Mini RTW Questions

Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by rankourabu
AE will force YYZ-NRT for you.

I have no idea what USAir will do for you.
+1. When my friend was flying YOW-ORD-NRT and the ORD-NRT was cancelled (ouch, a 747 full of disgruntled passengers) they rebooked him on YYZ-NRT.

US might do something bizarre like reroute you on EK. My dad just got switched from PHL-ZRH-DXB to PHL-MAN-DXB on EK 388
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by kade Reid
Is there a way around this? Maybe swapping the point of turnaround in SIN rather than MEL?
Please tell us if they allow it or not. That would be a cool routing! You'd definitely be maximizing! I hope you'd not be doing that in Y though...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
So what do I do about NH 788 now? Will Aeroplan work with me to find (revenue) space on something else?
Is NH1077 totally cancelled now? I thought some days were going with the B773?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by kade Reid
Is this a valid routing?
SEA-NRT-SIN-MEL-BKK-FRA-YUL-YVR-SEA? With melbourne being POint of turnaround?
you only get 10346 miles for SEA-MEL, so you are way over.
However, everything thru SIN seems to be alowed, but you wont know till you try.

You can expect about $1000 fees on your ticket.
Published routings on SQ are:

Code:
/VIA THE PACIFIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
 1. SEA-AS-LAX-TYO-OSA/NGO/FUK-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 2. SEA-SQ-LAX-TYO-OSA/NGO/FUK-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 3. SEA-VX-LAX-TYO-OSA/NGO/FUK-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 4. SEA-AS-SFO-SEL/HKG-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 5. SEA-SQ-SFO-SEL/HKG-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 6. SEA-VX-SFO-SEL/HKG-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
So my assumption would be that you might be able to do it, but would need to work with an agent a lot.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: dDiamond, A50K*G, AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, AMEX Plat, SPG Gold, Avis First
Question - with EVA Air coming into the alliance, what new Mini RTW routes can you think of - either using them to fly or using a published routing?

I understand from what I've read that their first class is pretty good. I know they are based out of Taipei and also fly to DPS...

Any creative ideas out there?...I am based out of YYZ and I believe they are adding flights from here. YQ charged with EVA or is it too early to tell?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
So my assumption would be that you might be able to do it, but would need to work with an agent a lot.
It seems like as long as SIN-Australia is on SQ, it doesnt matter how one gets to SIN. Thats from personal experience, as well as from this thread.
YMMV.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:02 am

It seems like as long as SIN-Australia is on SQ, it doesnt matter how one gets to SIN. Thats from personal experience, as well as from this thread.
YMMV.
Thanks - I've been asking this for a while and mixed responses received. It *seemed* to be leaning towards what you say, though, so it's good you have experienced this.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:10 pm

Published routings on SQ are:

Code:
/VIA THE PACIFIC/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
 1. SEA-AS-LAX-TYO-OSA/NGO/FUK-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 2. SEA-SQ-LAX-TYO-OSA/NGO/FUK-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 3. SEA-VX-LAX-TYO-OSA/NGO/FUK-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 4. SEA-AS-SFO-SEL/HKG-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 5. SEA-SQ-SFO-SEL/HKG-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
 6. SEA-VX-SFO-SEL/HKG-SIN-SQ/MI-MEL
What is the SQ pub routing to SYD? AKL? Same? Assume these would work from YVR? I thought some one posted it worked from YYC?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:32 pm

I will try once more asking where do the pub routings come from. Neither from ANX nor from EF. I will be so grateful if I finally get an answer that I might refer someone to someone sometime. Maybe, eh.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by sp4294
What is the SQ pub routing to SYD? AKL? Same? Assume these would work from YVR? I thought some one posted it worked from YYC?
Should be roughly similar. Yes - someone did post being able to route YYC-LAX-etc.

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I will try once more asking where do the pub routings come from. Neither from ANX nor from EF. I will be so grateful if I finally get an answer that I might refer someone to someone sometime. Maybe, eh.
On EF, in the left menu, go to Fare Information. Input the cities and the date, leave the rest blank. Search, and when the results come up, on the right, look for an icon that looks like a bunch of points connected together - that will give you routings for the airline in the first column.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:44 pm

On EF, in the left menu, go to Fare Information. Input the cities and the date, leave the rest blank. Search, and when the results come up, on the right, look for an icon that looks like a bunch of points connected together - that will give you routings for the airline in the first column.
Txs Pseudo Nim
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Txs Pseudo Nim
No problem, good luck finding neat stuff
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat

Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: Nexus
I've just booked a mini RTW in F with half my segments in J.

What is the program/software/website that allows one to monitor reward availability in F on specific flights thus removing the need for me to spend all day checking the UA website for availability?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by cmgalan
I've just booked a mini RTW in F with half my segments in J.

What is the program/software/website that allows one to monitor reward availability in F on specific flights thus removing the need for me to spend all day checking the UA website for availability?
Use my site (signature).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.