Mini RTW Questions

Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Rosens222
Thanks for the quick response! So here is what I'm finding availability for...albeit not for my exact dates as I'm still more than 365 days out but most of these seem to have decent availability.

Would you suggest anything different? (all in J). Don't mind paying YQ if it is worth the difference in J:

YYZ-EWR-IST (UA 757) STOP
or YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST (LX A330) - can't find TK direct YYZ-IST
IST-MLE (TK A330) STOP
MLE-SIN (SQ A330)
SIN-NRT (SQ 777-3) STOP
NRT-ICN-LAX (OZ 747)
LAX-ORD-YYZ (UA A320)
Uh, if you can get a seat on YUL-ZRH, take that by far and away over TK. Much better flight experience. For sure. Are you saying you're seeing J availability in all of those?? Even on SIN-NRT? That's very surprising. I'd almost take that whole itin, with the exception of NRT-ICN-LAX: don't fly on the OZ 747, it's old and crusty. Take the other flight of the day.

However... I believe this will go over MPM by about 1000 miles. I was trying to book SIN-KIX-ICN-LAX-YYZ and it was going over by about that much, so I think you will have the same issue. Instead, you should be looking at SIN-NRT-ICN-SFO-YYZ (AC is quite available on SFO-YYZ, despite being a crappy 320); or try SIN-NRT-ICN-ORD-YYZ, which will definitely fall into the MPM.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: dDiamond, A50K*G, AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, AMEX Plat, SPG Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Are you saying you're seeing J availability in all of those?? Even on SIN-NRT? That's very surprising.
I'm seeing some availability on SQ from SIN-HND (not NRT) on 773 and 333....hope it is still available when my trip dates open up!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: Nexus
Originally Posted by Rosens222
Thanks for the quick response! So here is what I'm finding availability for...albeit not for my exact dates as I'm still more than 365 days out but most of these seem to have decent availability.

Would you suggest anything different? (all in J). Don't mind paying YQ if it is worth the difference in J:

YYZ-EWR-IST (UA 757) STOP
or YYZ-YUL-ZRH-IST (LX A330) - can't find TK direct YYZ-IST
IST-MLE (TK A330) STOP
MLE-SIN (SQ A330)
SIN-NRT (SQ 777-3) STOP
NRT-ICN-LAX (OZ 747) edit: Quadra Smartium on the 747s or just 777s? If only 777s, reccommendation for a good NRT-LAX in J?
LAX-ORD-YYZ (UA A320)
Suggest icn -- ord on OZ. its the quadra product and it is direct (assuming you aren't considering a stop in lax). IIRC its not the quadra to lax (ord and sfo only).
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by cmgalan
Suggest icn -- ord on OZ. its the quadra product and it is direct (assuming you aren't considering a stop in lax). IIRC its not the quadra to lax (ord and sfo only).
It is QS to LAX but only one of the two flights (not the 747 mentioned above but the OTHER one).
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
mini-RTW possible ex-Europe?

I'm in Europe currently and I'd like to take a trip with stops in SIN or HKG and SFO. Is it possible to route this? I'm starting in KRK but I'm somewhat flexible as to where I'd leave from, but I can't find any published routing KRK-SFO via the pacific, and KRK-SIN-SFO is way over mileage.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Unfortunately no. You must be flying to a region/zone that requires more miles than the one you are passing through (and doing your stopovers). So from Europe the only ones would be to SAmerica via NAmerica and Australia via Asia. We NAmericans can do Asia/Australia-NZ via Europe but not Europe via Asia/Australia-NZ. The only way to do your routing is with an actual R-t-W award which would return you over the Atlantic/N Pole.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
This is a query to the experts regarding the OP, rather than a contribution, as I am no expert here .

If OP wants to visit SIN OR HKG and SFO, could they not go:

LHR - SIN <stop> - SYD (turn around) - SFO <stop> - LHR if booked with an agent, and not on-line?

Sure there's an extra stop in SYD, and I'm not counting MPMs or miles yet and maybe LAX would have to do rather than SFO, but would the principle hold?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by turtleisland
I'm in Europe currently and I'd like to take a trip with stops in SIN or HKG and SFO. Is it possible to route this? I'm starting in KRK but I'm somewhat flexible as to where I'd leave from, but I can't find any published routing KRK-SFO via the pacific, and KRK-SIN-SFO is way over mileage.
Yeah should be fine - KRK-FRA-SIN (stop)-KIX-SFO(stop)-LHR-FRA-KRK is an example for 75000 AE in Y and 105 000 AE in J - would be a Europe-Asia 1 reward but you can route your inbound across North America back to KRK.

Use SIN as your point of turnaround (POT) and check MPM from that - not KRK-SIN-SFO.

Last edited by mountaingrl; Mar 17, 2013 at 8:22 pm
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by mountaingrl

Use SIN as your point of turnaround (POT) and calculate MPM from that - not KRK-SIN-SFO.
+1 ^
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by mountaingrl

Use SIN as your point of turnaround (POT) and calculate MPM from that - not KRK-SIN-SFO.
you cant really "calculate MPM" its a random number

here is a list for KRK-SIN
GI M 5M
MPM EH 7780 8169
MPM TS 10618 11148
MPM AP 16084 16888

EH between Area 2 and Area 3 via Eastern Hemisphere
TS between Area 2 and Area 3 (Trans Siberian route) with a sector having nonstop service between Europe and Japan/Korea
AP between Area 2 and Area 3 via the Atlantic and the Pacific

This means SIN-KIX-SFO-LHR-FRA-KRK, would indeed be very legal and under MPM5 AP

Last edited by rankourabu; Mar 17, 2013 at 7:25 pm
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu

GI M 5M
MPM EH 7780 8169
MPM TS 10618 11148
MPM AP 16084 16888

TS between Area 2 and Area 3 (Trans Siberian route) with a sector having nonstop service between Europe and Japan/Korea

This means SIN-KIX-SFO-LHR-FRA-KRK, would indeed be very legal and under MPM5 AP
Yes I did not specify that MPM is different via routings just meant that MPMs need to be checked for correct POT - thanks for posting the actual MPMs.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu

GI M 5M
MPM EH 7780 8169
MPM TS 10618 11148
MPM AP 16084 16888

Wow, thank you. I was just trying the trial on EF and didn't know how to look up MPM correctly. ^

Mind sharing how you looked it up? When I try to search it only pulls up the EH routing.

Last edited by turtleisland; Mar 17, 2013 at 8:22 pm
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Wow, thank you. I was just trying the trial on EF and didn't know how to look up MPM correctly. ^

Mind sharing how you looked it up? When I try to search it only pulls up the EH routing.
It's from KVS. IMHO, I like it much better than EF.

You're welcome, glad to help.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:37 pm

You can do it via EF as well but for KRK-SIN you will have to specify with the "global indicator" tab - AP - Atlantic and Pacific.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Mini RTW Questions

Lets say I have a friend who booked a mini rtw. And this friend has an AP reward booking on a *A carrier. On the website of this other *A carrier, the reservation says that the flights will earn X miles in their program.

Possible? Default language?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.