Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by tracon
Yes.
Yes
Bad timing on your part.

AC214/219 are not timed to be the same plane.
They are timed to swap with one of the European flights.
Thanks! Is it just for the July/Aug schedule?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
From YVR, it seems it's the plane coming from SYD. Which next runs 848, the FRA flight. At least last week that's where the plane doing 848 came from.
No, it's not. In the past few days, the aircraft that operated AC214 have arrived at YVR from ICN, LHR, and YUL.

That aircraft then carries on to either LHR or FRA, or maybe at some point it will even operate an evening flight to YYZ. Lately the 214 aircraft has mostly gone to LHR, and when I took 848 the other day, the inbound was 849
​​​​​​
You can't just look at one day and assume that because the aircraft did SYD-YVR-YYC-FRA that day, that's the regular rotation. There really is no regular rotation.

214 arrives too late to YYC to operate 219 to YVR, unless they create a massive delay to 219. That's the only certainty.

Originally Posted by jazzsax
Could it also be that with the extra capacity they've put this there in case they want to cancel other flights and move people to this one?
Unlikely.

Bad timing on your part.
Not sure I'd say that. In close to 15 years of flying AC pretty frequently, I don't think I had ever seen a widebody scheduled on that route, only IRROPs substitutions.

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Thanks! Is it just for the July/Aug schedule?
The AC timetable or doing dummy bookings through AC or Google Flights would be able to answer that question for any dates that you're interested in.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 4:52 pm

The 789 YYC-YVR-YYC looks like will end Sept 5th both ways. Enjoy it while you can everyone easily worth the LMU/bid upgrade/e upgrades if you can fly it. R space plentiful for most the dates remaining. I feel happy for all the people who LMU and experience lie flat for the first time for cheap. Even for such a short flight
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Im going YYC-YYZ-YYC on Thanksgiving wknd to help my brother close up the cottage on Lake of Bays.
My 6 p.m. return on a 788 was just changed to a 6:30 p.m. departure and aircraft upgauged from the
788 to a 777W slaveship. Fortunately my bulkhead seat 18A mapped over perfectly to the bulkhead on the 777.
Wonder why such a large aircraft on a Sunday nite YYZ-YYC? Long weekend still has another day. Positioning?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:06 pm

AC548 AC549 the EWR-YVR-EWR route metal change to 7M8. Lie flat J to poverty J. What a crock of .....
SKYEG and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by commaspace
AC548 AC549 the EWR-YVR-EWR route metal change to 7M8. Lie flat J to poverty J. What a crock of .....
lol that is the worst.... it just happened to me on UA 787-10 Dreamliner Polaris to poverty J but I got promptly refunded.

does AC provide full refund or change to another flight for free for equipment swap from lie flat to recliner J? other airlines do but not sure about AC
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:39 pm

lol that is the worst.... it just happened to me on UA 787-10 Dreamliner Polaris to poverty J but I got promptly refunded.

does AC provide full refund or change to another flight for free for equipment swap from lie flat to recliner J? other airlines do but not sure about AC
Online option refund to aeroplan points or a "travel voucher". Didn't bother calling in bc wait time probably gnarly.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:49 pm

Online option refund to aeroplan points or a "travel voucher". Didn't bother calling in bc wait time probably gnarly.
min 1-3 hours as a 75k all summer
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
...poverty J...
I know I'm Super Entitled and all, but I like that description and shall use it at some point in the future.
SKYEG, YYC3722 and vancouver25k like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:52 pm

Message re-posted in proper thread

Last edited by joc111; Jul 19, 2022 at 11:31 pm Reason: Message re-posted in proper thread
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Shame, but we just cancelled that route with upgrades last week because our routing had to change due to other timing. The new booking is not as favourable but that happens closer to departure. Thought EWR-YVR fare and upgrade options was a sweet deal with a wide body, not so much with a Max.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:01 pm

October schedule change came yesterday.
I received a notice of seat change (WB to NB) several hours before the notice of schedule change.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I received a notice of seat change (WB to NB) several hours before the notice of schedule change.
I had some SFO<->YYZ flights that shifted a few minutes, but luckily nothing substantial.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
i had this on YYZ-YVR where 7 am went from 777 to 321. Aeroplan changed myJ award to a 9:15 777 without issue. Also picked up the phone in 15 mins 👍
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
YYZ-ORD downsized. Luckily the online tool actually worked to move to an earlier flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.