Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

The latter
Old Sep 8, 2021, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
The latter

I guess you will find out why you were denied when the letter arrives.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

So I called the consideration line and was further surprised that what they want is additional verification info of my ID, social security card and utility bill!! This is just crazy because I already have Barclays Business card (AA aviator business) that I got 3 months ago with no issues and my address have not changed or anything!! On top of that, the customer relationship agent said that they only accept these forms on fax or mail!!!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by good_boy_1234
So I called the consideration line and was further surprised that what they want is additional verification info of my ID, social security card and utility bill!! This is just crazy because I already have Barclays Business card (AA aviator business) that I got 3 months ago with no issues and my address have not changed or anything!! On top of that, the customer relationship agent said that they only accept these forms on fax or mail!!!

Good luck, I was on that Barclay fraud list for years. I had several Barclay cards open at the time and answered all sorts of questions only I would know such as relatives DOB..........no luck they still wanted verification.

I think I was stuck in that cycle for a year or so then they started approving me again..
Old Sep 11, 2021, 5:23 pm

Make sure your Business Earner is charging a $95 annual fee. Apparently some recent applicants were charged $150.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by MojoGuru
Make sure your Business Earner is charging a $95 annual fee. Apparently some recent applicants were charged $150.
Points not posting.......... the wrong amount of points posting.......interest charges on balances paid in full WELL before the due date............now the wrong annual fee amount being billed.

Barclay is a joke............I'll keep the card for the Diamond Status at Caesars ( assuming Eldorado resorts who now own Caesars doesn't pull out of the Wyndham partnership in 2022) and 8x gas but they aren't getting anymore of my business.

Who wants to bet the 15K annual point bonus for paying the $95 AF also gets screwed up next year ?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Points not posting.......... the wrong amount of points posting.......interest charges on balances paid in full WELL before the due date............now the wrong annual fee amount being billed.

Barclay is a joke............I'll keep the card for the Diamond Status at Caesars ( assuming Eldorado resorts who now own Caesars doesn't pull out of the Wyndham partnership in 2022) and 8x gas but they aren't getting anymore of my business.

Who wants to bet the 15K annual point bonus for paying the $95 AF also gets screwed up next year ?
I was also charged a $1.00 finance fee on my most recent statement. I called for an explanation, and, after being transferred once, they issued a credit. They also told me that they are authorized to waive similar finance charges for the next 30 days and acknowledged it was related to the switchover to the new billing/account system.

Regarding my points, I had a $400 utility payment which correctly earned 5X, along with approximately $120.00 (960 points) in gas charges. Around 2920 points were correctly sent to Wyndham, slightly less than the 2980 earned. It's only 60 points, so I'll give them time to fix it. A few months ago, I got a letter from Wyndham, acknowledging that some charges were not posting with the correct points. Within a few weeks, the missing points were awarded.

When you only had 6 points post to Wyndham, did the remainder ever post later on?

I am hoping most of these issues are related to the changeover to the new billing system and that things will be resolved by October/November, though I would be upset if I was charged an incorrect annual fee.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
When you only had 6 points post to Wyndham, did the remainder ever post later on?

I am hoping most of these issues are related to the changeover to the new billing system and that things will be resolved by October/November, though I would be upset if I was charged an incorrect annual fee.
The 6 points were from my August 21 statement so no resolution yet................I just want to get the SUB we are owed ( 2 personal 1, Business) and then I can easily track the 8x gas.

My wife also had an issue where Wyndham consolidated her accounts and gave THE CLOSED account number to Barclay so she didn't earn points for about 9 months. Barclay changed the Wyndham # on both of her cards to match the closed account...........it was only maybe 3K total points so I missed it until I logged into her personal account and she was Gold instead of Diamond.

