FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:51 pm
ACYYZ/SD

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by songsc
I am aware that Late Night Express Dinner has been first introduced on PLH flight, then four TATL flights departing past 10pm, and now all flights departing past 10pm, as many people (me included) want to get more rest rather than eating.

If AC keep the J catering the way it is, then this is definitely a major improvement to international J pax departing YYZ.
There have been many posts here over the years indicating that the service times in J take too long. I recently operated a departure verging on midnight and here's some data:

Out of 30J Pax 27 opted for dinner. I found this to be an unusually high number, but perhaps it was because we emphasized "quick and hot", this may have impacted the numbers. 4 of the 27 drifted off, 3 more declined the hot after having ordered it. In all, the service which comprised beverage of choice, complete meal, hot beverages & liqueurs was wrapped up in 1 hour and 5 minutes - lights out. It also freed up 2 Crew members to assist and accelerate the service in Y.