Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Questions for Holders of the Wyndham Business Earners cards

Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat Pro
Barclays gave me a new Wyndham number even though I already had a Wyndham number and I submitted it with my application. When I got the approval email there was a link to set up my new Wyndham account and so I did that. The new Wyndham account is still showing Blue. I checked again today. Nothing has changed with the old Wyndham account either, although I am pretty sure Barclays would have nothing to do with that one. When I spoke to Barclays they even confirmed they are using this new Wyndham account number and they could not even change it, they say, for a month. Everything is a month for them, it must be a standard answer when things are not working properly. I am going to call Wyndham today and see what they can tell me. I don't think this is normal, I suspect something got gummed up somewhere.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by tommybananas
Barclays gave me a new Wyndham number even though I already had a Wyndham number and I submitted it with my application. When I got the approval email there was a link to set up my new Wyndham account and so I did that. The new Wyndham account is still showing Blue. I checked again today. Nothing has changed with the old Wyndham account either, although I am pretty sure Barclays would have nothing to do with that one. When I spoke to Barclays they even confirmed they are using this new Wyndham account number and they could not even change it, they say, for a month. Everything is a month for them, it must be a standard answer when things are not working properly. I am going to call Wyndham today and see what they can tell me. I don't think this is normal, I suspect something got gummed up somewhere.
I had the same issues when I got approved for the card a few years ago. I had an existing account, used it on the credit card application, and Barclays still assigned me a new Wyndham account.
Your best option is to wait for the new account to be upgraded to Diamond.
I would give it another week, contact Barclays again, and see what happens.

If that doesn't yield results, try contacting Wyndham and see what they can do. If you send them screenshots of your Business Earner card, along with a redacted statement, if needed, they may be able to process the upgrade on their end.

Once one of your accounts is upgraded to Diamond, it is pretty easy to have Wyndham transfer points from one account to the other by merging them.

Good Luck.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by tommybananas
Instead of creating the new Wyndham account I would have called Barclay and had them add your existing Wyndham number to the card, if you had any points on the existing account you now need to merge it with the new account.

If you spoke to Barclay and they read you ( you didn't say the acct # and they agreed) the Wyndham number they have for your Earner card and it matches the account # you created you SHOULD be all set but as you can read it does say up to 8 weeks.

I wonder if creating a new Wyndham account as opposed to using an existing account could be part of the delay.

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...39;s%20Wyndham

Effective September 29, 2020, opening a new Wyndham Rewards EarnerŪ Business Card credit card account in accordance with its terms and conditions provides the Member with a Diamond Level membership,which will be activated typically within 24 to 48 (but can take up to 8 weeks) hours after the Member’s Wyndham Rewards EarnerŪ Business Card credit card account is open. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, such Diamond Level will remain in place until December 31 of the calendar year in which the Member’s applicable credit card account is terminated. The Diamond Level obtained pursuant to this paragraph and all associated Member Level Benefits are applicable only to the primary cardmember on the account.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 9, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Old Feb 11, 2024, 11:27 pm

Must be taking longer now to get diamond status. I was approved for business card on Jan 24th and still not updated to diamond. I had the correct account number on card from beginning. Hope I don't have to wait 8 weeks!! I want to do a Caesars match.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by lyst
Must be taking longer now to get diamond status. I was approved for business card on Jan 24th and still not updated to diamond. I had the correct account number on card from beginning. Hope I don't have to wait 8 weeks!! I want to do a Caesars match.
The Wyndham to Caesars status match isn't happening right now because the Wyndham matching system is undergoing system maintenance until March. So you're not missing anything.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 1:50 pm

Okay, just hope I get my diamond status from business card by March.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 3:58 pm
SBT

Does anyone have the phone number for Caesar Rewards customer service.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 10:23 am

So I applied for the business earner on 02/07 and just received the card yesterday. I contacted Wyndham support to ask if they could expedite my Wyndham Diamond status as it had not changed yet. Unfortunately this was their response.

Duane,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham RewardsŪ.

We see you have the Barclays Earner Business Card with Diamond attached to your account. The status will update after 8 weeks from when you got the card.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Thank you for your continued loyalty.

Antony
Wyndham Rewards Member Services

EDIT:
I asked if they could expedite the status update and got this respose

Duane,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham RewardsŪ.

I'm sorry but there is no way to expedite this matter.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Thank you for your continued loyalty.

Antony
Wyndham Rewards Member Services

Last edited by Darth Duane; Feb 16, 2024 at 11:30 am
Old Feb 16, 2024, 4:36 pm

So Ignore my previous post. I don't know if it went through by itself or it was from calling the Wyndham help line but they matched me to Diamond this afternoon. Now to see if i can expedite a Caesar's match for a trip at the end of the month.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Darth Duane
So Ignore my previous post. I don't know if it went through by itself or it was from calling the Wyndham help line but they matched me to Diamond this afternoon. Now to see if i can expedite a Caesar's match for a trip at the end of the month.
Congrats and good luck.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:09 pm

Anyone have luck getting the Earner+ card while having business? Terms don't specifically say you can't do it, but wondering if anyone has successfully before applying to get the great 100k points offer
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:25 pm

My business earner card has my Wyndham account number on the front right under my name.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
Anyone have luck getting the Earner+ card while having business? Terms don't specifically say you can't do it, but wondering if anyone has successfully before applying to get the great 100k points offer
I guess I will be the DP...i will apply tomorrow and report back
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:52 am

Just applied and was instantly approved for the Earner+.

Currently my only Barclay card is the Earner Business and never had another Barclay card
gudugan likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
The 100K points for Earner+ is a very sweet deal for such a small amount to spend.

Much better welcome bonus than the other Earner card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.