Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by acpccl
I checked again the invitation I received from AC. I couldn't find the NDA in the AC invitation to me!
It wouldn't be in the email.

You'd most likely have to sign one once you arrive.

Added: (nevermind, I see that you read the fine print!)
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
That means you can take pic and post it here, and please know that we would be grateful if you could do so!
And, we won't tell anyone that you did.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Here's my report on the lounge and tonight's event, as filtered through my compliance with the NDA:

The invitation criterion was apparently being a YYZ-based SEMM, but most whom I talked to were 2MM or better. I met a few readers of FT who all said that they were lurkers who never posted. Fifty people have been invited to each of the two previews. No C-suite execs were present; the host was Andrew McFarlane (sp?), the big boss of MLLs, who is stoked about all the MLL renovations and new MLLs that have happened recently or are planned for the next year or two. Also present was Mark Nassar (sp?), head of loyalty programs, who discussed (under NDA, but still rather vaguely) AC's plans for planning the new AC loyalty program.

The lounge itself is very nice. It has nice furniture, nice food, and nice washrooms (I hope it's okay to say that much, Andrew). It will open in two weeks (1st December, as already predicted in this thread), at which time the name, the entry requirements, and the manner and style of services within will all become public knowledge.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Mark Nasr*
Old Nov 17, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Mark Nasr*
One of the various transliterations from Arabic. I would say, same surname as Gamal Abdel Nasser.

Which does not necessarily mean the guy has much of a sense of his name origin.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ever been to the YUL international MLL after 4:30pm? Please don't tell me you think that the food is bad there...
I tried to get into that lounge today . I was on AC 411. The agent said I could NOT access lounge as my departure gate(48) was not considered an international gate.
The Rapidair flight that left from gate 51 would have had pax eligible as gate 50 is the cut-off gate.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
I tried to get into that lounge today . I was on AC 411. The agent said I could NOT access lounge as my departure gate(48) was not considered an international gate.
The Rapidair flight that left from gate 51 would have had pax eligible as gate 50 is the cut-off gate.
I fail to see how your failed attempt to get into YUL international on a domestic flight is relevant to this thread
PFT likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by acysb87
The rule is domestic flight departing from Gate 50 or higher for S100/E75/E50.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
The DYKWIA stuff when 100Ks try and get into Toronto International J lounge will be entertaining if entry is indeed restricted. Not that I have any idea.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:47 am

I wouldn’t even dare to try. Once I asked if I could sit in the VIP lounge (INT YYZ) for 30 minutes to take a very confidential call when it was completely empty and the lounge was relatively quiet but the business centre was being renovated. I was told in no uncertain terms that despite being SE2 MM and on a full J ticket that I was not a VIP and it would not be countenanced

So slunk off and went outside The VIP lounge remained empty all afternoon. I think you have to be a politician ..?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Or have the card.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:37 am

Ah, the VIP card
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I fail to see how your failed attempt to get into YUL international on a domestic flight is relevant to this thread
I had added to nomads comment about food at YUL international lounge . I wanted to try the good food there
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Lowly SEMM based in YYZ who did not get an invite. And I was actually there that day for a flight.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:30 am

Someone should ask them about Deflategate at the next event.
flyquiet and FlyingGnome like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.