Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Lately been favouring the YUL connection to Europe as their MLL is nicer and good enough for me for a 20min stopover.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
YB entitles you to free preferred seats.

JCDZPIR entitles you to lie flat seats and better food.

OEN entitles you to better-than-Y seats and better-than-Y food.

The only thing that directly differentiates the hard product is the fare.
Personally, as someone who had worked and will be working FT in product.. this type of fragmentation is pretty bad. Its bad for brand, that will lead to uncomfortable enforcements when SE use IKK for his/her SO, but more importantly, piss poor cabin consistency.
This just set a dangerous precedence, with more international flights coming in the next five and ten years, how long until P fare be restricted?

Also, AC seems to not have realized they just told us how much of their cabin is really revenue J lol
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Personally, as someone who had worked and will be working FT in product.. this type of fragmentation is pretty bad. Its bad for brand, that will lead to uncomfortable enforcements when SE use IKK for his/her SO, but more importantly, poor cabin consistency.
This just set a dangerous precedence, with more international flights coming in the next five and ten years, how long until P fare be restricted?
Possible. Though I suspect that you will learn to learn to love unbudling amd ancillary fees if you work long enough on the sale side.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Possible. Though I suspect that you will learn to learn to love unbudling amd ancillary fees if you work long enough on the sale side.
The argument may hold for Y... though I think it will backfire when it comes to mid/high end customers (whose expectations are quite high).
It could also be a flyer who frequents UA,AA,DL.
Imagine how a SE or E would feel when he/she was turned away because he redeemed his/her miles for once.

Whatever, I said all I have to say. This impacts others way more than me. I just think its a stupid move.

Part of me hopes that AC is only doing it because its a "soft-open", that as months go on, they will ramp up their throughput rate and do the right thing.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 30, 2017 at 8:34 pm
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:37 pm

The argument may hold for Y... though I think it will backfire when it comes to mid/high end customers. Imagine how a SE or E would feel that he can't use the lounge because he redeemed his hard earned miles for once.
I agree, and I am convinced AC will be revising its access policy once it gets a few month of data in, especially after the holiday period which likely has a good chunk of leisure travel from FF flyers.

In the end, if AC wants to make it an exclusive high end lounge, the whole thing will have to be very restricted. Restricting access, retaining exclusivity, and keeping operating costs low by reducing traffic will be critical in the successful launch. Especially money wise. AC can then adjust the access policy as it feels.

Don't forget, AC has (I hope) the data on who accesses the lounge and on what fare. You can probably do the math for who is allowed to access the lounge (to be within X target) on the back of a napkin. To suggest they can't do that would worry me about their ability to operate an airline....
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:42 pm

Whatever, I said all I have to say. This impacts others way more than me. I just think its a stupid move.
Well, it's always good to debate. Good practice for tough contract negotiations!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:04 pm

So... can I go in the lounge now or not yet?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I agree, and I am convinced AC will be revising its access policy once it gets a few month of data in, especially after the holiday period which likely has a good chunk of leisure travel from FF flyers.

In the end, if AC wants to make it an exclusive high end lounge, the whole thing will have to be very restricted. Restricting access, retaining exclusivity, and keeping operating costs low by reducing traffic will be critical in the successful launch. Especially money wise. AC can then adjust the access policy as it feels.

Don't forget, AC has (I hope) the data on who accesses the lounge and on what fare. You can probably do the math for who is allowed to access the lounge (to be within X target) on the back of a napkin. To suggest they can't do that would worry me about their ability to operate an airline....
I can already write the script for my 1st YYZ transit to Europe with the GF. It will be listed in the 'horror' category and listed as 18A.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian
I can already write the script for my 1st YYZ transit to Europe with the GF. It will be listed in the 'horror' category and listed as 18A.
18A
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Oh really? I thought LMUs had access to MLL? Are you sure?
Yes, LMU and BID upgrades have access to MLL, not e-upgrades. I'm not sure what class an LMU or bid upgrade books into. It's not R is it?

If they change the access rules to the Signature Suite to allow entry for Aeroplan (I), LMU and bid upgrades, then it will be consistent with the MLL access in that e-upgrades aren't eligible as they rely on your original fare class.

I suspect they'll do this but not go any further by making exemptions for SEs etc.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:58 am

We should make a video like this to demand AC to open access to rest of us plebs
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
Yes, LMU and BID upgrades have access to MLL, not e-upgrades. I'm not sure what class an LMU or bid upgrade books into. It's not R is it?

If they change the access rules to the Signature Suite to allow entry for Aeroplan (I), LMU and bid upgrades, then it will be consistent with the MLL access in that e-upgrades aren't eligible as they rely on your original fare class.

I suspect they'll do this but not go any further by making exemptions for SEs etc.
It is R, which is probably why this is challenging.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:19 am

The underlying business class product have become inconsistent.
No, it's mostly just the lounge access and the air mattresses. The rest is consistent. Meh food and dirty planes.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:27 am

I await the inevitable change in access policies. My bet's on SE and their guest being allowed access if in the J cabin (potentially a requirement that the SE be paid).

They are going to get an ear full at Christmas when SEs are using the miles they earned all year to take the family somewhere can't access it. I'm a definitely a prime example, as I'm highly unlikely to ever buy 4 J tickets, because the whole point of miles is to use them, so I fly paid while my wife and kids fly on points with me.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by rehoult
I await the inevitable change in access policies. My bet's on SE and their guest being allowed access if in the J cabin (potentially a requirement that the SE be paid).

They are going to get an ear full at Christmas when SEs are using the miles they earned all year to take the family somewhere can't access it. I'm a definitely a prime example, as I'm highly unlikely to ever buy 4 J tickets, because the whole point of miles is to use them, so I fly paid while my wife and kids fly on points with me.
Exactly and this is the issue...you bringing your whole family into the lounge as guests would not help create the environment that is considered "premium"... (not you personally, but you know what I am saying). It has to be all or nothing... if an E75 is travelling on an I ticket, he/she will then not be happy that an SE's family who are on reward tickets can enter but he/she can't. As well, should it then be I tickets only (as opposed to X) for these guests ? Same flight or not ? So many permutations...

Anyhow, it's a numbers game and we'll see where the chips will fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.