Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I'm a SEMM based in Toronto. No invite.
Hmmm. I have no idea then.

I've just declined my invite, so perhaps there will be a second round of invites coming out soon?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
so you will need to clear custom after the dinner
... and because you'll have signed a non-disclosure agreement, you won't even be able to tell the customs guy why you were there
Lights_a_blur likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Every time I've been in an international departure area of an airport as a non-traveler, I've had a special pass that lets me get out without having to "clear immigration".

Though I suppose I could have passed it off to someone inadmissible for entry, then used my passport to enter normally.

Hmmm....
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every time I've been in an international departure area of an airport as a non-traveler, I've had a special pass that lets me get out without having to "clear immigration".

Though I suppose I could have passed it off to someone inadmissible for entry, then used my passport to enter normally.

Hmmm....
Well this answers my question about how you get to the lounge. I don't fully get the NDA, surely letting the bloggers blog and he FTers post is good free advertising?

I haven't had an invite surprisingly If I did though, I'd probably go
Maybe they will do multiple rounds until they reach their target, a bit like an upgrade waitlist.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Maybe those attending the launch can find out and post as to who would be allowed into this lounge and when it will open. I guess it opens right after the launch ?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by jc94
Well this answers my question about how you get to the lounge. I don't fully get the NDA, surely letting the bloggers blog and he FTers post is good free advertising?

I haven't had an invite surprisingly If I did though, I'd probably go
Maybe they will do multiple rounds until they reach their target, a bit like an upgrade waitlist.
Probably because they have their own media/marketing and don't want bloggers to steal their thunder if the invite event is before press release/media.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:03 am

That contradicts what I've been told.

Specifically the "full J".
This will be a LOL, HUCA.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: air miles
Was DrunkCargo invited? This sort of activity (entering the lounge for dinner, then leaving without taking a flight) was grounds for termination of status was it not? LOL, I guess by Air Canada invitation all is acceptable.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I am curious to know if dogs (comfort or no comfort) are allowed in this MLL. I won't be able to sleep until I get the answer.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:01 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I am curious to know if dogs (comfort or no comfort) are allowed in this MLL. I won't be able to sleep until I get the answer.
Only if they know how to lick the tongs clean.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
My invite is for Thursday 23 November, not 17 November. So there will be multiple previews.

Unfortunately, I can't make it on the 23rd (but could have on the 17th). Why can't Air Canada schedule these things with Doodle polls the way everyone else does?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
My invite is for Thursday 23 November, not 17 November. So there will be multiple previews.

Unfortunately, I can't make it on the 23rd (but could have on the 17th). Why can't Air Canada schedule these things with Doodle polls the way everyone else does?
Haha. Well this explains the NDA although I'd hope it has a date or we'll just have wait until Jan 1st to get a accurate review.

Maybe email then telling them you can make the 17th which has at least one opening as per this thread.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Haha. Well this explains the NDA although I'd hope it has a date or we'll just have wait until Jan 1st to get a accurate review.

Maybe email then telling them you can make the 17th which has at least one opening as per this thread.
Why do you think you'll have to wait until January 1st?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
No.
So is this "VIP" lounge, as per the thread title, meant for SE only?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:34 am

Why do you think you'll have to wait until January 1st?
Whenever it opens then.

If the only reviews permitted are by AC or perhaps CBC I don't trust their accuracy. Independent reviews (be it here or from OMAAT etc...) are generally more fair.

ACs webpage provides plenty of examples of their service. Most do not strike me as completely accurate. Though this is the case with most or all airlines to be fair.

Or perhaps the NDAs being null and void at YYZ events the latter part of December?

Calling it a VIP Lounge does, as yyznomad has pointed out, seem odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.