Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I would guess Wednesday or Thursday of next week. After the.... oh wait I probably shouldn't finish that thought.
They are briefing the media and (a lot of) bloggers next Monday/Tuesday. I'd expect the NDA to lift very shortly after that.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by rehoult
They are briefing the media and (a lot of) bloggers next Monday/Tuesday. I'd expect the NDA to lift very shortly after that.
Where have they said they are doing that? If that is something that was heard from someone inside the lounge that may or may not exist, it would be part of the NDA and therefore not open for discussion.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Where have they said they are doing that? If that is something that was heard from someone inside the lounge that may or may not exist, it would be part of the NDA and therefore not open for discussion.
They have invited every blogger with a pulse, and half of those without one, so it's not exactly a secret.

Edit: Also, I was really happy to see that they held the SEMM event before the media briefings. That was a nice outreach to some of their best customers IMO.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Is this only in Toronto?
Yes, at least for now. If wildly successful, I would expect them to do something similar in YVR and possibly eventually YUL.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
"I do not recall or cannot comment under NDA" does NOT go over extremely well when the nexus lanes at the bridge crossing are closed.

Would be more fun to go with: "neuralized, like from MIB" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuralyzer

Last edited by expert7700; Nov 24, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
They have invited every blogger with a pulse, and half of those without one, so it's not exactly a secret.

Edit: Also, I was really happy to see that they held the SEMM event before the media briefings. That was a nice outreach to some of their best customers IMO.
i wonder if Ben (lucky) got an invite
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Given the construction activities, I think the one in YXE may be next.
The upstairs of YVR international was closed on Wednesday with a lot of construction workers coming and going.

And there's no way I can't see YVR getting an equivalent lounge.

So...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The upstairs of YVR international was closed on Wednesday with a lot of construction workers coming and going.

So...
They're not the centre of the universe.....
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow

So...
That's going to be the business center for the international YVR MLL.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:53 pm

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle37117575/

Apologies if this has been posted already.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Lucky also has posted about it.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...suite-toronto/
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by smallmj
Which interesting enough also states:

" “Paid” business class in this case is defined as those paying cash for tickets — award passengers and upgrades aren’t eligible for access. Elite status won’t get you access to the lounge either."

Not unexpected entry requirements, but nice to see some confirmation before it opens...
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Interesting that they hosted a SE event and access is only limited to paid Biz...

Does it look like it will be big enough if there are 90 people there ?

Last edited by xray; Nov 28, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by xray
Looks like any NDA is now null and void... or unnecessary.
NDA lifted at 5:30 EDT today.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:20 pm

Entry requirements at the very bottom of the page on ac.com

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html

*International Business Class customers on an Air Canada flight (travelling to Europe, Asia and South America) booked in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards) will be excluded. Eligible customers will not be allowed guests. Employee tickets are prohibited access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.