Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nave888
It seems to me that this is geared towards the short European red eye pax - ie. the LHR crowd. For these pax, I think this will be a very good option.
I agree. Have a great meal, then climb aboard the plane and sleep. This lounge will rock for people flying to Europe.

I assume those on same plane, one stop service can't access this though? So flights that go YYZ-YUL-GVA, or YYZ-YVR-SYD are SOL?
Yup. SOL. If your first stop is domestic, then you won't even be able to get into the right terminal, so it won't be the lounge police keeping you out.

I hope they loosen requirements a bit down the line. Maybe something like paid J fares and SE in confirmed J (incl. R and I fares)? In an ideal world though, AC would just create an even higher status in their new program (like a 200K or something) and give them access, kind of like the LH FCT.
MM. They should give MM access.

Not that I'm biased or anything
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
The question is not how many SE there are, it’s how many fly Intl outside of paid J from YYZ and could therefore qualify under certain conditions.

I’d guess AC can work this out. Well potentially anyway.
What they should do is start with an overly restrictive set of access rules, which they can then loosen up over time as they measure actual usage & capacity.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I think non status with I award should be in front of SE or MM n Y any day....
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I think non status with I award should be in front of SE or MM n Y any day....
Why? The SEs are more lucrative customers.

Heck, even on that specific ticket, the SE in Tango is a more lucrative customer.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by expert7700
Even me ordering the chef's nightmare (extra-well done) did not result in a delay.
Why would you do that? How do you actually dare?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:00 pm

Mmmm that food looks really, really good!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I like the Super Elites in the thread convincing themselves that AC will let them in and make an exception for them, but nobody else.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
To me, they are very clearly modelling this after BA's Concorde Room at LHR. Access to that is open to those flying BA (and only BA, no partner airline) First class + 1 guest. That does include those tickets that are a points redemption. Access is also open to those with a Concorde Room card, which you can get by a lot of flying. The mileage requirement would be roughly 3.5X that to get SE, if we equate the top tiers in *A and OW.

I'm sure AC will loosen the entry requirement as time goes on and they see how busy it is. I can't see SE's being admitted without meeting the class of service requirement, there are too many of them.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I haven’t said they’ll let me in, or should let me in.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Heck, even on that specific ticket, the SE in Tango is a more lucrative customer.
Can't have people in Y cheapening the lounge now can we?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: *$ Green
If AC doesn't let me in, I will take my business elsewhere.

It will be a YUGE blow to AC's bottom line. Fools.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Can't have people in Y cheapening the lounge now can we?
Not like I'd ever fly Y out of that concourse anyway
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: A3*G, BAEC Gold
Sadly My December trip to YYZ this year is with TP, but I understand they don't want to overcrowd or cheapen the experience.

Good to see AC upping their game.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:15 am

Do any other airlines within *A have this kind of access requirement (airline's own metal) for a J lounge?

I know LH/LX/SQ all have special F lounges if you're flying their metal, but I can't think of any off the top of my head that do it for J.

AC is basically saying "if you want a good lounge experience in YYZ, you have to fly us".

It makes me wonder what the point is of an alliance if I have to fly the airport's "home airline" to have a good experience.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why? The SEs are more lucrative customers.

Perhaps, but the idea of the lounge is for J pax, an airline divide up the hard/soft product between rev and award business class travel is meh.

If your goal is to develop a business class lounge for your business class pax, then it should not matter if it's paid J or redemption of points or e-uped or LMU or Bid.

As for SE, don't see why they should be given special treatment in this instance, as far as my understanding goes, no other airline in Star A does this. If would be like if you redeemed F on Lufthansa but can only use the business class, poor reflection on brand. If they are being like this over rev vs other means to J, then I see no reason to pay the premium flying with them with actual money.

Not that I will ever e-up/bid/or LMU on J, I just think the whole principle of this lounge restriction is deeply flawed. (If anything, the exclusion of this particular group is simply ridiculous, perhaps even pathetic on many levels)

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 29, 2017 at 2:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.