Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
My Carnival CC with Barclay gets amazing offers multiple times a year. Has been as high as 11% back during the pandemic. Right now its 5% back on Grocery/Gas. Got the Wyndham business the first day it was available, received 0 offers beyond the 0% offers
on the hopes of good promotions. Honestly, the status match benefits are huge in themself. And this is one of the few options for 5x on utilities. Thanks for sharing your experience. I will keep my expectations realistic.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
on the hopes of good promotions. Honestly, the status match benefits are huge in themself. And this is one of the few options for 5x on utilities. Thanks for sharing your experience. I will keep my expectations realistic.
I have had the card going on 2 years now I have never seen any spend offers on the Wyndham business.

I just hope CET keeps matching Diamond status at Wyndham obtained via the card going forward.

8X on gas, 5 X on utilities, cell phone insurance if you pay the bill using the card.

IMO the $95 AF is more than offset with the 15K points they give every year which are worth $150 if transferred to CET
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:02 pm

10K Additional card holder bonus

I recently signed up for the Wyndham Business card and in the first month of my SUB. The SUB included 10K points if you add a cardholder and they make a purchase using the card. In my attempt to add my spouse, I receive a message that a card can not be issued and I needed to contact customer service. Has anybody run across this before? Applied as a sole proprietor so wondering if that is the issue? A little annoying that Barclays mentions that a new cardholder can get a SUB up to 75K but am unable to add a cardholder using their website. Any input would be appreciated.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
I believe I added an additional cardholder at time of card application.
The 10k bonus posted immediately after additional cardholder purchase so you can call them, get the card, and do it well within the timeframe.

Unrelatedly (I can't find an appropriate thread):
I'm participating in this promotion and have already stayed once: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...t-a-free-night
I can find hotels from about $75 and would be just doing a mattress run. Do you think this is worth it? I guess I can get $75 worth out of 7500 points from CET but it kinda feels like a waste of energy, lol.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by AKNorth
I recently signed up for the Wyndham Business card and in the first month of my SUB. The SUB included 10K points if you add a cardholder and they make a purchase using the card. In my attempt to add my spouse, I receive a message that a card can not be issued and I needed to contact customer service. Has anybody run across this before? Applied as a sole proprietor so wondering if that is the issue? A little annoying that Barclays mentions that a new cardholder can get a SUB up to 75K but am unable to add a cardholder using their website. Any input would be appreciated.
I'm having the same issue. Unable to add online and have called 3 times each time being told I would receive the card within 7 business days. I've also secure messaged them but they seem unable to do anything via secure message and asked me to call. My last call was this morning and nothing is showing under Cardholders yet. I'm approaching 30 days and am about to give up on the 10k points. I also applied as sole proprietor. Let me know if you have any luck figuring out what the issue is.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:34 am

Redemption discount

Is the 10% GoFree redemption discount supposed to appear in the online booking process or does it get applied only after booking? I’m not seeing it show up when trying to book on the Wyndham mobile app but I’ve only had the card for less than 30 days. Thanks in advance for any data points as I couldn’t find this info elsewhere.

Separate DP: I did book a Vacasa stay via Wyndham’s dedicated phone line and was charged only 13,500 points/night for a 1-bedroom property, so the cardholder discount must have been recognized by the phone rep.

Last edited by Dadofsix; Sep 20, 2022 at 4:05 pm Reason: Changed "website" to "mobile app"
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:43 am

When you search you will see the full price. But you see the details in the room type.

It might say the hotel is 15,000 on the search page. When I click into the hotel however it has 15,000 and above it "10% POINTS DISCOUNT"
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
The 10 percent discount has been processed upon my point stay redemptions.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
When you search you will see the full price. But you see the details in the room type.

It might say the hotel is 15,000 on the search page. When I click into the hotel however it has 15,000 and above it "10% POINTS DISCOUNT"
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
The 10 percent discount has been processed upon my point stay redemptions.
I forgot to mention that I was using the Wyndham mobile app, not the website. Apparently the app doesn't show this verbiage but I do see that the website does. Thanks for your assistance.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by PattyC2
I'm having the same issue. Unable to add online and have called 3 times each time being told I would receive the card within 7 business days. I've also secure messaged them but they seem unable to do anything via secure message and asked me to call. My last call was this morning and nothing is showing under Cardholders yet. I'm approaching 30 days and am about to give up on the 10k points. I also applied as sole proprietor. Let me know if you have any luck figuring out what the issue is.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have also called three times. First two I was told that I would be receive the employee card. The third time after 40 minutes I was transferred to another department which ended up being back to the phone tree. I hung up in frustration as customer service was useless and could not address the issue. Really unfortunate that Barclays can not get their act together to add additional cardholders when their SUB specifically requires adding a card to obtain the maximum SUB. At best it is a terrible customer experience, at worst they have legal exposure of offering a benefit that they specifically will not allow a customer to obtain due to their lack of customer service.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Any recent data about when the sign-up bonus points post to your Wyndham account?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:14 pm

Several months back I was looking for information on the Wyndham Rewards Business Earner. Thanks to all that assisted. I said I would report back with my experience. Here it is:

