Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gabdusch
I've been to both and I'd say that the AC Signature Suite wins over the Polaris Lounge due to plenty of small but important details. I'll do my best to describe what stood out the most to me:

The Polaris lounge is very nice and a huge step up over anything else UA has ever offered (obviously), and it's bigger and has more facilities (i.e. showers) than The Suite. It's indeed a more well-rounded experience if you're looking for the full service.

However, if you're looking for a great pre-flight dining experience, then AC wins here. I thought the food quality and portion size were better in The Suite, service more attentive (due to the lounge being much less crowded) and my food came out faster. They really went for the true restaurant experience as the main concept governing this lounge, whereas the Polaris lounge "just" integrates dining into a nice airline lounge.

Both lounges have a nice décor and ambiance but again I'd give a slight edge to AC for a more refined ambiance and higher end decoration. The only advantage UA has on this point are tarmac views which there are none with AC. But, see my next point about feeling in an airport.

A quiet, relaxing space to escape the hustle & bustle of the airport is one of the features I appreciate the most in a lounge, and again AC wins here due to the more stringent access requirements. The Polaris lounge can be very crowded and that detracts from a relaxing experience. The Polaris lounge still feels like an airline lounge, whereas I almost forgot I was in an airport during my stay at the Signature Suite.

I did not try mixed drinks in neither. AC has two Moët brut & rosé champagnes, while UA has Veuve yellow label & Moët rosé. Toss up here.

Bottom line, both are fine lounges but the Signature Suite feels more like a good First Class lounge while the Polaris Lounge is a great Business Class lounge.

My 2cents.
I went once to the Polaris lounge at ORD.

Not yet been to the AC Signature Suite.

Two deficiencies with Polaris lounge- no reading material (newspapers or magazines - but the Polaris lounge agent stated one get request that then and there - and you will get it free of charge). No PCs (I carry no cell phones/ipads/tablets/laptops).

Maybe a third deficiency - for those like me with no cell phone - no phones to make local or toll-free calls.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't know why you'd think "full J". It could just as easily have been P.

But yes, he was rebooked into a revenue fare class, which gave him access.

This is fully in line with the access rules listed on the website and in this wiki, so it's not "other ways".

I've seen it go both ways.

Rebooked in Y, 2 credits used for a transcon, posts as G.
Rebooked in Y, 2 credits used for a transcon, posts as Y.
Rebooked from R to P, posts as G.
Rebooked from R to P, posts as P.

Though it's been posting more as the original fare lately.

Either way, if the system sees JCDZP, I can't see them not letting you into the SS.

Though maybe they should be checking the fare basis code too
What @canadiancow says.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:51 pm

Thinking about it, the only expansion on access I think might be good would be allowing Aeroplan redemption Biz ticket holders when they are flying with a paid Biz companion. I can see it being a somewhat common occurrence when using miles for SO to travel with one.

Just 0.02c
eracerblue and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:09 pm

Flights to DEL & BOM qualify for entry?
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mileageking
Flights to DEL & BOM qualify for entry?
Yes...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:40 pm

Yes...
Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mileageking
Thanks
It was in the wiki at the very top of this thread.....

International Business Class customers on an Air Canada flight (travelling to Europe, Asia and South America) booked in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
It was in the wiki at the very top of this thread.....
Missed that, thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
I've been to the suite a couple of times this month - other than the suggestions for a quiet room, magazines etc., the food is good. i tried the anchovy, cheese/tomato and a couple of other items. serving drinks at your table is very nice as well.

reinforces my view that this is not a J class lounge - its a restaurant.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM Fairmont presidents club
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
The younger folks on here will have missed that humor...............by this much.
Your a SE for Life you should be automatically granted everything. I mean seriously. As an example, im very close to MM and last year flew 200k miles and spent almost 50k to do it. So say its 250-300k per million miles, for a 3 million miler (or more?) yeah I'd say you qualify as somebody who should be entitled to all of the best that AC has to offer. I'm not there yet, but even after spending around $275k on AC so far, yeah, I think there should be some grandfathered perks. I get there has to be a line drawn somewhere and that even newly minted SE's need to earn their stripes, but MM+, yeah. Loyalty is above and beyond.

Don't normally post here, but after going to the lounge and finding out some of the details about it I was a little choked. Come to find out that a Concierge who shall forever remain nameless suggested I join the board and demand some change as even he, as an employee seems to think that air canada's most loyal members should be recognized with aircanada's best and not with its "rest"

As of the end of this month, flown 60k miles. going to be a crazy year!

CHeers to all!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by threevic
So you're on track for 360K AQM for 2018?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Your a SE for Life you should be automatically granted everything. I mean seriously. As an example, im very close to MM and last year flew 200k miles and spent almost 50k to do it. So say its 250-300k per million miles, for a 3 million miler (or more?) yeah I'd say you qualify as somebody who should be entitled to all of the best that AC has to offer. I'm not there yet, but even after spending around $275k on AC so far, yeah, I think there should be some grandfathered perks. I get there has to be a line drawn somewhere and that even newly minted SE's need to earn their stripes, but MM+, yeah. Loyalty is above and beyond.

Don't normally post here, but after going to the lounge and finding out some of the details about it I was a little choked. Come to find out that a Concierge who shall forever remain nameless suggested I join the board and demand some change as even he, as an employee seems to think that air canada's most loyal members should be recognized with aircanada's best and not with its "rest"

CHeers to all!
There are regularly fares published that would earn you MM for $50k, all in paid J. Just because YOU spend a lot to earn MM doesn't mean everyone does.

I don't think there's space to let in every SE, but then this gets back to the posts upthread where "everyone at my level and higher should be allowed in".
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM Fairmont presidents club
Originally Posted by yyznomad
So you're on track for 360K AQM for 2018?
oh, I really hope not. Part of me wants to him my 1 MM by the 26th of May this year as it will be my 8th year with AC. 2 of those years I didnt really fly, such as the time around my son being born. I'll realistically clock in 250k miles. probably 85% Y and 15% J. This is why I'm choked about the Signature lounge because guys like me still spend some pretty big cash, I just do it on more flights.

I'm ultimately gunning for 3mm I think the status would be a great gift to give my son that as a gift for his 18th.

anyways, rambling

cheers all.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oh, I really hope not. Part of me wants to him my 1 MM by the 26th of May this year as it will be my 8th year with AC. 2 of those years I didnt really fly, such as the time around my son being born. I'll realistically clock in 250k miles. probably 85% Y and 15% J. This is why I'm choked about the Signature lounge because guys like me still spend some pretty big cash, I just do it on more flights.
So is this mostly for work, or you just don't like flying?

I'm ultimately gunning for 3mm I think the status would be a great gift to give my son that as a gift for his 18th.
At 2MM I was able to gift Lifetime E50K to someone.

At 3MM there is no additional Lifetime gifting that I'm aware of other than if you hadn't gifted the one you were afforded once hitting 2MM...

It would be nice for AC to allow at least 3MM entry to the SSL, but as several have noted, time will tell if and when AC will relax the entry rules.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
I will spend $50k this year with AC and I think they should buy me a Ferrari.
canadiancow and longtimeflyin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.