Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I hope not. This would allow alot of the marginally profitable types to overburden the option and kill it with over use. Keep it restricted to international J class pax so that actual J class pax can have a chance to enjoy the benefit. One need only look at the MLL near the E gates at YYZ. Packed with the tango fare Elite card holders and their guests. I resent not being able to have something to eat , or having to wander about looking for a seat because of a large number of "Elites" who are not in J, enjoying the MLL. Your idea would destroy the Signature Suite concept and we'd be back to pickles again.
Perhaps the bigger issue is to not give out lounge access as easy as they do. Keep it for what it was meant for and that would reduce the overcrowding considerably
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I can see your point here; however, as a former director of a large financial institution who was responsible for implementing policy that affected customers, the keep it simple principle comes to my immediate mind. I think the policies that you would support are fair, but I think it'd get far too complex and confuse more people (and thus drives up dissat) than anything.
The issue is that without a published policy, I have no incentive to book AC. Even if they granted exceptions at the door for a +1 in 99% of the cases, it means I might spend my money on another airline.

YYZ is a very odd connection point for me if my only goal is getting to the destination. Certain places (India?) make sense, as I need a one-stop no matter what. If I can get a 23 hour layover, that has other benefits for me, since I'm from there. But otherwise, I need a strong enticement to book AC through YYZ rather than booking something else through somewhere else (or non-stop). And denying entry to my companion is not an enticing reason for me to buy J.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by songsc
I am aware that Late Night Express Dinner has been first introduced on PLH flight, then four TATL flights departing past 10pm, and now all flights departing past 10pm, as many people (me included) want to get more rest rather than eating.

If AC keep the J catering the way it is, then this is definitely a major improvement to international J pax departing YYZ.
There have been many posts here over the years indicating that the service times in J take too long. I recently operated a departure verging on midnight and here's some data:

Out of 30J Pax 27 opted for dinner. I found this to be an unusually high number, but perhaps it was because we emphasized "quick and hot", this may have impacted the numbers. 4 of the 27 drifted off, 3 more declined the hot after having ordered it. In all, the service which comprised beverage of choice, complete meal, hot beverages & liqueurs was wrapped up in 1 hour and 5 minutes - lights out. It also freed up 2 Crew members to assist and accelerate the service in Y.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
There have been many posts here over the years indicating that the service times in J take too long. I recently operated a departure verging on midnight and here's some data:

Out of 30J Pax 27 opted for dinner. I found this to be an unusually high number, but perhaps it was because we emphasized "quick and hot", this may have impacted the numbers. 4 of the 27 drifted off, 3 more declined the hot after having ordered it. In all, the service which comprised beverage of choice, complete meal, hot beverages & liqueurs was wrapped up in 1 hour and 5 minutes - lights out. It also freed up 2 Crew members to assist and accelerate the service in Y.
I'm lucky to get a drink 45 minutes after the seatbelt sign goes off I'm towards the back of the cabin.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Last time I flew AC J (YUL-LHR), it took 1 hour to start the service, and another hour to complete. Leaving like 3 hours to sleep.
Anyway, thankful for the opup
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, AC
I'm endlessly fascinated and baffled by this thread. Air Canada has introduced ... a room with chairs, tables and food. People are clambering to figure if and how they may qualify for entry into this ... room with chairs, tables and food. The way people are talking about it you would think they're handing out bricks of gold bullion.

I'm one of those who will probably qualify for entry when flying international as I'm usually on a paid J fare. Will I use this lounge? Almost certainly not. If I'm flying on an international flight it's typically to Europe and departs late at night, long after dinner time. And there's no way I want to arrive at the airport an hour earlier for my flight, just so that I'm able to spend time in ... a room with chairs, tables and food.
airbus320 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm lucky to get a drink 45 minutes after the seatbelt sign goes off I'm towards the back of the cabin.
Ditto; and this is far longer then it used to be.
canadiancow and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
This lounge access policy is a little dumb IMO. If I'm flying paid J and my significant other is on a J reward ticket, she should be able to attend with me. These are two expensive tickets.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Does it strike anyone as odd that AC is offering this very exclusive in-airport Signature Suite experience, and then the business-class fare-paying passengers have to mingle (oh, the horrors!) with those that have redeemed for a reward, eUpgraded, LMU'ed, etc. once on-board for their 6 to 14 hour flight? They will know exactly who they saw in the Signature Suite lounge, and surely will be observing the rest, through narrow eye-slits furtively scanning the cabin, as some sort of lower form of life (dare I say it?) cheapening the product...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by pewpew
Error fare?

I mean the full J works too, but talking to CBSA when you try to re-enter Canada will be fun
So the domestic and international departure airside zones are segregated, unlike in YUL ?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
....your idea would destroy the Signature Suite concept and we'd be back to pickles again.
Did it take this long for somone to say the magic word? Look closely at this lounge photo for a familiar item.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Does it strike anyone as odd that AC is offering this very exclusive in-airport Signature Suite experience, and then the business-class fare-paying passengers have to mingle (oh, the horrors!) with those that have redeemed for a reward, eUpgraded, LMU'ed, etc. once on-board for their 6 to 14 hour flight? They will know exactly who they saw in the Signature Suite lounge, and surely will be observing the rest, through narrow eye-slits furtively scanning the cabin, as some sort of lower form of life (dare I say it?) cheapening the product...
Is this a joke?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by After Burner
And there's no way I want to arrive at the airport an hour earlier for my flight, just so that I'm able to spend time in ... a room with chairs, tables and food.
That however does not apply to connecting passengers, who depending upon the connection might end up with quite a bit of time on their hand.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.

1 hour 5mins after the seat belt sign turns off? Personally in my limited time flying widebody J on YYZ - YVR of any TPAC flight... this has never happened. I be lucky if it's wrapped up in two hours for dinner... once on YYZ YVR I didnt even get my hot plate nearly 2.5 Hours into the flight. (Well to be fair I was sitting far back but still)
Dorian likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

The waters are being muddied so let's please end the in-flight meals debate and keep discussion in this thread to the thread topic which is the Signature Suite lounge in YYZ.

tcook052
Ac forum mod.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.