I have been churning for almost 2 decades and we have had more issues with Barclay in the past few months than every other bank combined going back to 2004

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 15, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:49 am

Just adding my IT woes to this thread. I’ve opened literally dozens of cards over the years and have never had this many issues around card approval and the bonus:
  • When I applied I wound up in the dreaded “we need more documents” security wormhole. ID, utility bill, etc. They couldn’t read my faxes after several attempts so I had to snail mail them. Each time I had to call the security team to check it was a 1-hour hold.
  • Then I was caught up in some kind of IT migration issue where my card was never issued despite approval. Had to call a half dozen times at least to get that resolved, with one department telling me to talk to another one, more long holds.
  • And now, similar to the poster above, the Barclays app showed my 90k bonus points as having posted a week ago but they never hit Wyndham… and suddenly today I’m showing 0 points in the Barclays app, with still nothing at Wyndham. Rep (from their Philippines phone bank) says they’re still having some IT issues but could only tell me to contact Wyndham to check if the points are there.

For the first time in all my card apps, I can definitively say this was not worth the hassle.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:42 pm

I "THINK" our cards are all straightened out. We recieved all of the SUB we expected except the 2nd ( 30K) SUB on the business.

60k from the business did post today as well as 30k from a personal SUB and the 15K per year my wife gets as she has the old Wyndham personal card that gives 15K points per year for renewing.

My wife and I also had extra points added to our Wyndham account, I guess the amount of points are what were are owed but at this point I don't even care..............the value is in the SUB.

Going forward I'm only charging gas on these cards, easy to figure out points as they should be 8X what we charge per month
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
I applied for, and received, the business card. So far, the process has been pretty simple and straightforward, other than the Barclay's website looking like it's from 1997. I'll use the card a lot in the next few months to meet minimum spends and see if there are any problems.

What I don't like.. I have great credit and several other long-standing open accounts, most with no pre-set limit or limits > $10k, several business credit lines at least a decade old and in good standing, and a credit score just a shade under 800. All of these factors considered, Barclay's saw it fit to give me a $2k limit. Real generous there, Barclays. To meet minimum spend for the awards, I'll need to just pay it off as I go; hopefully that doesn't confuse their (apparently antiquated) systems and mess up the points calculations.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Keith Evans
I applied for, and received, the business card. So far, the process has been pretty simple and straightforward, other than the Barclay's website looking like it's from 1997. I'll use the card a lot in the next few months to meet minimum spends and see if there are any problems.

What I don't like.. I have great credit and several other long-standing open accounts, most with no pre-set limit or limits > $10k, several business credit lines at least a decade old and in good standing, and a credit score just a shade under 800. All of these factors considered, Barclay's saw it fit to give me a $2k limit. Real generous there, Barclays. To meet minimum spend for the awards, I'll need to just pay it off as I go; hopefully that doesn't confuse their (apparently antiquated) systems and mess up the points calculations.
The SUB thresholds are 60K points for spending $1000 in 90 days

Then an additional 30K points for spending a total of $2000 in 6 months

From what I see there is no need to rush the spend as you won't get all 90K in one shot even if you pass $2K on the first statement.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 5:15 pm

Barclays website is now showing the points earned by transaction, just as it had been doing for the personal. I'm glad to see integration improving.

They seem to be depositing points by category type, rather than a monthly lump sum, which gets more confusing with two cards. I think I'm going to move my small gas purchases, such as a beverage, over to the business.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:24 am
Original Poster

The verification took for ever...finally they confirmed they received documents and asked me more questions then got approved. They said 7-10 business days to receive the card. Is there a way to expedite it?
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:19 pm

I thought I would add my data point for this application. I applied on September 23. My wife and I have a real business, incorporated in 2013, over $100K in revenue. The only Barclays card I am connected with is that I'm an AU on my wife's LL Bean credit card - open for 13 years but barely used. The only credit cards that would appear on my credit report for the last 2 years would be an Amex in November 2020, two Chase cards in September 2020, and an Amex in November 2019.

After applying, I got "Your application is being reviewed. We're processing your application and need additional information from you." By the end of the day on September 24, the online status website said that they could not approve me. I let it go, as I was losing interest in actually getting the card. However, I received a letter in the mail about 5 days later, dated Sept 24, that said that they are "in the final stages of processing your application and need a few more pieces of information about your business." It asked me to mail or fax evidence of the business and ownership of the business. Examples listed were LLC agreement, Limited Partnership Agreement, Articles or Certificate of Incorporation, stock ownership records, corporate records, Annual Reports, subscription agreements, tax returns.

I faxed my Articles of Incorporation and the 2021 Annual Report on September 30.

Today (October 6) I received an email saying that I was approved for the card. I never called in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.