Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Seems odd (for a business) to do it randomly, rather than just cancelling the cheapest tickets.
They didn't specify the distribution they plan to use to make the random selection.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Edit to add - it appears the maximum load is 40%...it was previously 75%.
Were there any flights that had load factors above 40% on that route?

And capped at 40% of what?
Couldn't a 450 seater be added to carry more people?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
My flight from ICN to YYZ kept changing and from about 7 hours in transit now it has gone to over 9 hours. Any idea what is happening to this flight? I know the Russian Airspace is a problem but why do they keep delaying the departure out of ICN?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Davvidd
My flight from ICN to YYZ kept changing and from about 7 hours in transit now it has gone to over 9 hours. Any idea what is happening to this flight? I know the Russian Airspace is a problem but why do they keep delaying the departure out of ICN?
Because th incoming flight takes longer too presumably?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by Stranger
Because th incoming flight takes longer too presumably?
yes I understand that but why do they keep changing it more than once? One would think the flight Schedule or their Ops department would know that when they do the flight planning?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Westjet Gold, Skymiles, Alaska MP, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Amex MR
An Unpleasant Surprise - Domestic Rouge is Back

After AC pulled Rouge off domestic routes, I thought the days of getting rouged were over, but AC just switched the YLW-YYZ route from mainline to Rouge. I can't find any announcement of this, but my flight in May is still mainline, but by next one in June is now Rouge. Of course, I paid mainline prices for the flight, so I'm pretty annoyed.

Is there any official announcements on schedule updates for re-introducing Rouge on domestic routes? I can't find any
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by davesmunroe
After AC pulled Rouge off domestic routes, I thought the days of getting rouged were over, but AC just switched the YLW-YYZ route from mainline to Rouge. I can't find any announcement of this, but my flight in May is still mainline, but by next one in June is now Rouge. Of course, I paid mainline prices for the flight, so I'm pretty annoyed.

Is there any official announcements on schedule updates for re-introducing Rouge on domestic routes? I can't find any

Nooooooooooooo!

When CBC talked about Lynx, Flair Air they also showed Rouge as a discount carrier, HOWEVER, they are no cheaper than the mainland.....Cheaper for AC to operate but what value for the flying customer?
tecate55 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by davesmunroe

I’m not really sure what you mean by “mainline” prices. Rouge is not unbundled and the fare classes are the same as AC. AC uses yield management to set prices. You’ll likely pay a lower price going to Europe in economy then some of the domestic routes with few flights and less competition. And with the reconfigured A321’s economy pitch isn’t that different. It could be argued that Rouge economy on the A321’s is more comfortable than a mainline Max. I really struggle to understand this argument about mainline versus Rouge. Unless you’re flying intercontinental J (which Rouge never had anyway) the difference is really negligible. It’s likely why AC is not sure what to do with Rouge.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Unpleasant surprise? I would consider a switch to rouge from a mainline narrow body to be, at worst, neutral. If we're talking about rouge being substituted for a mainline MAX 8 or A220 then I'd welcome that switch.
canadiancow and EdmFlyBoi like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
This is an interesting one:

Due to restrictions imposed by the Chinese government, we are required to reduce the number of passengers permitted on our flights to China for the month of April. To address these limitations, we are randomly selecting passengers and canceling their itinerary.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...hanghai.html#/

Edit to add - it appears the maximum load is 40%...it was previously 75%.
Too stupid to believe...so they have changed the announcement to remove the word 'random'.
Quite an airline.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Too stupid to believe...so they have changed the announcement to remove the word 'random'.
Quite an airline.
Arguably there might be better criteria than random selection though...

To start with, they could cancel lowest fares, preserving say business class, PY, latitude. Etc.

Would that be unfair?
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by After Burner
Unpleasant surprise? I would consider a switch to rouge from a mainline narrow body to be, at worst, neutral. If we're talking about rouge being substituted for a mainline MAX 8 or A220 then I'd welcome that switch.
I like the seat back Entertainment and more professional look of mainline plus I don’t fit on rouge due to 29” pitch. The ONLY advantage of rouge is if you fly Int’l Premium Econ and have a domestic rouge connection you get to sit in Premium Rouge (de facto domestic J) whereas on mainline domestic you’d be in Y!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Anyone know when AC will resume flights to AUA from YYZ?

Does anyone know when AC will resume flights to AUA from YYZ?
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:25 pm

AC has flights for sale Saturday's in December.
Feel free to check for earlier dates.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Right now I see AUA resumes on Oct30 with Mon, Wed and Sat service. Then starting Dec18 add Tues and Thurs as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.