Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by lallied
I wouldn’t even dare to try. Once I asked if I could sit in the VIP lounge (INT YYZ) for 30 minutes to take a very confidential call when it was completely empty and the lounge was relatively quiet but the business centre was being renovated. I was told in no uncertain terms that despite being SE2 MM and on a full J ticket that I was not a VIP and it would not be countenanced

So slunk off and went outside The VIP lounge remained empty all afternoon. I think you have to be a politician ..?
What lounge is this?
j_the_p likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AC 100K, AC 2MM, SAS Diamond, AA P; Avis CM
Originally Posted by Wings100
What lounge is this?
There is a separate 'VIP' (celebrity/'airline important'/not FF-related) lounge/holding pen to ensure privacy, etc..
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YYZHRE
There is a separate 'VIP' (celebrity/'airline important'/not FF-related) lounge/holding pen to ensure privacy, etc..
I would assume this is to accommodate pax with genuine security requirements too like ex-PM etc.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:24 am

It’s not secure. It just has a standard glass divider. People in there are usually on their own. It’s just VIP
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
When will we hear something official about the new VIP lounge?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Wings100
When will we hear something official about the new VIP lounge?
Tuesday/Wednesday with hopeful open Dec 1
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by canopus27
The lounge is fantastic ... well furnished, with comfortable seating and plenty of amenities. There is a sit down restaurant style service, with a selection of menu items that include several David Hawksworth creations, and finally the option of a properly cooked steak (rare). The wine selection was decent ... nothing to rave about, but pretty solid. Meanwhile Davd Hawksworth won me over with his dessert selections, I had a stunningly good cheescake.

All in all, the lounge was really good ... dramatically better than the old international MLL (which looks hopelessly tired in comparison).

(*) Caveat: Everything I wrote above is entirely made up, as I haven't actually seen the lounge yet ... and I suspect I won't be able to write about it after I have seen it, due to the NDA. So I thought I'd give you a pre-review, based on what I hope it will be
Your preview is remarkably close. It will certainly be a good reason for those eligible for entry to want to travel internationally via YYZ. Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll be accessing it very often.

(Trying to stay on the right side of the NDA :-) )
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Lev
Your preview is remarkably close. It will certainly be a good reason for those eligible for entry to want to travel internationally via YYZ. Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll be accessing it very often.

(Trying to stay on the right side of the NDA :-) )
More comments will be forthcoming from me, when the NDA expires
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AC MM+
Originally Posted by canopus27
More comments will be forthcoming from me, when the NDA expires
...and the date of the expiry of the NDA?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by mamau
It's Confidential!
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Is this only in Toronto?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:43 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Is this only in Toronto?
Given the construction activities, I think the one in YXE may be next.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Given the construction activities, I think the one in YXE may be next.
SWEET! YXE is geographically perfect for a hub... they can war it out with YWG as to who wins!
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by mamau
I would guess Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After the.... oh wait I probably shouldn't finish that thought.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:39 pm
alc

i do think they should make a EYW lounge and only allow those in the top 1000 rank to enter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.