Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canopus27
I've now been invited to attend on the 17th

Is anyone else going to attend on the 17th? If so, drop me a PM and we can meet up.
Anyone want a date? :P
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Anyone want a date? :P
From the invite:
* This invitation is exclusive and non-transferable. Unfortunately, guests are not permitted.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:42 pm

From the invite:
* This invitation is exclusive and non-transferable. Unfortunately, guests are not permitted.
Yeah plebs like me would cheapen the lounge

I wonder if AC will had a press event or officially announce this publically at some stage.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
AC thoughtfully changed my invitation from the 23rd to the 17th. Thanks to jc94 for suggesting that I ask; I never would have had the chutzpah otherwise.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC*ACMM, Marriott*Platinum Elite
Canopus27, hopefully you can share with us of what you learn from your dinner tomorrow (17th). I will be attending the one on the 23th. Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by acpccl
Canopus27, hopefully you can share with us of what you learn from your dinner tomorrow (17th). I will be attending the one on the 23th. Thanks
How much of the NDA would actually allow this?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I checked again the invitation I received from AC. I couldn't find the NDA in the AC invitation to me!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I checked again the invitation I received from AC. I couldn't find the NDA in the AC invitation to me!
That means you can take pic and post it here, and please know that we would be grateful if you could do so!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
The lounge is fantastic ... well furnished, with comfortable seating and plenty of amenities. There is a sit down restaurant style service, with a selection of menu items that include several David Hawksworth creations, and finally the option of a properly cooked steak (rare). The wine selection was decent ... nothing to rave about, but pretty solid. Meanwhile Davd Hawksworth won me over with his dessert selections, I had a stunningly good cheescake.

All in all, the lounge was really good ... dramatically better than the old international MLL (which looks hopelessly tired in comparison).

(*) Caveat: Everything I wrote above is entirely made up, as I haven't actually seen the lounge yet ... and I suspect I won't be able to write about it after I have seen it, due to the NDA. So I thought I'd give you a pre-review, based on what I hope it will be
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
That means you can take pic and post it here, and please know that we would be grateful if you could do so!
I think it is polite asking AC first on the 23th before posting anything in here.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Thumbs down

[QUOTE=canopus27;29069139] and finally the option of a properly cooked steak (rare). /QUOTE]

Is that an oxymoron

(*) Caveat: Everything I wrote above is entirely made up, as I haven't actually seen the lounge yet ... and I suspect I won't be able to write about it after I have seen it, due to the NDA. So I thought I'd give you a pre-review, based on what I hope it will be

FAKE NEWS!!!!! UGH!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:47 pm

I think it is polite asking AC first on the 23th before posting anything in here.
Fair
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:47 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
[QUOTE=Jumper Jack;29069159]
and finally the option of a properly cooked steak (rare). /QUOTE]
[
Depending on the cut of steak, no it is not an oxymoron.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:07 pm

Thanks to yyznomad pointing out that I missed the fine print NDA which also appeared at the very bottom of my invitation. * This invitation is exclusive and non-transferable. Unfortunately, guests are not permitted. All attendees must sign a non-disclosure agreement before seeing the lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 5:36 pm

Exactly, so we don't yet know what the NDA will and will not allow, in fact it might actually prevent people posting details of the NDA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.