't change

AUA was adjusted by 5 minutes
My CUN round trip on June 16-21 was downgraded from a A330 to a 321 around march.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.