Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: SE100K
Was a nice change

It was a nice change from the MLL lounge. Quite and spacious. Nice to have a decent meal before flying and the passing out on the plane for a long haul. I am not much for the sp

Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: SE100K
Sorry spirits, but there was a decent selection along with Moët. The coffee iPad thing was neat looking.

The people working there are really nice.

Thanks for this as the MLL is truly awful.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'm flying Paid J to CDG (work) and my wife is tagging along. We booked her in Flex and upgraded with my points. Same booking.

Is it true she is not allowed in the SS with me? (read: is it true I don't get to go to the SS?)

I'm usually quite happy with the wine and pre-flight snacks at the bar at Lee Kitchen (MLL blah), but ....
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AskTravis
I'm flying Paid J to CDG (work) and my wife is tagging along. We booked her in Flex and upgraded with my points. Same booking.

Is it true she is not allowed in the SS with me? (read: is it true I don't get to go to the SS?)

I'm usually quite happy with the wine and pre-flight snacks at the bar at Lee Kitchen (MLL blah), but ....
You can try the following order of things:

1) See if they will let her in with you.
2) See if they will let her go in your place.
3) Walk your wife back to the Lee Kitchen, then walk back to the SS and enjoy.
FlyingFelix likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Or just accept the rules, and not waste everyone's time trying to get them to break the rules.
imverge, gcashin, 24left and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Or just accept the rules, and not waste everyone's time trying to get them to break the rules.
Thanks - my question was "do I have the rule right" vs. "how do I work around it" as interpreted it seems.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by AskTravis
Thanks - my question was "do I have the rule right" vs. "how do I work around it" as interpreted it seems.
The AC web page for the Signature Suite says (bolding mine), and also posted in the wiki:

*International Business Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P.
All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan®Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers will not be allowed guests. Employee tickets are prohibited access.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:07 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
For the first time in the lounge.

OMG - it is SMALL...I think anyone who thinks that additional groups of passengers are to be able to get access, should stop dreaming...

Food is spectacular, staff nice.

I will be there for the next 3 hours or so (long connection), if there is any FT'er in the lounge right now, I am seating by the window wearing a green Lacoste hoodie and Diesel ripped jeans
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by 24left
The AC web page for the Signature Suite says (bolding mine), and also posted in the wiki:

*International Business Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P.
All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan®Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers will not be allowed guests. Employee tickets are prohibited access.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
Puts Lufthansa First Class Terminal access rules to shame, right? Who needs an actual three-class F product when you can just have the rules.

Germans being more generous than Canadians..
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Trying to "bend" the rules is different than breaking the rules.
I am familiar with "exceptions" being made for "exceptional circumstances." (I was not the exception, for the record)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by keitherson
Puts Lufthansa First Class Terminal access rules to shame, right? Who needs an actual three-class F product when you can just have the rules.

Germans being more generous than Canadians..
Germans are not ones to go out of their way to bend the rules.

I think this is more a problem with the airport design. They are working with the space that is available to them.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by acysb87
Trying to "bend" the rules is different than breaking the rules.......
Respectfully, disagree. Air Canada established the rules. They seem clear and yet there are still those who are trying to find a way to access it for themselves or others travelling with them when one or more do not have the required paid J tickets.

I've always believed that the main group the Signature Suite was designed for are the afternoon-evening TATL customers. The food is more dramatic than breakfast and of course one can have a drink (not the case for those departing on AC 15 at 10:00 am, due to nanny-state Ontario etc with the 11:00 am rules).

These customers - especially to destinations like LHR, CDG, FRA, MUC and similar - have relatively short flight times. Having dinner in the Suite allows them to maximize sleep time if they want. I think this concept is a great idea.

Also, from my own personal experiences, I am one of many who fly TPAC and mostly via YVR, either due to schedule, availability or YVR is the departure point for those TPAC flights. As such, I do not have access to the Suite because it is in the international area and because my outbound is on a domestic transcon. It would have been nice for those of us on paid J international tickets that depart from another Canadian city, to have access, but I accept the limitations. Perhaps if AC can get it done, YVR will have a Suite or similar.

Last edited by 24left; Apr 9, 2018 at 8:39 am
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Respectfully, disagree. Air Canada established the rules. They seem clear and yet there are still those who are trying to find a way to access it for themselves or others travelling with them when one or more do not have the required paid J tickets.

I've always believed that the main group the Signature Suite was designed for are the afternoon-evening TATL customers. The food is more dramatic than breakfast and of course one can have a drink (not the case for those departing on AC 15 at 10:00 am, due to nanny-state Ontario etc with the 11:00 am rules).

These customers - especially to destinations like LHR, CDG, FRA, MUC and similar - have relatively short flight times. Having dinner in the Suite allows them to maximize sleep time if they want. I think this concept is a great idea.

Also, from my own personal experiences, I am one of many who fly TPAC and mostly via YVR, either due to schedule, availability or YVR is the departure point for those TPAC flights. As such, I do not have access to the Suite because it is in the international area and because my outbound is on a domestic transcon. It would have been nice for those of us on paid J international tickets that depart from another Canadian city, to have access, but I accept the limitations. Perhaps if AC can get it done, YVR will have a Suite or similar.
There are rules , I would be a stickler for them like you. I get it and like you, flew TPAC in a fare class that would allow entry but was connecting at YVR.
There will always be special considerations, and the rules will get massaged as time and experiences come along.
If I have a 3+ hour wait, I prefer heading off site to Ginko for some sushi.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: TK *G
Same here. I mainly travel TPAC via YVR. It would be great if AC opens another SSL at YVR. The regular MLL is way too crowded around noon, an additional lounge would be nice. Or does AC think TPAC passengers are not as premium as TATL?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The first one had to be built somewhere. It could have been through detailed analysis, flipping a coin, or seeing when the airport authorities can do the construction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.