Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
It was a buffet style with eggs/omelette made to order. English Bacon, Sausages, Beans and Mushrooms are the bulk of the hot items. Pastries, cereals and some decent cappuccinos also.

Much better offerings than the MLL.
How were the breakfast sausages? What kind were they?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Damn now I want to stay there from breakfast through to dinner!

Except I'd go crazy.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Damn now I want to stay there from breakfast through to dinner!

Except I'd go crazy.
How dare you even suggest that!

You can do leisurely strolls between the SSL and MLL just to keep things exciting. Or go people watch or boarding process watch for kicks and giggles.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
How dare you even suggest that!

You can do leisurely strolls between the SSL and MLL just to keep things exciting. Or go people watch or boarding process watch for kicks and giggles.
5 hours, on my own, was a stretch. Barely survivable with my laptop. Maybe if I'd taken off my shoes and pants and lain down on a couch.

The idea of getting there at ~7am (if I took 754) and leaving at ~8pm (846) is insane.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5 hours, on my own, was a stretch. Barely survivable with my laptop. Maybe if I'd taken off my shoes and pants and lain down on a couch.
You can only do this if the lights remain on. (and R space is available)

The idea of getting there at ~7am (if I took 754) and leaving at ~8pm (846) is insane.
Yes, it is.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
February 3. Make it happen.
Maybe in seven months when I actually have an income to afford the mistake P fares :P

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Jan 24, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Maybe in seven months when I actually have an income to to afford the mistake P fares :P
Can't you just pull a DC?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by YYT82

Can't you just pull a DC?
Then that will probably be his last DO in AC lounges.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

I know someone who spent close to that long in the intl MLL But surely the breakfast stays out a while and dinner menu is available by maybe 4?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

I know someone who spent close to that long in the intl MLL But surely the breakfast stays out a while and dinner menu is available by maybe 4?
Oh so I should just pass the time by eating?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
How were the breakfast sausages? What kind were they?
They were more of an English banger style sausage. They were good....a bit salty though.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
suggestions for improvement :

- reading materials : in addition to the usual dailies, perhaps some quality stuff like Economist, GQ etc. Dont make me walk over to MLL for them.
- some self serve drinks .. while i like the idea of a staffed bar and table service, sometimes i just want to walk over and get a drink all by myself
- loungers/quiet room : I like the beds in FRA Sen lounge/TK and others. the Sig Suite is designed for stays 2-3 hours, not long layovers. the better premium lounges have amenities for J class pax who might be stuck in it for 5+ hours. the main features of this lounge is the food and a bar. thats it ? its not a lounge, its a restaurant.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:33 pm

Interesting question on this survey. I did NOT use the MLL. I used the SS.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by karachi
- reading materials : in addition to the usual dailies, perhaps some quality stuff like Economist, GQ etc. Dont make me walk over to MLL for them.
A few people said this now. I can't even remember the last physical news paper or magazine I read. I have a phone. I have a laptop. I didn't even notice they were missing.

Maybe it's a generational thing.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by D404
A few people said this now. I can't even remember the last physical news paper or magazine I read. I have a phone. I have a laptop. I didn't even notice they were missing.

Maybe it's a generational thing.
IMHO, it is more about how one consumes media.

As for reading material, in another thread last year, I posted how other airlines not only offer digital publications to download before a trip, but some offer it in their lounges. I have yet to post the awesome app and publications I had access to on my most recent SQ flights. LX offered it as well, but number of titles were based on one's status etc.

This is from the CX forum Nov 2017

Originally Posted by nm761
I've seen that CX have been offering digital magazines and newspapers via PressReader in lounges, and now it appears to be have been integrated into the app. Great selection of titles to read!^

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...essReader.html
I really hope that AC could move forward in this area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.