I was instantly approved online. I have an LLC and Sole proprietorship but I do not know if this weighed in. I also have a Barclays personal card and good relationship.
A hard T/U pull was made.
The card (in good standing) does not report to the big 3 credit bureaus. I have no information regarding reporting to the other less common databases.
My Credit Line was about 1 year stated gross business income.
I have never received special offers.
The SUB was met within days of getting the card. The bonus points posted within 30 days.
Within weeks of meeting the SUB spend requirement, I was sent solicitations for another Barclays business card.
Utilities get a 5X bonus. Frontier communications charges a commercial card fee if you try to use the card with them. (still a net 2x)
The card is great for the Walmart plus app. 8x on gas plus 10 cents off per gallon.
While I was previously Wyndham Diamond from a status match from Hilton and years of the merry go round, my Caesars Rewards would not match up to Diamond. After multiple emails with Caesars (who btw are terrible at replying) I was advised that the problem was with Wyndham. On the phone with Wyndham, the problem was resolved within hours of making the call. (but not in time for book free rooms at Atlantis for spring break)
Im not a big fan of the Wyndham point redemptions I have found so far when trying to plan trips. I tend to find redemptions well below 1CPP. It seems like the easiest good value is to transfer to Caesars and stack the points with discounted rooms in Las Vegas.
The annual fee is easily offset multiple times by the annual point award, Caesars Celebration Dinner, Caesars resort fee waivers and Caesars free parking.
This card packs solid value even if you do not swipe it. I strongly plan to keep it as long as the benefits are not disturbed.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 1:24 am

I agree that transferring to Caesar’s is a good way to use Wyndham points. I haven’t done it yet but others have mentioned Vacasa can be a good use of points as they charge 15k points per bedroom. In some cases this could include separate living room area and kitchen. I did research places in Maui and there were number of cases where one could do better than the 1x1 Caesar’s transfer.
EZTraveler likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by EZTraveler
Several months back I was looking for information on the Wyndham Rewards Business Earner. Thanks to all that assisted. I said I would report back with my experience. Here it is:

I was instantly approved online. I have an LLC and Sole proprietorship but I do not know if this weighed in. I also have a Barclays personal card and good relationship.
A hard T/U pull was made.
The card (in good standing) does not report to the big 3 credit bureaus. I have no information regarding reporting to the other less common databases.
My Credit Line was about 1 year stated gross business income.
I have never received special offers.
The SUB was met within days of getting the card. The bonus points posted within 30 days.
Within weeks of meeting the SUB spend requirement, I was sent solicitations for another Barclays business card.
Utilities get a 5X bonus. Frontier communications charges a commercial card fee if you try to use the card with them. (still a net 2x)
The card is great for the Walmart plus app. 8x on gas plus 10 cents off per gallon.
While I was previously Wyndham Diamond from a status match from Hilton and years of the merry go round, my Caesars Rewards would not match up to Diamond. After multiple emails with Caesars (who btw are terrible at replying) I was advised that the problem was with Wyndham. On the phone with Wyndham, the problem was resolved within hours of making the call. (but not in time for book free rooms at Atlantis for spring break)
Im not a big fan of the Wyndham point redemptions I have found so far when trying to plan trips. I tend to find redemptions well below 1CPP. It seems like the easiest good value is to transfer to Caesars and stack the points with discounted rooms in Las Vegas.
The annual fee is easily offset multiple times by the annual point award, Caesars Celebration Dinner, Caesars resort fee waivers and Caesars free parking.
This card packs solid value even if you do not swipe it. I strongly plan to keep it as long as the benefits are not disturbed.

I love the Wyndham business card and we also churn the Wyndham Personal cards (every other year) which have had a SUB as high as 90K.

I transfer a lot of point to Caesars but there are fewer and fewer places that accept reward credits in Vegas and even fewer that redeem at 100 RC per $1.

I agree on it being hard to find Wyndham properties we like to stay at but next week we have 3 nights at the Wyndham Grand timeshares ( next door to the Wyndham Hotel) in Clearwater Beach.

Almost a 1000 SF with separate bedroom, full kitchen, Laundry, free parking, large balcony , etc etc

We paid 81K Wyndham points total ( 30K a night with 10% card holder discount) for all 3 nights, the last price I saw before our dates sold out was $750 a night so we are getting great value.

People also seem to love the Wyndham hotel which is next door and oddly priced at the same 30K/Night but It's MUCH EASIER to find a room in the hotel vs the timeshare side.
EZTraveler likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I love the Wyndham business card and we also churn the Wyndham Personal cards (every other year) which have had a SUB as high as 90K.

I transfer a lot of point to Caesars but there are fewer and fewer places that accept reward credits in Vegas and even fewer that redeem at 100 RC per $1.

I agree on it being hard to find Wyndham properties we like to stay at but next week we have 3 nights at the Wyndham Grand timeshares ( next door to the Wyndham Hotel) in Clearwater Beach.

Almost a 1000 SF with separate bedroom, full kitchen, Laundry, free parking, large balcony , etc etc

We paid 81K Wyndham points total ( 30K a night with 10% card holder discount) for all 3 nights, the last price I saw before our dates sold out was $750 a night so we are getting great value.

People also seem to love the Wyndham hotel which is next door and oddly priced at the same 30K/Night but It's MUCH EASIER to find a room in the hotel vs the timeshare side.
I am very familiar with that Wyndham property. Even though I have never stayed there, I see a lot of fun and happy when I walk by it. They also put sales reps out on the street to bring you in for a timeshare sales pitch. I think they offered 50K points last time.

I was curious though. You had no problems going every other year with the consumer card? I tread merry lightly with them but I think I am too conservative. Maybe its time to turn it up a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.