Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:58 am

Question Reinstatement of daylight flight to London?

According to the latest AC schedules, there is no longer a flight leaving in the morning from YYZ arriving in LHR in the evening (same day). This was always a popular flight. Has anyone heard any rumours about it being reinstated? All three evening flights appear on the schedule.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: AC 75K
The 9pm arrival slot into LHR has been allocated to YHZ-LHR for the summer. Unclear if that timing will continue for the winter season.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:36 am

Any idea why Halifax over Toronto or Montreal?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Probably because it’s such a short flight it makes more sense as a daytime than an overnight flight.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:04 pm

Air Canada Instead of Rouge to Florida. What Happened ?

Just got back from Florida . No sign of Covid . Anyhow I flew Yul to FLL and was pleasantly surprised to be flying A/C instead of Rouge . Seem to remember my last 3 trip to Florida were on Rouge . Much more knee room in Air Canada economy . Other differences but that was the important one . So what happened . Is Rouge out ?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Mods, I was sure this was posted. If it was, feel free to delete or merge to the relevant thread.

Speaking of which, while doing a search, I found these ancient threads:
2005 LHR Slots
2006 AC picks up LHR slot from UA who drops NYC route
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Eqpt change yyz/edi/yyz to b787-8

I received an email from AC around 12 hours ago advising a seat (& row) change on AC807 EDI/YYZ for a booked flight in Oct 22.:- Cabin: N-Premium Economy 1D changed to 12C. On further investigation the service is now showing an Op by a Boeing 787-8 in lieu of a 737-max. On yet further investigation with the help of Expert Flyer their timetable displays a Max, however when checking availability on days over the coming summer season, taken at random, the 787-8 comes up with seats in J cabin for sale. YYZ/MAN/YYZ appears similar!
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by 24left
https://twitter.com/LondonAirTravel/...Cy3YaB4M0pAAAA

Mods, I was sure this was posted. If it was, feel free to delete or merge to the relevant thread.

Speaking of which, while doing a search, I found these ancient threads:
2005 LHR Slots
2006 AC picks up LHR slot from UA who drops NYC route
So a total of 3 daily flights. More interesting info here https://www.acl-uk.org/completed-slot-trades/ where there are hand written notes containing details of what the slots were originally used for and what they'll be used for with the new airlines.

The arrival slots being leased were previously used for: YHZ, YOW, & YYZ (the ~10am arrival)

Last edited by ChrisA330; Mar 11, 2022 at 6:36 am
Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
The arrival slots being leased were previously used for: YHZ, YOW, & YYZ (the ~10am arrival)
A quick check shows that the double daily flight from YUL (which is where the YOW slot originally went) is not happening. Maybe there is hope that YOW will eventually get its slot back, maybe next year?
quaningeneva likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There are 2 YUL-LHR flights starting in June. I am booked on the 10:05pm service on June 2.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
There are 2 YUL-LHR flights starting in June. I am booked on the 10:05pm service on June 2.
Not sure what I thought I saw last night, but yes, the 2 YUL-LHR flights are there.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Hope the late flight sticks to facilitate my tour de lounges of the Air France and Int’l MLL
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, and others.
YYC to HNL August 2022

I am planning YYC to HNL in August 2022, it appears the flights are currently mainline YYC-YVR-HNL, what is the chance this will become Rouge? Should I rather book YYC-SFO-HNL to fly United? Cash, not points and this 6'2" guy and 6'6" son do not want to get canned in to a Rouge flight, which I have thus far avoided in all my flights. My wife flew Rouge a few years back to Florida and claimed I would have complained the whole way.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:40 am

Unlikely. Rouge no longer has aircraft that are capable of flying to Hawaii. That being said, AC currently has the 7M8 scheduled which arguably isn't any better.
BigFKahuna likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Unlikely. Rouge no longer has aircraft that are capable of flying to Hawaii. That being said, AC currently has the 7M8 scheduled which arguably isn't any better.
You can also fly through YVR on the 787-8/9

I have been going to HNL for the past two months and I rather fly through YVR if you upgrade, the lie-flat seats are much better since the flight leaves at 22:00. Last week I did the HNL-YYC on the max that leaves at 21:45 and I prefer the lie-down seats for an overnight flight. This flight only had 20 onboard, 8 in J so we were all able to spread out.

the Control for random testing upon arrival in YYC is easier to bypass as there is less supervision and you can bypass. In YVR the distance from leaving customs to the testing area is much shorter
BigFKahuna likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.