Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Cabin
Status
Fare class
Check-in time

That's it.

And 2MM isn't a status. You're SE or SM.
SE2MM don't get priority over SEMM?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
SE2MM don't get priority over SEMM?
No.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:48 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
No.
I actually asked this specific question to the concierges last week in Montreal and they told me that the system will recognize a SE2MM over SEMM, but that the boarding pass will only show MM and not 2MM

I will ask again in a few hours the Hong Kong concierges upon my departure.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
I actually asked this specific question to the concierges last week in Montreal and they told me that the system will recognize a SE2MM over SEMM, but that the boarding pass will only show MM and not 2MM

Forget "asking". That assumes the concierges know.

Ask for your onload priority code.

It's going to be K**SM or KO**SM depending on whether or not you have a connection (which is also why people used to think "connections have higher priority" - it shows in the priority code, even though it's not taken into account).

That's the same as a 1MM or a 3MM.

I would be K**SE or KO**SE.

On another matter, I actually almost made a new EYW shirt this year with just KO**SE on it, but it was suggested to me that not even the GAs would get it
Old Nov 10, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Ask for your onload priority code.

It's going to be K**SM or KO**SM depending on whether or not you have a connection (which is also why people used to think "connections have higher priority" - it shows in the priority code, even though it's not taken into account).

That's the same as a 1MM or a 3MM.

I would be K**SE or KO**SE.
I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC "connecting" was one of the factors back in the paper upgrade certs days.

IIRC pax who'd successfully upgraded on segment 1 had a higher upgrade priority for segment 2 vs. if they had just booked that segment.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jsfrSE

Pay attention to the screen when you get your BP scanned during boarding as a 2 or 3MM. It will say Million Miler but won't specify what kind. Same goes at check in. These are just examples of where the user interface does not distinguish the MM tiers.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'm not 100% sure, but IIRC "connecting" was one of the factors back in the paper upgrade certs days.

IIRC pax who'd successfully upgraded on segment 1 had a higher upgrade priority for segment 2 vs. if they had just booked that segment.
I think he was canadiancalf when the paper certs were in use.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Pay attention to the screen when you get your BP scanned during boarding as a 2 or 3MM. It will say Million Miler but won't specify what kind. Same goes at check in. These are just examples of where the user interface does not distinguish the MM tiers.
​​​​​​ is there any functional difference between being a 2mm or a 3mm when traveling?

Meal priority?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
​​​​​​ is there any functional difference between being a 2mm or a 3mm when traveling?

Meal priority?
Concierge priority?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diabeetus

Meal priority?
Not that I know of. But perhaps this is due to no system difference.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94
Concierge priority?
Technically, no.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
I think that assumption was based on the fact that someone connecting to a flight can potentially have a lower sequence number than someone originating with that same flight, since the first person is able to check-in earlier.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I think he was canadiancalf when the paper certs were in use.

Isn't it only, like, 5.5 years ago? (IIRC e-upgrades were introduced in 03/2012)
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Isn't it only, like, 5.5 years ago? (IIRC e-upgrades were introduced in 03/2012)
Gotta miss the old days

Use a SWU for a SSUW upgrade days

leaving the cert in your bag in case the GA doesn't ask for it

Getting the more often, especially for overseas trips.

They were good times
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Talk about FOTSG questions. This will be my first time trying to use eUps for a flight that is R0, I usually travel so last-minute that I'll pick the flights with positive R space.

So, if my flight is in 8 days, and it's J9 R0, do I just request it now, and hope for a pleasant surprise at the gate, or is there any particular strategy to this? If I don't get the upgrade until the gate, how is the co-pay handled?

SYD-YVR, I'm currently booked in PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.