Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
Just applied and was instantly approved for the Earner+.

Currently my only Barclay card is the Earner Business and never had another Barclay card
I’ll have to give it a try.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by SFO6P1
I’ll have to give it a try.
Good luck
The 100K points for Earner+ is a very sweet deal for such a small amount to spend.

Much better welcome bonus than the other Earner card.
Yes, a great deal. If you can spend all 2k on gas or Wyndham, its another 12,000 points on top of it
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:29 am

Good luck

Yes, a great deal. If you can spend all 2k on gas or Wyndham, its another 12,000 points on top of it
Imagine that, 112,000 points to use for food at Caesars, that’s like $1120 worth of points!!!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:48 am

Imagine that, 112,000 points to use for food at Caesars, that’s like $1120 worth of points!!!
Use it toward hotel and save on tax, it is probably closer to 1300 or 1400
Old Mar 14, 2024, 11:53 am

Thank you, much better use of the points, more value. Save on taxes.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:59 pm

Anyone have luck getting the Earner+ card while having business? Terms don't specifically say you can't do it, but wondering if anyone has successfully before applying to get the great 100k points offer
My wife and I churn the Earner personal card ~ every other year.

We hold the card about 11 months and cancel just before the 2nd AF then wait for a great SUB offer like the current 75K or 100K

You can't have a personal earner ( either card ) open and get approved for a 2nd card.

I just grabbed the 100K Earner Plus Sub again yesterday.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thank you, much better use of the points, more value. Save on taxes.
If you pay in points at the table/bar there is no tax.

The only problem is the current transfer max is 60K points per year but come January it resets and last year they bumped it to 100K per year for a while.

Keep in mind CET points expire in 6 months without any activity.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If you pay in points at the table/bar there is no tax.

The only problem is the current transfer max is 60K points per year but come January it resets and last year they bumped it to 100K per year for a while.

Hopefully it goes back up to 100K annually for transfers.

I read the way around the 6 month expiration is to get the Caesar credit card (no annual fee) and just buy something within the 6 month period to keep it active.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:29 pm

Hopefully it goes back up to 100K annually for transfers.

I read the way around the 6 month expiration is to get the Caesar credit card (no annual fee) and just buy something within the 6 month period to keep it active.
Yes you just need activity every 6 months , Say and play surveys also work to extend the expiration date.

You can also do 10K transfers Wyndham to CET to extend, IMO both are better than wasting a 5/24 slot on a CET credit card.
gudugan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:19 pm

I calendar every 4 months to do a Wyndham to Caesars transfer
My wife and I churn the Earner personal card ~ every other year.

We hold the card about 11 months and cancel just before the 2nd AF then wait for a great SUB offer like the current 75K or 100K
why cancel at 11 months? When my wife had the business card the points posted with the annual fee, called and cancelled. They reversed the annual fee but we kept the points. I imagine the same would be true for personal. Get the 7,500 points then cancel instead
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:45 pm

why cancel at 11 months? When my wife had the business card the points posted with the annual fee, called and cancelled. They reversed the annual fee but we kept the points. I imagine the same would be true for personal. Get the 7,500 points then cancel instead
Because games like that are what get you black listed at banks.....................and for 7500 points..................I'll pass.

I'm setting up the next SUB and you need to have the card cancelled about 90 days before it clears the Barclay system.............until it clears you will get instant denial on another Earner card.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:13 am

Just applied and was instantly approved for the Earner+.

Currently my only Barclay card is the Earner Business and never had another Barclay card
Have you had any issues since getting the new card?
Did they setup a duplicate Wyndham account, or downgrade your Wyndham Diamond status to Platinum? Thanks to your earlier data point, I decided to apply. 100,000 points for only $2000 spend over 6 months it too good to pass up and it'll give me another excuse to head to Vegas and redeem with Caesars.

When I applied for the Wyndham Earner Business card a few years ago, my application went to PENDING but was immediately approved a few days later.

This time around my application went to PENDING and I was told to mail in a copy of the front and back of my drivers license, social security card, and a utility bill or bank statement.
I was a little annoyed, but I had to do the same thing when I applied for another card through FBNO, and I still had 80% of those documents saved as PDFs, so I printed them off and mailed them in via USPS Express mail.

A few days later, I called for an update and was told the documents were too blurry to read, apparently Barclays has much higher standards than FBNO.
This time, however, I was given a fax number to use and told I should go to Staples and use one of their high definition copiers.

We don't have Staples, so I called OFFICE DEPOT and was told they could fax documents for $1.89 per page.

I thought about it and remembered my cell phone has a very good camera and can probably also fax......I downloaded TINY FAX and paid $4.99 for unlimited faxes for 1 week. I thought 1 week was all it would take.
I faxed all the documents, waited a few days, and was told they were unable to see the watermark on my social security card...LOL...and that I could send in my IRS 1040 in lieu of the social security card.

I faxed all the documents, and also mailed via USPS, just for added piece of mind. A few days later, I was told they received everything but the IRS 1040 had to be signed or it was invalid....I wish they would've told me that in the beginning......

I faxed in a signed copy of the IRS 1040, waited a few days, and was told they were still waiting for a valid copy of the social security card and utility bill.....To be fair, I know many of them were not reading all the notes on my account to see that the utility bill was already received and deemed valid on March 21.

Frustrated, I printed off my drivers license-front and back, social security card-front and back, utility bill, IRS 1040 for 2023, and my US Passport card, signed multiple pages of every document, just to be safe, and attached a signed cover letter delineating everything that was in the 20 page stack of papers......and mailed everything for a 3rd time.

I called yesterday and was told everything had been received and I was finally approved.......Of course, the application still shows "BEING REVIEWED" online, but I am hoping to receive the card in the next week or two.
gudugan likes this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Apr 10, 2024 at 7:31 am
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Have you had any issues since getting the new card?
So far no issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.