Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
Is it basically impossible to eup on FRA-YYZ flights? Does R space ever open up/do loads end up filling up 2 weeks out?
Flying in 18 days and showing J4 C1 the rest at zero on EF, though EF also showing 17 unfilled seats. It's never really an issue to/from MUC. Appreciate any insight.
I've flown that route dozens of times and it very much depends on the day/flight. I've seen J completely sold out more than a week in advance (AC877 on a Thurs, AC873 and AC877 on a Fri and AC877 on a Sun tend to be worst IME) while I've also seen R>0 at the 7 day upgrade window (usually for mid-week flights and AC877 on a Sat)

Upgrade odds are also much worse on those days on which there's only one AC FRA-YYZ flight instead of the usual two (some years AC877 has only been 4-5x/week).
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Is it basically impossible to eup on FRA-YYZ flights? Does R space ever open up/do loads end up filling up 2 weeks out?
Flying in 18 days and showing J4 C1 the rest at zero on EF, though EF also showing 17 unfilled seats. It's never really an issue to/from MUC. Appreciate any insight.
AC873 FRAYYZ on 20MAR is currently J9 C9 D9 Z9 P4 R6, so certainly quite possible to eUp. The same flight a week earlier (10 days away now) is R9, as are AC873 the day before and the day after, all within a two week window. So I don't think it's impossible at all.

bawm
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bawm
AC873 FRAYYZ on 20MAR is currently J9 C9 D9 Z9 P4 R6, so certainly quite possible to eUp. The same flight a week earlier (10 days away now) is R9, as are AC873 the day before and the day after, all within a two week window. So I don't think it's impossible at all.

bawm
I'm on the 22nd. It's telling me all of Y is sold out too.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
I'm on the 22nd. It's telling me all of Y is sold out too.
Indeed that flight looks quite full. But the answer to your first question of "Is it basically impossible to eup on FRA-YYZ flights?" is a clear "no", and that R space certainly is open when seats are available.

bawm
Old May 17, 2018, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I waitlisted a YYZ-SFO flight for two people right at T-14. Comfort G fare.

The flight was J9.

Around T-12.5, it cleared, and the flight is now J8.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: *G
AC 33: R space YYZ-SYD vs YVR-SYD

I'm looking at an AC 33 that is currently RO from YYZ but R9 from YVR. But It is not possible to grab the latter since the ticket is from YYZ. Last time I flew this route, I took a different flight to YVR, so my upgrade was based on departing YVR - and that time the YYZ pax got all the upgrades. Looks like the shoe is on the other foot this time. (It's those pesky WS pax filling up the YYZ-YVR leg!)
Old May 21, 2018, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fin 645
I'm looking at an AC 33 that is currently RO from YYZ but R9 from YVR. But It is not possible to grab the latter since the ticket is from YYZ. Last time I flew this route, I took a different flight to YVR, so my upgrade was based on departing YVR - and that time the YYZ pax got all the upgrades. Looks like the shoe is on the other foot this time. (It's those pesky WS pax filling up the YYZ-YVR leg!)
I tried this before flying AC33 YYZSYD and it didn't work. But that was awhile ago. I've since avoided booking AC33/34 domestically when going to/from SYD.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
YUL - NRT this Friday. First direct flight (AC005).

Paid Flex (V) back in October, when the flight opened for booking. Decided to press my luck.

Now it seems not only am I on the inaugural flight, but also the mayor will be on with a commercial delegation from Montreal going to explore opportunities for business in Japan. Wonder if that will degrade the service if I ever get the upgrade. With all those VIPs on board and the media circus around them...

Anyhow, R0 and J3 for the last few days... I've been waitlisted since trying to eupgrade at opening (-7 SE)... Flight will go to airport control in just over 24 hours... Here's hoping. Will post how it goes

Incidentally, seat plan shows 7 seats open... any thoughts? Seats for added crew / technical since first Montreal flight? Or just basic mystery to me of people in J not having reserved a seat?!?
Old May 30, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by LeisureMiler
YUL - NRT this Friday. First direct flight (AC005).

Paid Flex (V) back in October, when the flight opened for booking. Decided to press my luck.

Now it seems not only am I on the inaugural flight, but also the mayor will be on with a commercial delegation from Montreal going to explore opportunities for business in Japan. Wonder if that will degrade the service if I ever get the upgrade. With all those VIPs on board and the media circus around them...

Anyhow, R0 and J3 for the last few days... I've been waitlisted since trying to eupgrade at opening (-7 SE)... Flight will go to airport control in just over 24 hours... Here's hoping. Will post how it goes

Incidentally, seat plan shows 7 seats open... any thoughts? Seats for added crew / technical since first Montreal flight? Or just basic mystery to me of people in J not having reserved a seat?!?
Business travelers or indeed anyone using a TA, Concur, CWT or whatever often don't end up showing an assigned seat.
Just because I always get the booking code and attempt to amend it when I can doesn't mean everyone does, especially those you travel far more
Old May 30, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
"Welcome to the inaugural YUL-NRT flight, featuring the Mayor of Montreal in J, paid for by the citizens of Alberta"
LeisureMiler likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jazzsax
"Welcome to the inaugural YUL-NRT flight, featuring the Mayor of Montreal in J, paid for by the citizens of Alberta"
Is that flight operated by Air Canada or Kinder Morgan (Government of Canada)?
Bohemian1 and jc94 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Been monitoring ACr 1674, Oct 9, for a while now. eUpd the inbound CX and two return flights this Friday at Friday-14. Today at T-24:57, it was J3 C3 D3 Z2 P2 R0 Y9..... I was the top of the 1 person waitlist at T-24. Seat map had 3 empty seats, for what that (isn't) worth.

Has since gone to J0. And an hour or so later, someone in front of me, checked, on the upgrade list. And now, someone else in front of me, unchecked on the waitlist.

I'm 95% sure the waitlist is ...SORT BY STATUS_BUCKET, LNAME.... but actually processed ...SORT BY MAGIC()...

meh.

Also, getting "PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE" for Jr seatmap, but Y is fine.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You don't appear on the list until you're checked in. The confirmed upgrades are sorted by name. The waitlisted upgrades are sorted by onload priority.

No part of your experience seems odd.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I'm in the midst of my first R waitlist because I'm a rookie at all things FF.

It's mildly stressful, though it shouldn't be. J4 with 15 hours to go. Currently 1st on list but many still to check in.

I have noticed YVR Int'l departures have lots of people that check in at gate. I suspect it is to get the Fast Track sticker on the BP since the security folk insist on it and don't care about status.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.