Wiki Posts
Search

The R Games

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Good luck!
Success?? (Quickly checks Deflategate wiki for seat 3G on Fin 803)
BlondeBomber likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:43 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
R - always atleast 1 , or not

Been monitoring a Rouge flight, 319 with 12 j seats for past 5 weeks. Been JZDP 9 and R0 the entire time.
Flight is now 4 days out.
Do some flights never have R even if no seats are sold in J cabin?

Had a Lat pass booked for this but changed it to flex a week ago since I figured the e-up would open.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:49 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RZR
Been monitoring a Rouge flight, 319 with 12 j seats for past 5 weeks. Been JZDP 9 and R0 the entire time.

Had a Lat pass booked for this but changed it to flex a week ago since I figured the e-up would open.
Depending on the route, 4 days out is a long time. A lot of travel bookings can happen within 1 or 2 days of a flight.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by RZR

And I got Premium Rouge confirmed on a Flex fare less than week out (for later this week) on a cabin about half full. AC RM has an algorithm running somewhere that decides on R space, I'm guessing based on the route and the day of week and month of year they decided to keep R open on my flight and not yours. Obviously your chances of clearing are high, barring a last minute run on seats.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
At any given time leading up to the subject flight? Not necessarily.
What's the J inventory history of the flight in question?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:42 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
My upgrade just cleared. R is still 0. The JDCZP dropped by one.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
My upgrade just cleared. R is still 0. The JDCZP dropped by one.
Sounds like status quo.
Glad that worked out for you! ^
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sounds like status quo.
Glad that worked out for you! ^
I believe status quo is it going to R1 and not clearing anyone off a waitlist But then I guess it is being inconsistent.. so carry on
eracerblue likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
Anyone want to reconfirm the Lat Fare International still confirms based on P fares? Just asking because about to book a few flights but the AC.com site is showing "waitlist" for people trying to book Lat and upgrade.

I'm sure it's fine but if the rules have changes - that's a serious complication . . B up to P is quite good - the airline gets good yield - and the availability is ok but not great - - but this is a good process overall.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
Anyone want to reconfirm the Lat Fare International still confirms based on P fares? Just asking because about to book a few flights but the AC.com site is showing "waitlist" for people trying to book Lat and upgrade.

I'm sure it's fine but if the rules have changes - that's a serious complication . . B up to P is quite good - the airline gets good yield - and the availability is ok but not great - - but this is a good process overall.
Unless something has changed during the last few years, nothing has changed and you can upgrade B/Y/O class based on P availability on int'l flights and Z availability within NA.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has been an ongoing issue for a few years now. You might have to call in and find an agent who won't argue with you that all eUpgrade upgrades must be based on R (because many cc agents still believe this, and they have no idea where to look or what to look for on acpedia)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:15 pm

Just looking online on the eupgrade tool right now - seems to be showing P availability but waitlist only for upgrade. This is crazy and I am about to book a few tickets. If I can't book "B" and upgrade there's no point in paying the higher price. Will try the SE desk and see if I get success later today.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Just looking online on the eupgrade tool right now - seems to be showing P availability but waitlist only for upgrade. This is crazy and I am about to book a few tickets. If I can't book "B" and upgrade there's no point in paying the higher price. Will try the SE desk and see if I get success later today.
just did this recently on two legs of a Europe Latitude Flight Pass. P class was available per Expertflyer but waitlisted on eupgrade site. Called in, took five minutes.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by visitor

just did this recently on two legs of a Europe Latitude Flight Pass. P class was available per Expertflyer but waitlisted on eupgrade site. Called in, took five minutes.

Yep, unfortunately, you have to call in when this happens. I did this for years on TATL/TPAC Latitude fares when P>0, R=0. Just be aware that there are still quite a few agents (but not as many as, say, a few years ago) who won't budge on P>0 (they still believe that it is based on R only and nothing but R). You'll either need to ask them to discuss with a supervisor or NRD, or HUCA.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:36 am

Just a follow up -- Called in and was fixed by help desk both times. What's amazing is how you still have to educate the agents. I can't imagine this is so unusual that after 4-5 years the agents don't know about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.