Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Bartolo
@gabdusch
Thanks for the pic of the new menu and your food report. Must confess I’m disappointed about the disappearance of the fois gras and the dessert that many raved about (name escapes me at the moment, butterscotch something?).

Shortly making my first visit to the SSL and was really looking forward to the dish. I understand the importance of changing the menu from time to time but....

New menu doesn’t look as interesting as the original one. Still, undoubtedly much better experience than the MML.
Agree. The foie gras was outstanding and the dessert dish your are referring to was the Salted Caramel Pot de Crème. It was delicious and I posted about it upthread.

And LOL yes, I'll take this new menu any day over the best MLL food.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
I'm quite honestly surprised they haven't really changed the menu since inception. Yes, a first world problem to be even mentioning this but just thought I'd point that out.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:34 am

Is this lounge worth the connection in YYZ vs. flying direct to sample it, especially for a flight leaving at 1pm?

Looking at a trip to PVG and have the choice of flying direct YUL-PVG or flying YUL-YYZ-PVG for the same price, and only advantage I see for YYZ is trying the signature suite for an early lunch/late breakfast
Old May 6, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, Marriott Platinum... Previously AC*SE100K, Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador
If I am flying Turkish Airlines Business Class to Istanbul out of Pearson, will I be eligible to enter the new AC Signature Suite lounge?
Old May 6, 2018, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cager
If I am flying Turkish Airlines Business Class to Istanbul out of Pearson, will I be eligible to enter the new AC Signature Suite lounge?

At the top of the thread in the wiki (bolding mine):

"International Business Class customers on an Air Canada flight (travelling to Europe, Asia and South America) booked in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards) will be excluded. Eligible customers will not be allowed guests. Employee tickets are prohibited access."
Old May 6, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I'm quite honestly surprised they haven't really changed the menu since inception. Yes, a first world problem to be even mentioning this but just thought I'd point that out.
Compare Posts # 1021 & 1151.
Menus are completely different.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:55 am

First try recently. Food was excellent. Did seem quite full, though not MLL full I guess. Great service. Lack of showers is a definite shame. Lack of a roof on some of the space seems an odd choice re:noise.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:20 am
Suspended

The dinnerware looks interesting

I like the looks of the dark plates in the various pictures in this thread and elsewhere. I realize that taste is very subjective but are these plates as nice in real life as they are in the pics?
Has anyone looked to see what brand they are? If anyone feels like looking for me, I would be extremely grateful.
Old May 14, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
I like the looks of the dark plates in the various pictures in this thread and elsewhere. I realize that taste is very subjective but are these plates as nice in real life as they are in the pics?
Has anyone looked to see what brand they are? If anyone feels like looking for me, I would be extremely grateful.
Rosenthal
Old May 14, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wisti
Rosenthal
Welcome to FT (as your first post).
Old May 14, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rosenthal
Ah. Our favorite. But in white...
Old May 14, 2018, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Rosenthal
Thank you very much! Your first post, one word, and it's very helpful. Welcome.

They seem to be the Junto Stoneware line from Rosenthal in case anyone else wants to know. I'm going to have to go see these IRL to see if we like them.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Bonvoy & IHG Plat, Hertz Pres Circ
Originally Posted by 24left
I've always believed that the main group the Signature Suite was designed for are the afternoon-evening TATL customers. The food is more dramatic than breakfast and of course one can have a drink (not the case for those departing on AC 15 at 10:00 am, due to nanny-state Ontario etc with the 11:00 am rules).

These customers - especially to destinations like LHR, CDG, FRA, MUC and similar - have relatively short flight times. Having dinner in the Suite allows them to maximize sleep time if they want. I think this concept is a great idea.
This.

Hawksworth's burger is enough to "tide one over" without on-board dinner.

Cheers
AV8
Old May 17, 2018, 10:57 pm

Does anyone know if access is granted to travellers on an international P (business lowest) itinerary travelling from YYZ to the international destination via a domestic airport (i.e. YYZ -> YVR -> NRT all ticketed in P)? If memory serves me correctly domestic and international flights are housed in the same area of T1 at YYZ so I'm guessing technically I can just walk to the Signature Lounge.

Thanks in advance,

James
Old May 17, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Does anyone know if access is granted to travellers on an international P (business lowest) itinerary travelling from YYZ to the international destination via a domestic airport (i.e. YYZ -> YVR -> NRT all ticketed in P)? If memory serves me correctly domestic and international flights are housed in the same area of T1 at YYZ so I'm guessing technically I can just walk to the Signature Lounge.

Thanks in advance,

James
No domestic / international are separate at YYZ. You would have to use the domestic lounge, you can't get to Signature suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.