Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Booked on AC740 and 743 myself for the long weekend. 743 just recently upgauged from A330 to a 772 for my date so I expect for the long weekend it will come back as it was, lot of pax.

Hope they come back in time for you to book.

Perhaps they can switch to larger wide body than A330 as-necessary, consolidating the evening narrow + wide into a single wide body flight? I guess that would need to be 77W though, not sure if they'd have one.
I do see some 77L upgauges, but everything still seems to be zeroed out. It could be a sign that they're replacing the 333 and the 7M8/321 with just a 77L.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Air Canada nixes daytime LHR flights (again)

The daytime LHR flights from YYZ are gone from the schedules. They were reinstated several months ago - I had two booked, but when checking my bookings last night I noticed one had switched to the latest overnight and the other had been cancelled with my points returned. I've always found the daytime flights an excellent way to beat jet lag. Since the latter flight wasn't until February I'd be surprised if the cancellation was due to the current equipment or staff troubles. It would be nice if they at least notified of such a significant change that requires cancelling hotels and altering next-day travel plans.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: AC 75K
When were you scheduled for?

It still looks like based on the timetable and inventory that the Daytripper re-starts March 25 2023
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:21 am

Looks like the missing flights are starting to reappear but with some flights that appear to have been cancelled. For example, YYZ -> DCA now only has two flights daily vs three before all 3 flights originally disappeared.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
When were you scheduled for?

It still looks like based on the timetable and inventory that the Daytripper re-starts March 25 2023
I see that, thanks. Unfortunately points price is 4x what I'd paid for February.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:39 am

AC326 YYC-YUL zeroed out starting Jul 2, the same day when it switches from 7M8 to 77L.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Did you guys see something about big schedule cuts in NB in July?

Apparently there's a Telegraph Journal article but no access. I do see a lot of flights seem to have fallen off the schedule. For example YUL-YQM down to 2 a day on DH4s from 3 on E75/CR9s
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by pprrff
Did you guys see something about big schedule cuts in NB in July?

Apparently there's a Telegraph Journal article but no access. I do see a lot of flights seem to have fallen off the schedule. For example YUL-YQM down to 2 a day on DH4s from 3 on E75/CR9s
See Post #395
pprrff likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by yyzflyer
The daytime LHR flights from YYZ are gone from the schedules. They were reinstated several months ago - I had two booked, but when checking my bookings last night I noticed one had switched to the latest overnight and the other had been cancelled with my points returned. I've always found the daytime flights an excellent way to beat jet lag. Since the latter flight wasn't until February I'd be surprised if the cancellation was due to the current equipment or staff troubles. It would be nice if they at least notified of such a significant change that requires cancelling hotels and altering next-day travel plans.
They moved the daytime arrival slot at LHR from a Toronto flight to the Halifax flight early in the spring, well before the current labour shortage issues started.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:18 am

Flight no longer available on AC's website

Hi, so I booked myself onto a flight from YYZ to YVR and two weeks before departure, the flight doesn't exist on AC's website anymore. Calling AC is pointless as they're not picking up the phone. So I called Amex to see what was up; they said that particular flight was full. I later checked on Expertflyer and found that particular flight is half full at best.

My question is, why did AC pull the flight off it's website, why is Amex Travel telling me it's full booked, but Expert Flyer shows that it isn't full booked?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:45 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by edwardc
Hi, so I booked myself onto a flight from YYZ to YVR and two weeks before departure, the flight doesn't exist on AC's website anymore. Calling AC is pointless as they're not picking up the phone. So I called Amex to see what was up; they said that particular flight was full. I later checked on Expertflyer and found that particular flight is half full at best.

My question is, why did AC pull the flight off it's website, why is Amex Travel telling me it's full booked, but Expert Flyer shows that it isn't full booked?
You will see plenty of discussion in this thread about other flights that are currently in limbo.

Your assessment that EF tells you a flight is half full is incorrect. EF can only show you inventory for sale up to nine seats, which is presumably all zeroes at the moment, and a seat map, which has very little to do with how many seats have been sold for the flight, but is presumably how you came to your "half full" judgement. Many people don't have seat assignments this far out, because (a) they don't want to pay, (b) they bought via the app, which doesn't ask for seat selection during the purchase flow, and never thought about it, (c) they purchased from a third party that didn't offer it during purchase or doesn't offer it at all through their own website (d) purchased via the phone or a TA and didn't instruct the person purchasing to select seats, or (e) just don't care that much about their seats. Or possibly some other reason.

The AC schedule appears to be in flux. Amex likely told you the flight was full because they saw zero seats for sale in all fare buckets. This would also explain why it no longer shows on the AC website.

It's possible your flight is going to be cancelled. Or that they're going to change the time. Or swap in a larger aircraft. We don't know.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:19 am

Thanks. Thought it would be cancelled but since it's already a 787-9, not sure if it's going to be changed to a larger plane.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:02 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by edwardc
Thanks. Thought it would be cancelled but since it's already a 787-9, not sure if it's going to be changed to a larger plane.
AC does have larger planes.

Or it could be swapped for a smaller aircraft.

Or nothing might happen to your flight but they're going to cancel or downgauge a different flight and want to make sure they protect capacity on the one you're on to re-book those other people.

There are a bunch of reasons. We don't know which one. Just wait and see what happens. Nothing can be done for now.
vernonc likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
AC326 YYC-YUL zeroed out starting Jul 2, the same day when it switches from 7M8 to 77L.
And now 326 on Jul 2 shows
J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R9 O9 E9 A9 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 F0
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
And now 326 on Jul 2 shows
J9 C9 D9 Z9 P9 R9 O9 E9 A9 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 F0
But still zeroed out starting July 6th. Looks like they delayed implementing whatever changes they are going to make until next week.
canadiancow and vancouver25k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.