Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by littlea905
It's a little entertaining watching this all unfold. So as I mentioned above about flights being zeroed out but not cancelled, I received and email from Air Canada saying my seats on the return flight to BWI had changed from row 3 to row 23. Knowing that there isn't a row 23 on a CRJ200, I looked a little more closely at the email and they did move us to an earlier flight on a CRJ900. I guess some type of notification is better than none but it wasn't very clear. Especially that the app still shows the original flights and seat selection. Is there a reason why that is and is not updated?

Now wondering if/when the outbound to YYZ changes....
And the saga continues. The issue is that there are no seats in Economy on the way to YYZ from BWI on that day. Aeroplan tried and cannot put us in business class even though that's the only thing available. So much for being flexible on their end. Annoying because no one is going to pay $1100 one way for business class. They'll end up upgrading an SE or E50K and they'll have seats open in the back.

Dropped call after an hour and now new person at Aeroplan has to call me back because computer crashed. Guess I'm going to be looking at flights from IAD or DCA. Wondering if I should just drive....
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:55 pm

A list of the summer schedule changes by route is now on the website: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...stments.html#/

Looks like they've cancelled the later flight and kept the earlier flight where they zeroed out two flights. There are still some zeroed out flights, so perhaps some equipment changes are still coming?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HSBC
vernonc,
How did you receive your notice, by email?
Or did you log on your booking online?
Thanks!
Email from Egencia/Concur (corp booking site).
HSBC likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
All YTZ Flights Cancelled from Schedule

Looks like all flights after Thursday are shut down out of YTZ - Anyone else seeing the same?
Was trying to book on my FP and was showing all Sold out - then looking on EF - all are showing cancelled.
Looks like they wanted to move this capacity to other areas to provide relief
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Star Alliance Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, NEXUS GE
Had AC 7962 cancelled from YTZ-YUL on the 29th, but I got rebooked automatically on AC 410 from YYZ-YUL. Pretty much the same arrival and departure times on the same day, and now I'm flying on an A223 rather than a Q400. AC even made sure to keep me in a preferred seat with extra legroom. This actually has worked pretty well since I bought the YTZ ticket to save money compared to the YYZ routes, so now I get a much more comfortable plane at an airport with much more to do.

Was booked Economy Comfort.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by caziz
Looks like all flights after Thursday are shut down out of YTZ - Anyone else seeing the same?
Was trying to book on my FP and was showing all Sold out - then looking on EF - all are showing cancelled.
Looks like they wanted to move this capacity to other areas to provide relief
I did not expect that, but I'm seeing the same thing. It wasn't announced.

AC flights to YTZ appear to resume on August 1.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Avios, Aeroplan
Regional routes over xmas

Just wondering if AC might open more routs over xmas. I'm in the UK and the only flight out of North Bay YYB is at 5:45 am on 27 Dec. In the before times there would typically be 3 or 4 flights a day? Any chance of more being added or is this a lost cause?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
AC740 downgauge on a bunch of dates. Looks like some days of the week still scheduled for A330, others A321.

Looking a bit closer, seems like most Mondays and Fridays in September are downgauged, the other days aren't. Of course, I was booked on Friday. It doesn't seem to extend into October so maybe there's hope that it'll get switched back.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jul 12, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by SMcV
Just wondering if AC might open more routs over xmas. I'm in the UK and the only flight out of North Bay YYB is at 5:45 am on 27 Dec. In the before times there would typically be 3 or 4 flights a day? Any chance of more being added or is this a lost cause?
I doubt they are thinking beyond the next few weeks right now. It's possible, but no one here knows. The lack of <78 seat aircraft (only 15 CRJs in the fleet) makes it difficult to provide frequent service to smaller cities.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yuck! My upcoming EWR-YVR flight got downguaged to a 7M8. The horror!

Given that flight isn't until mid-September, I guess anything could happen between now and then.
lsquare and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Noticed yvr-yyc-yvr are running once daily 789s this summer. I’ve never seen widebody flights on such a short flight with AC except on YYZ-YUL

are they positioning flights? Has it happened before ? Flown this route over 100 times over the last 10 years and never flown it with a widebody.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:14 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Noticed yvr-yyc-yvr are running once daily 789s this summer. I’ve never seen widebody flights on such a short flight with AC except on YYZ-YUL

are they positioning flights? Has it happened before ? Flown this route over 100 times over the last 10 years and never flown it with a widebody.
They're not positioning flights. They increase capacity on the YYC<>YVR route, especially for cargo. The first time they did this on a scheduled basis was last summer/fall after the floods in the lower mainland. There's discussion upthread from when they brought this back on a regular basis for this summer.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
They're not positioning flights. They increase capacity on the YYC<>YVR route, especially for cargo. The first time they did this on a scheduled basis was last summer/fall after the floods in the lower mainland. There's discussion upthread from when they brought this back on a regular basis for this summer.
From YVR, it seems it's the plane coming from SYD. Which next runs 848, the FRA flight. At least last week that's where the plane doing 848 came from.

Booked on it to YVR this coming Sunday. :-)
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by Stranger
From YVR, it seems it's the plane coming from SYD. Which next runs 848, the FRA flight. At least last week that's where the plane doing 848 came from.

Booked on it to YVR this coming Sunday. :-)
Could it also be that with the extra capacity they've put this there in case they want to cancel other flights and move people to this one?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Noticed yvr-yyc-yvr are running once daily 789s this summer. ....
Yes.
Yes
Bad timing on your part.

AC214/219 are not timed to be the same plane.
They are timed to swap with one of the European flights.
SKYEG likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.