Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Fully refundable J fare that is cancelled?
Uh, I was going to say "buy a J ticket", but that works too

Originally Posted by pewpew
Error fare?
Works for me

I mean the full J works too, but talking to CBSA when you try to re-enter Canada will be fun
No one in their right mind is going to go to the airport for the sole purpose of having free dinner and cocktails.

Now, if you're flying Sunwing, and want a free meal/cocktails, that proposal becomes much easier. I hope they do a good job of tracking and charging people (monetarily or criminally) who abuse the system.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: TK *G
I have a feeling that the next thing AC will do is to axe or somewhat enhance the meal service on late night flights, or maybe all the TATL flights.

The enhanced (I mean real enhancement) dinning in MLL is something that actually costs AC more money but will not bring AC additional revenues. This contradicts yars of the cost cutting in J and Altitude program. YVR not getting a similar MLL reinforced my idea as YVR does not have that many short international flights departing late.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Error fare?
I mean the full J works too, but talking to CBSA when you try to re-enter Canada will be fun
Not if you are actually departing on another airline same evening
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No one in their right mind is going to go to the airport for the sole purpose of having free dinner and cocktails..
Didn’t AC invite a significant number of SEMMs to do just this a couple of weeks back?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
AC should consider adding Signature Suite Access as an Altitude Program Privilege.

Options: Select or Core privilege

Signature Suite membership or passes

Or even include it as a perk of one of their Altitude co-branded credit cards.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by jc94
Didn’t AC invite a significant number of SEMMs to do just this a couple of weeks back?
Yes they did.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
But that was a special event.

Very different from "Oh honey, where do you want to go for dinner tonight? The airport? Okay bring your passport."
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by songsc
I have a feeling that the next thing AC will do is to axe or somewhat enhance the meal service on late night flights, or maybe all the TATL flights.

The enhanced (I mean real enhancement) dinning in MLL is something that actually costs AC more money but will not bring AC additional revenues. This contradicts yars of the cost cutting in J and Altitude program. YVR not getting a similar MLL reinforced my idea as YVR does not have that many short international flights departing late.
The late night flights have already been altered as per Customer preference and feedback. Late Night Express Hot Dinner. Lounge access eligibility is limited and for that reason, they will not be axing J/C meal service. I'm quite certain of that.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
AC should consider adding Signature Suite Access as an Altitude Program Privilege.
Options: Select or Core privilege
Signature Suite membership or passes
Or even include it as a perk of one of their Altitude co-branded credit cards.
I hope not. This would allow alot of the marginally profitable types to overburden the option and kill it with over use. Keep it restricted to international J class pax so that actual J class pax can have a chance to enjoy the benefit. One need only look at the MLL near the E gates at YYZ. Packed with the tango fare Elite card holders and their guests. I resent not being able to have something to eat , or having to wander about looking for a seat because of a large number of "Elites" who are not in J, enjoying the MLL. Your idea would destroy the Signature Suite concept and we'd be back to pickles again.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I hope not. This would allow alot of the marginally profitable types to overburden the option and kill it with over use. Keep it restricted to international J class pax so that actual J class pax can have a chance to enjoy the benefit. One need only look at the MLL near the E gates at YYZ. Packed with the tango fare Elite card holders and their guests. I resent not being able to have something to eat , or having to wander about looking for a seat because of a large number of "Elites" who are not in J, enjoying the MLL. Your idea would destroy the Signature Suite concept and we'd be back to pickles again.
It would need to be restricted to the higher tiers to select as a privilege (i.e. SE) and perhaps allow the pass to be used if they are in PY, eup, or reward tix.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
It would need to be restricted to the higher tiers to select as a privilege (i.e. SE) and perhaps allow the pass to be used if they are in PY, eup, or reward tix.
I'm for this new policy. As the airlines move towards culling the benefits of elite fliers due to the industry improving post 9/11, I'm far much for this new model which is "pay to play". Clearly paying $20,000 as SE isn't enough these days to cull the ranks. In today's economy and airlines' performance, restrictions such as the one in place today for this lounge are welcome by me, even if it is to my detriment.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Well done AC.

I support paid J only having access.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
The late night flights have already been altered as per Customer preference and feedback. Late Night Express Hot Dinner. Lounge access eligibility is limited and for that reason, they will not be axing J/C meal service. I'm quite certain of that.
I am aware that Late Night Express Dinner has been first introduced on PLH flight, then four TATL flights departing past 10pm, and now all flights departing past 10pm, as many people (me included) want to get more rest rather than eating.

If AC keep the J catering the way it is, then this is definitely a major improvement to international J pax departing YYZ.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I'm for this new policy. As the airlines move towards culling the benefits of elite fliers due to the industry improving post 9/11, I'm far much for this new model which is "pay to play". Clearly paying $20,000 as SE isn't enough these days to cull the ranks. In today's economy and airlines' performance, restrictions such as the one in place today for this lounge are welcome by me, even if it is to my detriment.
I'm still flip flopping on the access policies.

They want to lure US traffic. But already, you get AC's best lounge on the outbound, and worst lounge (transborder) on the inbound.

It's also not uncommon for me to fly revenue J when my companion is on a reward ticket. I'm just not sure it's worth going with AC in this case. I might as well redeem miles if I'm not going to get in the lounge anyway. Or I could fly another airline.

I'm not saying they should open it up, but if there's an SE in paid J with a companion on an Aeroplan ticket, that seems like something that should be permitted.

And from talking to a few people, along with reading posts in this thread, this problem is much worse for married SEs.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm still flip flopping on the access policies.

They want to lure US traffic. But already, you get AC's best lounge on the outbound, and worst lounge (transborder) on the inbound.

It's also not uncommon for me to fly revenue J when my companion is on a reward ticket. I'm just not sure it's worth going with AC in this case. I might as well redeem miles if I'm not going to get in the lounge anyway. Or I could fly another airline.

I'm not saying they should open it up, but if there's an SE in paid J with a companion on an Aeroplan ticket, that seems like something that should be permitted.

And from talking to a few people, along with reading posts in this thread, this problem is much worse for married SEs.
I can see your point here; however, as a former director of a large financial institution who was responsible for implementing policy that affected customers, the keep it simple principle comes to my immediate mind. I think the policies that you would support are fair, but I think it'd get far too complex and confuse more people (and thus drives up dissat) than anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.