Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Request it now.

Set an alert for R space on EF (or just keep checking manually). If R opens up, cancel your request and request again.

Otherwise, it will go to the gate, and you'll be pretty high on the list.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Copay is charged once you board in J. If not, it's never charged. Not even pre-auth IIRC.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
SYD-YVR, I'm currently booked in PE.
Are you booked in N or O fare in PE?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by mileageking
Are you booked in N or O fare in PE?
N

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Copay is charged once you board in J. If not, it's never charged. Not even pre-auth IIRC.
What, like they'll run my credit card at my seat?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary

What, like they'll run my credit card at my seat?

You put the info in, but the card is only charged if you get a J boarding pass. No idea what happens if you are given a J boarding pass, but then bumped back down to Y
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
You put the info in, but the card is only charged if you get a J boarding pass. No idea what happens if you are given a J boarding pass, but then bumped back down to Y
I believe you want to ensure / attempt to get a new BP as someone on here had issues trying to get a refund/eUps back in this case. My search skills are not up to this challenge.

At the very least, it's an email to AC CS.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by jc94
I believe you want to ensure / attempt to get a new BP as someone on here had issues trying to get a refund/eUps back in this case. My search skills are not up to this challenge.

At the very least, it's an email to AC CS.
"I will sit in the seat that is printed on my boarding pass"

It's hard to say no to that request, but if they try, "I need to make sure I'm recorded as being in the cabin I actually occupy, to ensure I have no issue getting a refund or compensation for this downgrade"
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
"I will sit in the seat that is printed on my boarding pass"

It's hard to say no to that request, but if they try, "I need to make sure I'm recorded as being in the cabin I actually occupy, to ensure I have no issue getting a refund or compensation for this downgrade"
Any idea what the guy you booted out of J got? In terms of a BP?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:34 pm

Any idea what the guy you booted out of J got? In terms of a BP?
I do not know, but I know my BP was reprinted with 2C on it, which means they had to have been reseated into Y in DCS.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:30 am

Hmm, is this new:

Originally Posted by Air Canada Website
When requesting an eUpgrade to Business Class, you will always be offered the option to sit in the best available seat. For instance, if you originally requested an eUpgrade to Business Class, but there are no Business Class seats available at flight departure, and seats in Premium Economy are available, you will automatically be given a seat in Premium Economy. The eUgrapde requirements will be naturally adjusted accordingly.
It sounds like if your Y->J waitlist doesn't clear, it'll automatically put you into PY if available. Or has this always been the case and the issue just is there may have been PY availability at t- whatever that you missed out on due to being waitlisted.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:59 am

Hmm, is this new:

It sounds like if your Y->J waitlist doesn't clear, it'll automatically put you into PY if available. Or has this always been the case and the issue just is there may have been PY availability at t- whatever that you missed out on due to being waitlisted.
That's always been the case, and the way it works really sucks.

They process PY/Y to J, then Y to PY, then failed Y to J into PY.

Which means a P25K on an K fare waitlisted for PY will be ahead of an SE on a Y fare waitlisted for J.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's always been the case, and the way it works really sucks.

They process PY/Y to J, then Y to PY, then failed Y to J into PY.

Which means a P25K on an K fare waitlisted for PY will be ahead of an SE on a Y fare waitlisted for J.
Ah. Well that is just flawed then. Why am I surprised Maybe this could be an actual enhancement.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC E50K
P availability / married segnments

Hi!

First post here. Amazed at the wealth of knowledge in this forum, you folks know your stuff!

I'm flying from Santiago-Toronto-Vancouver this Saturday/Sunday in PY flexible (O class, flights AC93 & AC103). I have requested an upgrade an am currently wait listed for the intl portion. When I check P availability on ExpertFlyer for the Santiago-Toronto segment, P=1 but when I check the same for the entire journey, the same segment shows as P=0. I called AC to try to push it through, but to no avail. My question: is it normal to have different P availability based on a different final destination? If I keep trying the HUCA strategy, is there any chance of success or would I be spinning my wheels.

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingGnome

My question: is it normal to have different P availability based on a different final destination? If I keep trying the HUCA strategy, is there any chance of success or would I be spinning my wheels.

Thanks!
Simply put, yes, it differs. Think of the entire one way journey (with legal connections, as in your case) as a city pair product.

And welcome to FT.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Hmm, is this new:

This happened to me recently for AC126 when there were no J seats left, but they actually called those on the J waitlist up to the desk and asked each individually if they wanted an upgrade to PY. There were only middle seats left so a lot of people said no (myself included - had an exit row so it wasn't THAT bad) but they called at least 9 people up (I was 6 on the waitlist) to ask them. So in that case it wasn't so "automatic"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.