Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I thought the same but decided to try online and it allowed me to select my flights and calculated the taxes. I did NOT say 'book' which is where they might advise me, but am keeping my fingers crossed..

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I think you may not be allowed to open jaw between MNL and BOM as they are in different IATA zones. This the agent MIGHT not know, but I would think it would be disallowed, unfortunately - you may be required to open-jaw within the same zone. This would mean that you can't even open-jaw to BKK, as that is, once again, another IATA zone.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Retired FF
I thought the same but decided to try online and it allowed me to select my flights and calculated the taxes. I did NOT say 'book' which is where they might advise me, but am keeping my fingers crossed..
Really, wow! That's very interesting. I mean, generally, if you can get to the booking page online it's a pretty good indication. If you are able to price out your entire itinerary online, then it might even be worthwhile to just book it there, avoiding the nightmare of agents. Otherwise, at least tell the agent, if he gives you trouble, that this is the situation and the website said it was valid - might even work.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

I need to book two tickets one for my wife and the other for me. On the outbound, we will travel on separate dates but be flying back together. I have confirmed that all the segments are available online so will try to book them online and save on the booking fee. If by some weird reason, I am able to book one and get into problems booking the other, does AE allow 24 hours grace for online bookings. !!

Really, wow! That's very interesting. I mean, generally, if you can get to the booking page online it's a pretty good indication. If you are able to price out your entire itinerary online, then it might even be worthwhile to just book it there, avoiding the nightmare of agents. Otherwise, at least tell the agent, if he gives you trouble, that this is the situation and the website said it was valid - might even work.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:10 pm

I need to book two tickets one for my wife and the other for me. On the outbound, we will travel on separate dates but be flying back together. I have confirmed that all the segments are available online so will try to book them online and save on the booking fee. If by some weird reason, I am able to book one and get into problems booking the other, does AE allow 24 hours grace for online bookings. !!
You should first confirm both are available. What I would do then is open both in two browsers and submit simultaneously. If any problem, I would *immediately* call AE (so don't do this at midnight). They don't *officially* have a 24-hour rule, unlike UA, but they are usually cooperative if it's truly an error of some sort.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:26 pm

great, will give it a try, thanks for all the help...

You should first confirm both are available. What I would do then is open both in two browsers and submit simultaneously. If any problem, I would *immediately* call AE (so don't do this at midnight). They don't *officially* have a 24-hour rule, unlike UA, but they are usually cooperative if it's truly an error of some sort.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:27 pm

great, will give it a try, thanks for all the help...
Np, good luck!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC*50K
Mini RTW including South America -- is it possible?

I like to book the following YFC - FRA - EZE - YFC (via YYZ or YUL). As far as I can tell this is not a valid mini RTW. Are there any routings that include both FRA and EZE?

Or could it work via JNB? Something like:
YFC - YYZ
YYZ - FRA stop
FRA - JNB destination
JNB - EZE stop
EZE - YYZ
YYZ - YFC
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by YFCacademic
I like to book the following YFC - FRA - EZE - YFC (via YYZ or YUL). As far as I can tell this is not a valid mini RTW. Are there any routings that include both FRA and EZE?

Or could it work via JNB? Something like:
YFC - YYZ
YYZ - FRA stop
FRA - JNB destination
JNB - EZE stop
EZE - YYZ
YYZ - YFC
I can't find the MPM for YFC-JNB, but if this routing were ex-YYZ, you'd be about 120 miles over MPM on the return, which MIGHT sneak by. Impressive, I didn't think this'd work. Worth a try, maybe even try through the online tool?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:04 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
One problem with this math is that there is no star alliance carrier between JNB-EZE.

JNB-GRU on SAA, but that's it.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
One problem with this math is that there is no star alliance carrier between JNB-EZE.

JNB-GRU on SAA, but that's it.
Doh, I knew there was a hitch in the plan somewhere.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:19 pm

good news, I think

I opened up two browsers and made the booking, completing my wife's first and mine about 30 seconds later. Received a 'successfully completed" message for my wife but none for me. After a few minutes I decided to check my AE account and the points had been deducted and the booking was also showing up on AC site under 'manage my booking', sigh of relief.
Neither of us received confirming emails. Called AE and they assured me that all is Ok and that they are having technical difficulties and that we should receive confirmation emails in a day or so. My wife's ticket has been issued and mine will supposedly be issued within 24 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Np, good luck!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:23 pm

I opened up two browsers and made the booking, completing my wife's first and mine about 30 seconds later. Received a 'successfully completed" message for my wife but none for me. After a few minutes I decided to check my AE account and the points had been deducted and the booking was also showing up on AC site under 'manage my booking', sigh of relief.
Neither of us received confirming emails. Called AE and they assured me that all is Ok and that they are having technical difficulties and that we should receive confirmation emails in a day or so. My wife's ticket has been issued and mine will supposedly be issued within 24 hours. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Nice, congrats!

Aeroplan is BIZARRE sometimes. I have a split itinerary for me and the wife/kid, on exactly the same flight. She got a re-issued e-ticket because there was a schedule change, and I did not. Who knows what gremlins roam their systems.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: AC SE
Not true about no *a carriers between JNB-EZE.
SAA flies it non-stop 2 or 3 times a week

Modify search
Calendar
Flights
Itinerary

Itinerary
Johannesburg (JNB) to Buenos Aires (EZE) - Wed, Mar 13
South African Airways 226 Dep: 9:30AM Arr: 3:30PM 11h 0m Airbus A340 Economy (K)
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE
I was able to do a booking on Aeroplan - Yfc-FRA-JNB-EZE-YFC, Y was 100,000 - with scamcharges of $765. I did not really look to closely at J but it is 150,000 with limited J class seats available.
So - yes it can be done!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by jmolony
I was able to do a booking on Aeroplan - Yfc-FRA-JNB-EZE-YFC, Y was 100,000 - with scamcharges of $765. I did not really look to closely at J but it is 150,000 with limited J class seats available.
So - yes it can be done!
Very cool. As I was saying I'm pretty sure it's slightly over MPM on the outbound, so great score!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.