Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
You can also fly through YVR on the 787-8/9
The are no 787s in the schedule nor any non-stop YYC-HNL flights for August when the OP is looking to fly.
BigFKahuna likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
The are no 787s in the schedule nor any non-stop YYC-HNL flights for August when the OP is looking to fly.
This is what happens when you assume ! I have five YOW-HNL flights booked between January & April.......I guess I will need to see what will be available during the summer. For some reason, Hawaii is reasonable and I think, good value to visit and I stayed on AC metal, although UA can be a little cheaper through SFO/LAX.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:22 am

SYD going daily, BNE and AKL starting later this year.
  • Vancouver-Sydney flights ramp up to daily beginning May 1
  • Vancouver-Brisbane flights resume Jul. 1, four times weekly
  • Vancouver-Auckland flights resume Nov. 10, three times weekly
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2022...acific-Network
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC SE
It looks like the YYZ-Budapest seasonal service for this summer has been scrapped. It was planned to start May 3.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Anyone know if AC is planning direct flights to SJD in the summer ? Right now all I see is connections via US or Mex. Trying to decide between PUJ and SJD but the SJD fare are expensive and flights are inconvenient.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:14 am

90% capacity is roughly the same as 100% non Asia flying.

https://canadianaviationnews.wordpre...tion-industry/

Michael Rousseau, the chief executive officer of Air Canada, said Canada’s largest airline plans to operate at 90 per cent of its prepandemic capacity this summer, restoring routes cut during the pandemic and flying to 33 international destinations.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:07 am

AC was briefly showing 3x daily YOW-EWR beginning in May. Looks like they've totally scrapped their EWR flights out of YOW and had UA take them over instead.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:48 am

I'd like to know if Air Canada will restore YUL-CUR for the holidays. Where is the best place to monitor (or get notified) so I can snag the cheapest seats from the cheapest buckets as soon as it is restored ?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Comments from today's Investor Day presentation via Montreal Gazette

QUOTE:

"Demand for air travel will undoubtedly benefit from the arrival of about 500,000 immigrants to Canada over the next few years, said Mark Galardo, senior vice-president of network planning and revenue management. Immigration is a major driver for the so-called VFR market, an acronym that stands for “visiting friends and relatives.”“The role of immigration into Canada is an important aspect of shaping Air Canada’s current and future long-haul network,” he said.

India and Africa represent two key sources of anticipated growth. Since Africa is “relatively underserved” from Canada, the carrier is “actively reviewing various sub-Saharan market opportunities,” Galardo said. Air Canada is also looking at Southeast Asia for further network expansion, he said without providing specifics."

"Southeast Asia" could mean more than one destination but AC has been sniffing at SIN for years (to get at that lucrative cargo sitting in the Straits...I was told a few years back). I'll assume watching that lovely SQ A359 currently flying in and out of YVR must be getting AC's attention.

Full article

https://montrealgazette.com/business...nsion-strategy
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
Comments from today's Investor Day presentation via Montreal Gazette

QUOTE:

"Demand for air travel will undoubtedly benefit from the arrival of about 500,000 immigrants to Canada over the next few years, said Mark Galardo, senior vice-president of network planning and revenue management. Immigration is a major driver for the so-called VFR market, an acronym that stands for “visiting friends and relatives.”“The role of immigration into Canada is an important aspect of shaping Air Canada’s current and future long-haul network,” he said.

India and Africa represent two key sources of anticipated growth. Since Africa is “relatively underserved” from Canada, the carrier is “actively reviewing various sub-Saharan market opportunities,” Galardo said. Air Canada is also looking at Southeast Asia for further network expansion, he said without providing specifics."

"Southeast Asia" could mean more than one destination but AC has been sniffing at SIN for years (to get at that lucrative cargo sitting in the Straits...I was told a few years back). I'll assume watching that lovely SQ A359 currently flying in and out of YVR must be getting AC's attention.

Full article

https://montrealgazette.com/business...nsion-strategy
Can AC and the two govts get their act together and resume YYZ-BOM ? Not everyone wants to transit in DEL. Plus if they do not hurry up Vistara or AI will join the ME carriers with decent BOM flights. I am not sure if a BOM route would be impacted (longer flying times) by the Ukraine war.
folkart likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Looking at the route map on page 35 of the Investor Day presentation, assuming the red lines for "potential new destinations" are accurate, I see SIN, ARN, KEF, IST, HYD plus what looks like LOS, DSS, along with a few other routes to Europe. Other can confirm or correct.

On the black line for current routes down under, I see BNE and SYD, plus AKL. No MEL.
folkart likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Looking at the route map on page 35 of the Investor Day presentation, assuming the red lines for "potential new destinations" are accurate, I see SIN, ARN, KEF, IST, HYD plus what looks like LOS, DSS, along with a few other routes to Europe. Other can confirm or correct.

On the black line for current routes down under, I see BNE and SYD, plus AKL. No MEL.
Would really like for YMML to come back. Was so convenient to land, shower at the airport, and go to the office.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K / ALL Diamond
Summer YVR-LHR flights

I noticed that AC is bringing back 2x nonstop YVR-LHR flights per day

They're keeping the existing YVR-LHR @ ~1830 + LHR-YVR @ ~1130 option, and adding a new YVR-LHR @ 2000 and LHR-YVR @ ~1600.

I'm left a bit confused as to why they've decided on these particular times. The +2 hour departure from YVR doesn't really offer a meaningfully different outbound time, just 2 hour difference. Why not earlier than the 6pm flight to allow for a start-of-workday arrival in London? The return flight departs at 1600. It seems like it would be a lot more valuable for business if it was more like 1800.

I understand that there's a need to maximise aircraft utilisation, but this new routing doesn't seem to do that (if it's the same aircraft then it's sitting on the ground for several hours).

Does this boil down to available slots at LHR? Am I fairly unique as a regular YVR-LHR business traveller in that I ideally want to arrive early Monday morning and depart Friday evening? Is there something more complicated?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:38 am

HYD ? Must be expecting corp IT business incl US traffic.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by acrooksie
I noticed that AC is bringing back 2x nonstop YVR-LHR flights per day

They're keeping the existing YVR-LHR @ ~1830 + LHR-YVR @ ~1130 option, and adding a new YVR-LHR @ 2000 and LHR-YVR @ ~1600.
It's likely due to the timing of the slots they hold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.