Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:48 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
For a short period of time, AC ran YYZ-EZE nonstop. Are the loads to EZE not sufficient to support a nonstop flight?
​​​​​When AC ran the EZE nonstop, it was overnight YYZ-EZE and day light EZE-YYZ as opposed to overnight both ways for GRU. I'd imagine the flight was probably not profitable enough to have a plane sit in EZE all day and the return flight arrived pretty late meant limited connection opportunities.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:40 pm

Metal Change

How common is it for the aircraft to keep changing before departure. Yyz-yvr booked in March for a May trip. Started out as a airbus a330-300, switched to a 777-300 with a smaller J cabin. Now switched to the second layout of the 777-300 with 2 J class cabins. Just wondering if i should expect it to keep changing. Only wondering because I have had to move our seats each time to sit in economy in a 2-4-2 area of the plane
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
It's usually stable about one week out. That said I just booked a 789 for tomorrow YYC-YVR. The AC app shows a 789, but expertflyer shows a 7M8. I assume that means it recently changed (like today it changed, one day before departure).
canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
It's usually stable about one week out. That said I just booked a 789 for tomorrow YYC-YVR. The AC app shows a 789, but expertflyer shows a 7M8. I assume that means it recently changed (like today it changed, one day before departure).
is the AC app the most up to date info?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K / ALL Diamond
Can confirm that it is in fact a 789. Was on this plane inbound from LHR a couple hours ago, went into Calgary for dinner, and am back onboard going home to YVR.

I suspect the AC app is more likely to be correct as it pertains to equipment.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by acrooksie
Can confirm that it is in fact a 789. Was on this plane inbound from LHR a couple hours ago, went into Calgary for dinner, and am back onboard going home to YVR.

I suspect the AC app is more likely to be correct as it pertains to equipment.
Pleasure flying with you. That would be an almost met scenario. I was in 6K. She's on her way to YYZ next, I'm heading home to YYJ.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K / ALL Diamond
Pleasure flying with you. That would be an almost met scenario. I was in 6K. She's on her way to YYZ next, I'm heading home to YYJ.
8A for me so a near miss indeed - safe travels.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
For a short period of time, AC ran YYZ-EZE nonstop. Are the loads to EZE not sufficient to support a nonstop flight?
The last time around the launching of the flight coincided with one of the many economic downturns in Argentina. Loads as a result were weak. Timing is everything and hopefully flight 094/095 will return in the future. The return flight was a daylight flight and a very very long day.

Originally Posted by Stranger
I was indeed able to book AC to MXP later this fall.
Shifting from YYZ to YUL and planned for year-round service. Another interesting route is YYZ-EDI (in favour of GLA) which has been upgauged from the 737 MAX to the 788, presumably on strong advance bookings.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 11, 2022 at 11:22 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:21 am

Apologies if this is not the right thread but I'm wondering how soon AC will update the seat map for a flight? I booked a flight in J on AC105 in May and recently the flight swapped from a 77W to a 333. The seat map is currently showing the refurbished cabin but how likely/how soon will I know if AC ends up putting a non-refurbished 333 on this flight?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by czmuac
Apologies if this is not the right thread but I'm wondering how soon AC will update the seat map for a flight? I booked a flight in J on AC105 in May and recently the flight swapped from a 77W to a 333. The seat map is currently showing the refurbished cabin but how likely/how soon will I know if AC ends up putting a non-refurbished 333 on this flight?
With this being your first post, welcome to FT

AC could sub in a plane with the old cabin the day of your flight, or any time before that. If you want as real-time a notification as possible, ExpertFlyer has an aircraft change alert that would tell you as soon as the seat map changed.
kalderlake and czmuac like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AC 75K
This is an interesting one:

Due to restrictions imposed by the Chinese government, we are required to reduce the number of passengers permitted on our flights to China for the month of April. To address these limitations, we are randomly selecting passengers and canceling their itinerary.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...hanghai.html#/

Edit to add - it appears the maximum load is 40%...it was previously 75%.

Last edited by ChrisA330; Apr 12, 2022 at 8:19 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Seems odd (for a business) to do it randomly, rather than just cancelling the cheapest tickets.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Seems odd (for a business) to do it randomly, rather than just cancelling the cheapest tickets.
Agreed. It seems crazy to cancel a SE on a refundable J ticket ahead of a casual traveler on a basic rewards ticket. I wonder if the process isn't actually perfectly random.

This is also interesting: "Alternatively, you can also convert your ticket to an Air Canada Travel Voucher." I guess that's not all that unusual for AC, but if they randomly cancel you, you get a voucher, not a refund (if you don't wish to rebook).
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Perhaps what they actually mean by “random”.
bcnfish and canadiancow like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Agreed. It seems crazy to cancel a SE on a refundable J ticket ahead of a casual traveler on a basic rewards ticket. I wonder if the process isn't actually perfectly random.

This is also interesting: "Alternatively, you can also convert your ticket to an Air Canada Travel Voucher." I guess that's not all that unusual for AC, but if they randomly cancel you, you get a voucher, not a refund (if you don't wish to rebook).
Yeah, if they cancel my booking, I'm getting a refund. Seems a little odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.